1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theosophy

Discussion in 'Seekers Circle' started by Nicholas W., Apr 19, 2013.

1. Nicholas W.

Nicholas W. Bodhicitta

Ratings:
    +223
    Religion:
    Mahayana
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Nicholas W.

Nicholas W. Bodhicitta

Ratings:
    +223
    Religion:
    Mahayana
    Here is a definition from the large online Glossary:

3. Nicholas W.

Nicholas W. Bodhicitta

Ratings:
    +223
    Religion:
    Mahayana
  4. Nicholas W.

Nicholas W. Bodhicitta

Ratings:
    +223
    Religion:
    Mahayana
  5. ben d

ben d Being

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Religion:
    Yes
  6. Nicholas W.

Nicholas W. Bodhicitta

Ratings:
    +223
    Religion:
    Mahayana
    This is the TS Pt Loma of Holland holding a two-day event on Spirituality. Each session is archived and has both Dutch & English speakers and translations.

ISIS Foundation on Livestream.

7. Nicholas W.

Nicholas W. Bodhicitta

Ratings:
    +223
    Religion:
    Mahayana
    From Purucker's Dialogues:

8. Nicholas W.

Nicholas W. Bodhicitta

Ratings:
    +223
    Religion:
    Mahayana
  9. Nicholas W.

Nicholas W. Bodhicitta

Ratings:
    +223
    Religion:
    Mahayana
  10. Nicholas W.

Nicholas W. Bodhicitta

Ratings:
    +223
    Religion:
    Mahayana
  11. Nicholas W.

Nicholas W. Bodhicitta

Ratings:
    +223
    Religion:
    Mahayana
    It is small wonder indeed that the world is in the perilous state in which it now finds itself, if its shaky ethical sense is founded on no more stable and stronger foundation than that derived from a materialism which bases the loftiest and noblest intuitions of the human spirit upon appetites, impulses, and the beastly qualities which man shares with the most savage representatives of the animal kingdom!

The causes of such materialistic nightmares, for they are nothing but scientific nightmares, have arisen in a complete, and in certain cases it would almost seem in a willful, ignoring or turning aside from every noble quality and impersonal attribute which the human constitution contains. One might well ask the scientific gentlemen whether they have never known of other qualities, attributes, impulses, powers, and faculties in the human constitution, besides those beastly instincts which we share with the beast, and which, when unleashed, sink man to depths of depravity that even the beasts are incapable of reaching.

The argument becomes immediately preposterous, because it wilfully turns its face away from everything that the human constitution contains which makes man man, that has built the great civilizations of the past, that has brought about the efflorescence of all the activities of human genius, that has established the great works of moral splendor and intellectual light which have given hope and inspiration and inestimable comfort to the human race for ages past. On the basis itself that these materialistic evolutionists lay down, they fail to show any origins for such sublime qualities in the human soul as self-forgetful devotion, impersonal love, the strong ethical instinct of altruism, and the spiritual and intellectual fruits of its activity which the human spirit has produced in the world.

Purucker, The Esoteric Tradition, 1:291-2

• Like Like x 1
  12. ben d

ben d Being

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Religion:
    Yes
    Thank you Skull, De Purucker would find it hard to believe that the material decadence and imperial ruthlessness of his time was mild compared to now....the world must surely be facing one of those transitional-subrace judgement/culling events. In particular, IIRC the 5th subrace to 6th subrace transition of the 5th root race comes to mind.

13. Nicholas W.

Nicholas W. Bodhicitta

Ratings:
    +223
    Religion:
    Mahayana
    Yes Ben, something wicked this way comes for certain; but if I recall, that 5 to 6 sub race transition is still tens of thousands of years away.

14. ben d

ben d Being

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Religion:
    Yes
    Perhaps, but the 6th is already emerging as we speak. However also, IIRC, the 5th subrace of the 4th root Atlantian race were the Hebrews, which was the seed for the 5th root race (the number of the subrace represents the upcoming next root race) and so the 5th subrace of the 5th Aryan root race are the Teutonic which is why the Jews and northern Europeans have been at loggerheads....the Aryans must completely subdue the remnants of the 4th root race in order for the next root race, the 6th, to come into existence, the seed of which will be the 6th subrace of the Aryan 5th root race.

The Zionist state of Israel is the remnant of the Atlantian (the Noah story) which event was the transition of the 4th to 5th root race...which required the remnant of the 3rd root race and earlier than the 5th subrace (Hebrews) of the Atlantian 4th root race to be culled. Now the irony is that the Hebrew 5th subrace of the 4th root race as the seed of the 5th root race, now find themselves as remnants, aligning themselves with the the earlier remnant subraces of the 5th Aryan root race against the 5th Teutonic subrace and any emerging 6th subrace peoples of the 5th Aryan root race.

Since this 6th subrace of the 5th root race will form the seed of the 6th root race, there will need to be a Noah type culling event of the remnant of the 4th root race and earlier subraces (1,2, 3, and 4th) of the 5th root race before they can multiply and prosper. I presume there will be 5th subrace is allied with the emerging 6th subrace of the 5th root race. Btw, Jesus said of the times of the dreadful judgement that was coming...it will be as in the days of Noah!

15. Nicholas W.

Nicholas W. Bodhicitta

Ratings:
    +223
    Religion:
    Mahayana
    Ben:
    Nonsense, no subjugation of an earlier group by a later one is part of spiritual evolution.

The rest of your notions are equally invalid and are not Theosophy in any form I know of.

16. ben d

ben d Being

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Religion:
    Yes
    Fyi, I was associated with the Brisbane lodge of the Theosophical Society for many years and was an official member of the Society, I have met personally national and Adyar international Theosophical presidents, attended conventions, etc.. ..so had access to the esoteric libarary and read practically all that was on offer.

What I wrote was from memory of the theory of races and rounds in the context of the 'catastrophes' that take place associated with transitions between rounds, races, and subraces. I can't offer you the precise book or author as it has been many years since I studied this material...but a quick google gave me these links which support the general theme of which I had gone into more detail...

Also...The Theosophical Root Races

17. Nicholas W.

Nicholas W. Bodhicitta

Ratings:
    +223
    Religion:
    Mahayana
    Ben, Your post made no mention of 'cataclysms' which are natural phenomena, but one human group subduing another one. The former has some basis in Theosophy, the latter does not.

You were familiar with the Besant/Leadbeater TS variety. I find little of value or truth in CWL's teachings.

18. ben d

ben d Being

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Religion:
    Yes
    Skull....all is of nature, you make distinctions where I don't....the transitions between the dominance of particular races are associated with cataclysms..I referred to the Noah event as an one associated with the sinking of Atlantis with the transition from 4th to 5th root race..are you telling me this is non- Theosophical?

Blavatsky, De Purucker, Judge, etc., were my favourite reading. Leadbeater was a pedaphile and Besant was probably a dyke...Jiddu Krishnamurti was sodomized by Leadbeater, etc., etc.,...and so yes, these folk are an abomination...though Jiddu managed to emerge from the darkness to get back to his vedic roots and provide some valuable teaching for novices.

19. Nicholas W.

Nicholas W. Bodhicitta

Ratings:
    +223
    Religion:
    Mahayana
    I am saying that your three paragraphs, with the 'Zionist state' being an Atlantean remnant; the 'Aryans' subduing; and a 'Noah type' culling being required, are repulsive or perhaps just silly.

Sorry, but that is the way I see it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nicholas W.

Nicholas W. Bodhicitta

Ratings:
    +223
    Religion:
    Mahayana
    For the benefit of any reader of this thread, be advised that since the time of HP Blavatsky other teachers calling themselves theosophists in the lineage of HPB have come along. Some understood her and her Gurus teachings, some did not and preferred their own brand. So pseudo-theosophy has many followers.

This article outlines some of the major differences between the Theosophy of Blavatsky and her Gurus and that of Leadbeater, Alice Bailey et al.

http://www.philaletheians.co.uk/Study%20notes/Theosophy%20and%20Theosophists/In%20Theosophy’s%20Shadow%20Vanity%20Whispers.pdf