• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theists: Are there good reasons not to believe?

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Let me know your thoughts.

I enjoyed those music videos, especially Come Swim With Me. And thanks for the kind words.

I've enjoyed the discussion as well. Thanks. I still don't find the value in myth that you and others do, and I still believe that creation myths, for example, were mostly told and understood as historical fact. You invested a fair amount of thought and energy to suggest otherwise, which I appreciate

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I still don't find the value in myth that you and others do, and I still believe that creation myths, for example, were mostly told and understood as historical fact.
To be clear, what I was attempting to explain was not to promote or see value in mythologies. My intent in this discussion was from an academic perspective about how to approach reading a mythological text without making the mistake of reading a modern perspective into the mindset of its authors. That's all. Whether or not someone can find value in mythologies is entirely subjective. What I was talking about was an objective matter.

Until our next interesting discussion then. Thanks again.