• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theosophy

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I am saying that your three paragraphs, with the 'Zionist state' being an Atlantean remnant; the 'Aryans' subduing; and a 'Noah type' culling being required, are repulsive or perhaps just silly.

Sorry, but that is the way I see it.
There is no religion greater than truth....don't be sorry, you may be politically correct during these days of darkness and decadence whereby the dark forces get to frame what is politically correct for the human masses/battery hens, but truth is forever on the other side of conceptualizations..so tread softly and humbly and seek wisdom from within....all the best.

Nicholas

Bodhicitta
Ben,

My response has nothing to do with PC, but with your understanding of racial endings.

The three volumes of Mr Judge Echoes of the Orient are filled with much good teachings on the subject. These books are also in free pdfs at the TS Pasadena site.

For example, he writes this (with my emphasis):

The evolution of these seven great races covers many millions of years, and it must not be forgotten that when the new race is fully evolved the preceding race disappears, as the monads in it have been gradually reincarnated in the bodies of the new race.

So cataclysms are not required, neither is any 'subduing' by any other group. Just a natural, gradual dying out because the inner, divine aspect does not return to the old bodies.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Ben,

My response has nothing to do with PC, but with your understanding of racial endings.

The three volumes of Mr Judge Echoes of the Orient are filled with much good teachings on the subject. These books are also in free pdfs at the TS Pasadena site.

For example, he writes this (with my emphasis):

The evolution of these seven great races covers many millions of years, and it must not be forgotten that when the new race is fully evolved the preceding race disappears, as the monads in it have been gradually reincarnated in the bodies of the new race

So cataclysms are not required, neither is any 'subduing' by any other group. Just a natural, gradual dying out because the inner, divine aspect does not return to the old bodies.
Precisely Skull, as the quote says....the incarnate souls of today have previously incarnated in the earlier races...this is how the great obligatory pilgrimage works...once this process has sufficient vehicles of the new race, in the case of certain sub-race transitions associated with upcoming root race transitions as addressed in my previous posts, there is a judgement with associated cataclysm which removes the unwanted excess vehicles. Monads are not at the same level of evolutional development...think of them as a distribution like a bell curve...the leading souls are just that....leaders...and the trailing one may be delayed the opportunity to reincarnate in the new race until the populations allows. Note that it is true that these judgement/cataclysms are not present at each and every transition...only certain ones as I have described earlier.

As I told you, I have read most everything the early Theosophical members ever wrote...so feel free to quote from any of them and, though a bit rusty, I will do my best to provide the context wrt general theme of the great obligatory involutional/evolutionary pilgrimage.

Last edited:

Nicholas

Bodhicitta
Every time a man gives way to anger, impatience, greed, pride, vanity, or any form of personal selfishness, he denies the Christ, he shuts himself out from Love. And thus only is Christ denied, and not by refusing to adopt a formulated creed.

Christ is only known to him who by constant striving has converted himself from a sinful to a pure being, who by noble, moral effort has succeeded in relinquishing that perishable self, which is the source of all suffering and sorrow and unrest, and has become rational, gentle, peaceful, loving, and pure.

From his book of Daily Meditations, May 16th.

Nicholas

Bodhicitta
An excerpt from the new pdf of The Secret Doctrine:

The fundamental Law in that system, the central point from
which all emerged, around and toward which all gravitates, and upon
which is hung the philosophy of the rest, is the One homogeneous
divine Substance-Principle, the one radical cause.

It is called “ Substance-Principle,” for it becomes “ substance ” on the
plane of the manifested Universe, an illusion, while it remains a
“ principle ” in the beginningless and endless abstract, visible and
invisible Space. It is the omnipresent Reality : impersonal, because it
contains all and everything. Its impersonality is the fundamental conception
of the System. It is latent in every atom in the Universe, and is the
Universe itself.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Reading the excerpt below...it occurred to me that...given that this world is 'psychic through and through', everyone except the advanced student will be subject to this delusion to some extent. Being the most avid atheist, devout orthodox religious member, scientist, etc., will not provide protection from the influence of deceptive 'spirits'... and yes, on reflection of times gone by, my self included... Those of us who are truly awake to this fact of life in the material realms, can live a life of vigilance and thus mitigate against the delusive influence....and in the mean time hopefully correct more errors of ego self that tend to be blind to the pervasive influence to be overly selfish.. But for the rest....alas,,,just look at the general state of morality, from the personal to the geopolitical......sigh!

Since you have scarcely learned the elements of self-control, in psychism, you must
suffer bad consequences. You draw to yourself the nearest and strongest
influences “often evil”and absorb them, and are psychically stifled or narcotised by them.
The airs become peopled with resuscitated phantoms. They give
you false tokens, misleading revelations, deceptive images. Your vivid creative
fancy evokes illusive Gurus and Chelas [disciples], and puts into their mouths
words coined the instant before in the mint of your mind, unknown to yourself.
The false appear as real, as the true, and you have no exact method of detection
since you are yet prone to force your communications to agree with your
preconceptions

Nicholas

Bodhicitta
On May 8, 1891 the brilliant, noble soul Helena Blavatsky left her body. The 8th of May has ever since been called White Lotus Day to honor her purity of devotion to the bodhisattva Cause seeking to help mankind become more selfless.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
On May 8, 1891 the brilliant, noble soul Helena Blavatsky left her body. The 8th of May has ever since been called White Lotus Day to honor her purity of devotion to the bodhisattva Cause seeking to help mankind become more selfless.
By bodhisattva, I presume do you mean of the masters...if so which one?

Nicholas

Bodhicitta
By bodhisattva, I presume do you mean of the masters...if so which one?

No, I did not mean any specific bodhisattva for they all, whatever time or clime, work for the same selfless Cause. The theosophical movement is far larger than any theosophical group or organization.

Last edited:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
No, I did not mean any specific bodhisattva for they all, whatever time or clime, work for the same selfless Cause. The theosophical movement is far larger than any theosophical group or organization.
Understood...agreed...thanks..

Nicholas

Bodhicitta
A visitation from the real HPB:

Julia Keightley,
May 1891,
Pennsylvania
[Wachtmeister 1893, 127]

A few days after Madame Blavatsky died, HPB awoke me at night. I raised myself, feeling no surprise, but only the sweet accustomed pleasure. She held my eyes with her leonine gaze. Then she grew thinner, taller, her shape became masculine; slowly then her features changed, until a man of height and rugged powers stood before me, the last vestige of her features melting into his, until the leonine gaze, the progressed radiance of her glance alone remained. The man lifted his head and said, "Bear witness!" He then walked from the room, laying his hand on the portrait of HPB as he passed. Since then, he has come to me several times, with instructions, in broad daylight while I was busily working, and once he stepped out from a large portrait of HPB.

From Dan Caldwell's Esoteric World of Madame Blavatsky

Nicholas

Bodhicitta
Purucker on God in Theosophy:

QUESTION: I would like to ask where and what is the place of God in the Theosophical scheme of things.

ANSWER: This question has often been asked. In order properly to answer it, let us choose the Socratic method, and ask the questioner a question. How can this querent expect to obtain a clear answer to his question until the question itself has more definiteness to it, and a more perfect outline?

In the first place, what is meant by 'God'? Is it the God of the Christians which is meant, or the God of the Hebrews? Is it the God of the Brahmans? Is it the God of the native American Indian? Is it the God of the Eskimo? Is it the God of the Druid, or is it the Zeus of the Greek, or the Jupiter of the Roman, and so forth? You ask a question, and tacitly suppose that 'God' conveys an idea sufficiently clear and definite to all men, whereas history shows us that there never was a question on which men differ so greatly as upon the answers they might give as regards the nature of the Divine.

We may briefly say first, that for such national or theoretical gods as those above alluded to, be they one or be they many, and which are the offsprings of man's religious imagination, the Theosophical philosophy has absolutely no place. Theosophy deals with realities, and not with men's mere beliefs or imaginings about infinites or supposed infinites.

The very heart of the Theosophical Religion-Philosophy-Science, is the Divine, as we call it, because we must call it by some name in order to let others know what we are talking about. Concerning the thing itself, the Theosophical philosophy is likewise extremely precise, definite, and runs straight to the point. Our conception of the Divine is an absolutely limitless Life - for we must give it some name that our human brains can understand. This Universal Life is the source and origin of everything, of all beings, and of all worlds; the best qualification of it that perhaps could be given to it would be comprised in the one word 'Space.' Space comprises everything, because it is everything. There is nothing outside of it, therefore it is the ALL.

Space, as Theosophists use the word, does not mean mere extension of matter. It means everything that ever was, that is, or that ever will be, visible and invisible, small and great, on all planes, because all these are comprised in the abstract meaning which we give to the word Space. It is not mere limitless extension; nor is the Divine a stock or a stone; but all these are in the Divine, so to say, and partakers of the Universal Life, which it is. Can you think of anything which is outside of Space? Of course not.

But our God is not a personal God, obviously not. It never was not and it never will cease to be. It neither thinks, nor feels, nor acts, because all these actions are predicates of finite entities such as men. The Zeus of the ancient Greeks, or the Jehovah of the ancient Hebrews, who thundered and lightened, are in either case a conception of the Divine which, in our majestical Theosophical philosophy, seems not merely grotesque to us, but downright blasphemous.

May we not say, therefore, that the Divine, Universal Life, Space, is neither conscious nor unconscious, neither active nor inactive? A long string of such hypothetical contraries might be enumerated, all of them expressing human emotional or mental actions; but what good would it do? Assuredly these cannot be ascribed to the Divine, to That which is at once limitless and endlessly enduring. All such contraries are but descriptions of human imaginings, taking their root and rise in our own limited human consciousness.

We are conscious, and in our egoism, we imagine that the stock or the stone is unconscious. Theosophy teaches us better. All entities and things are offsprings of the Universal Life, and each, in its way and manner, and to the fullest extent of its capacity, contains all that we do as enlightened human beings - in other words, each contains all in germ.

These differences among entities arise out of the various stages of evolution which they have respectively attained. Some things are more advanced than others, and manifest thereby the more fully the inner potencies, faculties, powers, call them what you like, which are at the heart or core of every human being, and of every other entity or being or thing.

Hence, answering the question more directly, in view of the foregoing necessary explanation, it may be said with perfect truth, and said emphatically, that the Theosophical philosophy has no 'God,' as that word is commonly understood by people who do not think, and who therefore imagine that ideas which have become popularized by time, and which throw one's intuitions of the Divine into a chaos of contradictions, must contain some essence of reality, some essential truth.

Not so very long ago, men thought that the sun moved around the earth, and that the stars in the splendid, dark-blue vault of midnight were sparkling light-points placed there by a personal God in order to proclaim his own greatness to his erring and sinning children on earth. We know better now. No, such a God, or a God of any such kind, has no place in our Doctrine of Truth.

Nevertheless, no one can equal the Theosophist in the unspeakably profound reverence which fills his heart as he endeavors to raise his spirit in awe in contemplation of the Divine. It is our Source whence we came and whither we are journeying on our re-turn pilgrimage to it; we issued forth from the 'Bosom of the Divine' - if we may use easily understood terms - as unselfconscious God-sparks, and shall return to it as fully self-conscious gods, thereafter to take a god-like part in the great Cosmic Labor. We are even now co-operating instruments, or rather co-operating agencies, in the fulfilment of the great Cosmic Work, to the extent of our capacity.

Nicholas

Bodhicitta
Theosophy is also a call to higher ethics:

"The tendency of modern civilization is a reaction towards animalism, towards a development of those qualities which conduce to the success in life of man as an animal in the struggle for animal existence. Theosophy seeks to develop the human nature in man in addition to the animal, and at the sacrifice of the superfluous animality which modern life and materialistic teachings have developed to a degree which is abnormal for the human being at this stage of his progress.

Men cannot all be Occultists, but they can all be Theosophists. Many who have never heard of the Society are Theosophists without knowing it themselves; for the essence of Theosophy is the perfect harmonizing of the divine with the human in man, the adjustment of his god-like qualities and aspirations, and their sway over the terrestrial or animal passions in him. Kindness, absence of every ill feeling or selfishness, charity, goodwill to all beings, and perfect justice to others as to oneself, are its chief features. He who teaches Theosophy preaches the gospel of goodwill; and the converse of this is true also — he who preaches the gospel of goodwill, teaches Theosophy."

HPB in her first letter to the American Conventions.