• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theory of time travel

AllanV

Agreed, in essence Time is irrelevant it doesn't really exist. Time is perceived differently by everyone.

I most certainly do not believe a word of the Abrahamic scriptures, so angels and other silly things like gods and demons are not in my vocabulary.

"Perhaps" is a word of Faith and meaningless to me. Good & Evil, as I've stated, are subjective and aspects of community / culture.

"oxidizing effects of the earth to degrade the cells, bringing death" . . . what on earth does that mean?

People take anti oxidants for health because they protect the cells in the human body.
If people are de-energized then this allows the earth forces to take a hold on the biological. Humans have a higher potential than base animals and need to learn how to be refined to be acceptable to take part in immortality.

A demon is a fixture of the mind, in today's language that could be a mind set.

God is an energizing Spirit and the human is de-energized by own mental power, needing sleep and actively doing things to be balanced emotionally. An evil person will need to murder to find balance and a good person will need to part of the situation to experience the good and be balanced. Feel bad feel good.

Last edited:

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
People take anti oxidants for health because they protect the cells in the human body.
If people are de-energized then this allows the earth forces to take a hold on the biological. Humans have a higher potential than base animals and need to learn how to be refined to be acceptable to take part in immortality.

A demon is a fixture of the mind, in today's language that could be a mind set.

God is an energizing Spirit and the human is de-energized by own mental power, needing sleep and actively doing things to be balanced emotionally. An evil person will need to murder to find balance and a good person will need to part of the situation to experience the good and be balanced. Feel bad feel good.
Yet, according to your own scriptures:
-God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21)

-God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. -He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3)

-He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6)

-In (Judges 21) He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead

Just about every other page in the Old Testament has God killing somebody!
-In (2 Kings 10:18-27) God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church!

In total God kills 371,186 people directly and orders another 1,862,265 people murdered.

AllanV

Yet, according to your own scriptures:
-God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21)

-God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. -He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3)

-He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6)

-In (Judges 21) He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead

Just about every other page in the Old Testament has God killing somebody!
-In (2 Kings 10:18-27) God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church!

In total God kills 371,186 people directly and orders another 1,862,265 people murdered.

God wanted to destroy all creation, everything he made, because of how people were. He was talked out of it by a prophet. So he destroyed just a little bit instead.

The Peers encyclopedia of world events has wars and death and destruction almost continuously all through recorded history. Worse could be coming.

Perhaps out of all this a people will survive with some refinements. A different mind and inspiration will bring forward a technology that will be far better.
If I have trouble and begin to internalize to many negative thoughts i look around me and realize none of it exists at this moment. There is very little one person can do.

I like the theory of time travel and can see possibilities of a technology. The human has a problem and could be a weak link, being unable to use the ultimate technology.
I was trying to relate the human problem with dimensional time travel.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Traveling faster than the speed of light through the use of wormholes would present an interesting scenario. From one distant observer's perspective a spaceship is about to enter a wormhole when really the ship has already passed through the vortex and is on the other side before the light has arrived from previous moments. We'd be glancing at a "ghost."

Talk about a great sneak attack! *Hint, hint, reptilian overlords.*

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
God wanted to destroy all creation, everything he made, because of how people were. He was talked out of it by a prophet. So he destroyed just a little bit instead.
A creation is only as good as its Creator, this statement of yours gives considerable doubt as to why ANYONE would follow such a Beast of Death.

The Peers encyclopedia of world events has wars and death and destruction almost continuously all through recorded history. Worse could be coming.
What is the Peers encyclopedia of world events?

Perhaps out of all this a people will survive with some refinements. A different mind and inspiration will bring forward a technology that will be far better.
If I have trouble and begin to internalize to many negative thoughts i look around me and realize none of it exists at this moment. There is very little one person can do.
Hasn't this 'Myth' been dealt with already back with the Sumerian Gilgamesh? Obviously, according to myth (even the Judaic myth) people haven't refined as a whole, technology on the other hand has.
Of course everything is happening around you at this moment, to fool yourself into not 'seeing' them is to limit yourself by not confronting these negatives and doing something about them (big difference between RHP & LHP).

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
Being an acquaintance of Michio Kaku, I can safely say that it is nothing but a theory.
As one travels towards 186,000 miles a second (a light-year) one's physical mass expands in relation for each second closer to a light-year up to point that it requires more and more energy for propulsion to travel faster. Meaning the closer one gets to traveling the speed of light, the heavier one becomes and the greater the propulsion needed . . . theoretically, you never reach the speed of light.

The theory behind using the gravitational pull of a Black Hole is such that before the speed of light would be attained the object would be disintegrated.

Now, Wormholes & String Theory are another story, but a more 'fantastic' story.

Very interesting analysis. I wonder though if such high accelerations would one's own material substance (e.g. their body) would break down. Also entertaining the the possibility of time travel can my material substance occupy the same space as my 'past' material substance of the past?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Very interesting analysis. I wonder though if such high accelerations would one's own material substance (e.g. their body) would break down. Also entertaining the the possibility of time travel can my material substance occupy the same space as my 'past' material substance of the past?
HA! Great question . . . that I don't I have any input on! Let me inquire.

AllanV

A creation is only as good as its Creator, this statement of yours gives considerable doubt as to why ANYONE would follow such a Beast of Death.

What is the Peers encyclopedia of world events?

Hasn't this 'Myth' been dealt with already back with the Sumerian Gilgamesh? Obviously, according to myth (even the Judaic myth) people haven't refined as a whole, technology on the other hand has.
Of course everything is happening around you at this moment, to fool yourself into not 'seeing' them is to limit yourself by not confronting these negatives and doing something about them (big difference between RHP & LHP).

This is part of God's plan of salvation. Free will means that individuals can make their own choices. This includes setting up false religions and politics which come from individual empowerment with all the preferences, agendas and power plays we learn to understand. Everyone has the ability to take part at some level.

Any encyclopedia of world events would probably be enough to show. I must have lost the book from my library and it's name and content is a fading memory.

The end of discoveries has not been revealed yet. You have said it yourself that technology is more refined. My contention is that a biological human with the nature and mind that this reveals, is the weak link. Combined with free will, which is the ability to manifest own self life and even appearance is too fragile. Humans get sick and die.

A personal experience, a revelation, and in combination with scriptures shows that to quote scriptures " be transformed by the renewing of your mind" " Be perfect for I am perfect" and many others are required to know God. It is a case of humbling the self.

Christians talk about a rapture but it is not a word from scripture. I believe there could be something like a technology that can take people from where they stand a bit like 'Star Trek'. Also people can be regenerated from the grave. The scriptures do not relate an afterlife but rather a Here After but on an enhanced planet with no predatory influence on the biology. The bible is about resurrecting people from through out history and the potential to be immortal. There may be a technology involved.

Technology at the moment is more toward reactive force. Perhaps there is technology that doesn't use rockets, propellers, wheels and combustion to move an object. Everyone lives in gravity and knows this force. Perhaps every atom can be influenced by something like a dimensional accelerator that offsets a mass from its energy center at the point of manifestation.

This is how the earth works. Every one lives on the outside of a manifested earth that is propelled and positioned in space continuously.

There are many spiritual writings and these are primarily false. They do not take into account the whole picture and in the future they will be exposed as worthless as any culture that perpetuates a myth. A bit like Father Christmas who cannot save anybody.

I believe the Bible makes enough references to the fact it is about mental preparation to using the ultimate technology.

St Giordano Bruno

You did time travel in a major way before you were born, first there was the Big Bang then subjectively in the blink or an eye you skipped 13.7 billion years and alas! you were born 13.7 billion years into the Big Bang's future.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hey, I was wondering what people thought about time travel. I have my own thoughts that will be displayed throughout this thread but I want to know all of your opinions first.
Time travel already happens. With Relativity, when objects move at different speeds relative to each other, or exist in gravity wells, the rate of time flow is observed differently. GPS clocks on satellites have to adjust themselves because they are traveling through time (but only by a few billionths of a second) compared to us.

All one has to do to travel through time is to travel through space or utilize a gravity well. But the perception will be so small, it won't make much of a difference. Traveling a large amount in time is the same, except it involves unimaginably large amounts of energy and the technology to be able to harness, utilize, and withstand it. Plus people can only to accelerated so fast for so long.

But I'm not sure if time travel into the past is possible or not.

AllanV

Time travel already happens. With Relativity, when objects move at different speeds relative to each other, or exist in gravity wells, the rate of time flow is observed differently. GPS clocks on satellites have to adjust themselves because they are traveling through time (but only by a few billionths of a second) compared to us.

All one has to do to travel through time is to travel through space or utilize a gravity well. But the perception will be so small, it won't make much of a difference. Traveling a large amount in time is the same, except it involves unimaginably large amounts of energy and the technology to be able to harness, utilize, and withstand it. Plus people can only to accelerated so fast for so long.

But I'm not sure if time travel into the past is possible or not.

When the geometry of the movement of the earth is worked out it shows a rolling rather than spin as it moves around the sun. There is a spiral or vortex revealed. The earth is rolling on an invisible larger circumference than its surface. The earth is like the hub in a large bicycle wheel. If a wheel is rolled along the ground then the hub advances more than it spins.

Relative motion would say that while maintaining the same speed an object would take longer to rotate on a larger diameter. The earth geometry shows a mismatch.

Turbulence on an wing gives lift. The earth geometry suggests a turbulence directing objects toward the center.
A layering of eddies intensifying toward the center.

If this effect was copied using electronic or other devices what would happen?

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"

I have to disagree at least with the psychological aspect the article presents about "something preventing you from killing your father in the past." There would be a prevention, a kind of force or epiphany"

I can understand some kind of force perhaps when in close proximity to matter that resembles yours (e.g. your parents) then I could understand what may prevent you but to change your mind? I don't know. Some kids loathe their parents so much they wouldn't hesitate to kill them.

A

angellous_evangellous

I think that it's possible that we can develop technology to travel forward and backward in time, relative to how time passes on earth.

It's only a matter of time.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I have to disagree at least with the psychological aspect the article presents about "something preventing you from killing your father in the past." There would be a prevention, a kind of force or epiphany"

I can understand some kind of force perhaps when in close proximity to matter that resembles yours (e.g. your parents) then I could understand what may prevent you but to change your mind? I don't know. Some kids loathe their parents so much they wouldn't hesitate to kill them.

Perhaps it would be possible to kill him at a time after you were concieved but impossible before