• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theistic Satanism same as Luciferianism

warlock

Hail Satanas
Theistic Satanism and Luciferianism are simular but they are also different. Both belong to the LHP religion. Theistic Satanism is about the worship of the aspect of Satan. Luciferians worship in the aspect of the angel Lucifer. Both can be very ritialistic and both implore magick. Both condem animal and human sacrifices. Hope this helps.

Iosonos

Both can be very ritialistic and both implore magick. Both condem animal and human sacrifices.

Not always true, btw. The Order of the Nine Angles condones human sacrifice. Whether any of their members do actual sacrifices or not is speculative. While in many ways, the name is more defining than the beliefs of the actual religions, Luciferianism does usually follow a more alternate take on who the angel Lucifer really is.

I'll have to look through my old links for the full story, but one of the Luciferian sects had claimed that Lucifer was in fact the creator of the mortal world, in defiance of God, and was then punished for his creations. Whether or not this is basis of most of the Luciferian sects, I can't tell you.

Theistic Satanism normally follows the definition of the Bible's take on Satan. Either that of the defier/antagonizer, or that of the freer/teacher. Usually he teaches hidden knowledge, wisdom, and independence. Some, like the Order of the Nine Angles, worship the darker aspects of Satan as well.

Most theistic Satanists and Luciferians cults are ceremonial, although, due to the saturation of Christian mythology in most of the modern world, "Satanists" and "Luciferians" can vary widely from more empathic systems to very strict (and sometimes original) ritual.

Last edited:
I believe that Lucifer has nothing to do with Satan so personally, I believe there's a huge difference but that's just my belief.

Bawb

Satan
I think Thiestic satanism is mroe on the bibles take on satan, and how they no what evil satan is, yet still worship, and lucifer-wutever is a lie satanist made in order to make mroe people condemmed to hell, and that luciferians or whatever it is is when people think lucifer made the world or somethign like that.

GiantHouseKey

I think Thiestic satanism is mroe on the bibles take on satan, and how they no what evil satan is, yet still worship, and lucifer-wutever is a lie satanist made in order to make mroe people condemmed to hell, and that luciferians or whatever it is is when people think lucifer made the world or somethign like that.

Seems like you have no idea what you're talking about.

GhK.

Feralbeest

Here are a couple of sites that should clarify things a bit:

theisticsatanism.com

luciferian.org/index.php?col=scales

I suggest exploring these sites as fully as possible, and then coming back here for a better-informed discussion.

Erebus

Ok, I don't know a great deal about Luciferian beliefs, but from what I've read I can provide the following similarities and differences.

Theistic Satanist: worships an anthropomorphic deity named Satan.
Luciferian: No set idea about what Lucifer is, may or may not believe in him as an anthropomorphic deity.

Theist Satanist: Typically follows the mantras of "might is right" and "indulgence over abstinence"(similar to Laveyan satanists)
Luciferian: Primarily concerned with acquisition of knowledge (both scientific and magical).

Theistic Satanist: Typically considers Yahweh to be an evil deity or non-existent.
Luciferian: Idea of what "God" is varies between each Luciferian.

Theistic Satanist: Typically invokes demons during spell work. Will not invoke angels.
Luciferian: May or may not invoke demons. May also invoke angels.

Theistic Satanist: Typically views Satan to be the redeemer of humanity.
Luciferian: Typically views Lucifer (or enlightenment if they are not a theistic Luciferian) to be the redeemer of humanity.

This is a very general overview, if anybody feels I have mis-represented their religion or have got some of my facts wrong, please let me know :)

Feralbeest

Here is a pretty good general overview of Satanism:

DEFINING SATANISM
=================
by Jashan A'al

_Religion or Philosophy?_

Philosophy -- "a logical and critical study of the source and nature of human knowledge" -- is closer both in meaning and in spirit to contemporary Satanic thought. The emphasis in all forms of Satanism on inquiry and reasoning rather than blind faith is stated repeatedly in Satanic writings.

[AUTHOR'S NOTE: A few of the many examples include: "Satanism demands study - not
worship!" - [LaVey,] "The Satanic Rituals"; "He who is slow to believe in anything
and everything is of greatest understanding, for belief in one false principle
is the beginning of all unwisdom." - [LaVey,] "The Satanic Bible"; "A Satanist
should not allow himself to be programmed by others. He should fight tooth and
nail against it, for that is the greatest enemy to his freedom of spirit."
[LaVey,] "The Devil's Notebook".]

...The terms "satanic" and "diabolical" in common parlance carry connotations not only of wickedness but of cunning -- the frightening aspect of the Christian devil, for those who believe in it, is not only its malevolence but its supernaturally keen intellect.

[AUTHOR'S NOTE: [Barton,] "The Church of Satan", p. 60.]

The amount of emphasis on and indeed praise of knowledge and wisdom in Satanism could easily be described as "love," and we find that Satanism as a belief system and way of life is much closer to philosophia than to religio in its essence.

_Semantic vs. Theological Origins_

LaVeyan Satanists, which are perhaps the largest denomination, do not ascribe to the belief that Satan is a supernatural personage, whether god, demon, or something else. The viewpoint of LaVeyan Satanists ranges widely, but may generally be described as any one, or a mixture, of the following:

* Satan is a representation of the natural forces of the Universe * Satan is a representation of the "dark" aspects of human behavior * Satan is a literary "anti-hero" which represents admirable qualities of independence, wisdom, and achievement.
[The activity of "Satanists seek[ing] to redefine Satan as a "good guy" and claim it represents good qualities"] is not a modern movement and has been well-established long before the advent of contemporary Satanism, ranging from the serpent-admiring Gnostics of early Christianity, to Milton's Paradise Lost, to Beaudelaire's[sic] Litanies of Satan. Satan today adamantly exists as an energetic symbol of joie de vivre for many people - a vivid contrast to the dour self-denial of the monotheistic religions.

_Defining Satanism_

While it is true that the majority of Satanic denominations have more differences than commonalities, it is also true that certain core threads of belief are common to them all.

It is also true that defining Satanism is inherently problematic in that Satanism is a religion which exalts individuality and not only tolerates but encourages variation in personal beliefs. ...

In recognition of this, the following points are proposed as the essential components of Satanic belief. These are intended to be as broad as possible, to encompass the vast variety in Satanic philosophy, yet still concrete enough to allow a definite line to be drawn between Satanic and non-Satanic philosophies.

1. Man as Animal.

... A common extension of this belief is the selectivity of emotional response. LaVey phrased this as "kindness to those deserving, instead of love wasted on ingrates." Animals are naturally selective in who they bond with and share resources with, whether emotionally or materially. Satanists often share this quality and are conservative and loyal regarding the people to whom they extend their friendship.

2. Supremecy of the Here-Now

...Satanism places its emphasis on the so-called "vital existence" -- the known world and the present life. As spiritual realms and past/future lives remain items of speculation and questionable existence, Satanism chooses to deal with these items when/if they manifest. We regard the enjoyment of our current existence and happiness within our current world as of the primary importance; whatever afterlife a Satanist chooses to believe in, should be of secondary consideration. The Satanist -- like all animals -- lives for life.

3. Autonomy of the Individual

Animals see themselves rightly placed at the center of their own world, as does the Satanist. The most important individual in a Satanist's life is the Satanist themself. They are their own highest judge, their own ultimate lord, and the source of their own personal happiness....

4. Self-Betterment

... A Satanist recognizes that one can always seek to improve oneself, either physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, or materially -- and not only that one can, but that one should. Stagnation leads to death in the natural world.

5. Exaltment of Knowledge

... In pursuit of wisdom and personal happiness, Satanism stresses the importance of gaining and applying knowledge of all kinds. This supercedes and is considered superior to elements of hearsay, rumor, gossip, mythology, legend, dictates of authority, and blind faith.

6. Responsibility

... With the knowledge a Satanist attains, he or she must weigh each action and judge whether or not the results it garners are worth the responsibility entailed. A Satanist rejects claims such as "the Devil made me do it!" as a blatant attempt to escape personal accountability. ...

7. Belief in Magic(k)

Satanism acknowledges the existence of magic, whether individually conceived to be a supernatural force, a psychological phenomenon, or an extension of the known laws of nature.

8. Belief in Satan

The final thing which defines Satanism is, of course, belief in Satan itself. Note the word "itself." Satan takes on many forms and concepts depending on the personal views of the Satanist asked. The sole boundaries of what Satan is within the definition of Satanism, is that a Satanist holds Satan as a positive, central figure/concept in his or her philosophical mythos, and that their conceptualization of Satan is non-Judeo-Christo-Islamic.

_Sources_

[A'al,] Jashan[.] Theistic Satanism Page, learn punjabi news films language at jashan.net
Barton, Blanche. The Church of Satan. Hell's Kitchen Productions, New York, 1990
First Church of Satan, Satanism for Dummies
Forsyth, Niel. The Old Enemy: Satan and the Combat Myth. Princeton University Press, 1987.
Hexham, Irving. Concise Dictionary of Religion. Regent College Press, Vancouver, 1999.
Gallop, David, trans. Plato's Defense of Socrate, Euthyphro, and Crito. Oxford University Press, New York, 1999.
LaVey, Anton Szandor. The Devil's Notebook. Feral House Press, California, 1992.
---- The Satanic Bible. Avon Books, New York. 1969
---- The Satanic Rituals. Avon Books, New York. 1969
---- Satan Speaks! Feral House Press, California, 1998.
MessadiŽ, Gerald. A History of the Devil. Kodansha America, New York, 1996.
Pagels, Elaine. The Origin of Satan. Vintage Books, New York, 1996.
Oxford Dictionary and Thesaurus, American Edition, New York, 1996.
Satan's Playground, Slickaz's Neat Stuff Page from telsel.com
Strivelli, Ginger. Personal correspondence posted on the Sword and Shield message board at This page has moved...
Webster's II New Riverside Dictionary, New York 1996.

--------------------------------------------------------
learn punjabi news films language at jashan.net
Copyright © 1995-present Jashan A'an

Orias

Left Hand Path
I believe that Lucifer has nothing to do with Satan so personally, I believe there's a huge difference but that's just my belief.

Hey look, someone with some common sense! Hence the difference in names, Lucifer and Satan. Frubals for you! :D

I think you have no idea what you are talking about.

Lucifer was the Roman God of Light.

Theistic Satanism does not condemn themselves, thats Luciferianism crap.
Not always true, btw. The Order of the Nine Angles condones human sacrifice. Whether any of their members do actual sacrifices or not is speculative. While in many ways, the name is more defining than the beliefs of the actual religions, Luciferianism does usually follow a more alternate take on who the angel Lucifer really is.

I'll have to look through my old links for the full story, but one of the Luciferian sects had claimed that Lucifer was in fact the creator of the mortal world, in defiance of God, and was then punished for his creations. Whether or not this is basis of most of the Luciferian sects, I can't tell you.

Theistic Satanism normally follows the definition of the Bible's take on Satan. Either that of the defier/antagonizer, or that of the freer/teacher. Usually he teaches hidden knowledge, wisdom, and independence. Some, like the Order of the Nine Angles, worship the darker aspects of Satan as well.

Most theistic Satanists and Luciferians cults are ceremonial, although, due to the saturation of Christian mythology in most of the modern world, "Satanists" and "Luciferians" can vary widely from more empathic systems to very strict (and sometimes original) ritual.

I could agree with what you say (in particular the bolded sentences). However, as for human sacrifice, that is a variable, as people practice Satanism in many different ways. Most of the human, baby, and other animal is Christian propaganda, (in my opinion), but then again, Anton LaVey did offer a human leg at a gathering once (but then again thats not sacrifice).

Like I said, its all variable, there is no proper way to practice Satanism (in my view), because I view all things as being Satanic.

Good information.

Theistic Satanism and Luciferianism are simular but they are also different. Both belong to the LHP religion. Theistic Satanism is about the worship of the aspect of Satan. Luciferians worship in the aspect of the angel Lucifer. Both can be very ritialistic and both implore magick. Both condem animal and human sacrifices. Hope this helps.

Hmm...perhaps you could explain the differences between Satan (theistic) and Lucifer (theistic).

In Christian text they were both angels.

However, they are very different, as from what I have observed, most Luciferians take everything literally (like Christians).

Though Lucifer is one of the Four Princes of Hell, consisting of Satan, Lucifer, Belial, and Leviathan.

But I could see how they are all very similar, as LHP in general is pretty consistant, unlike the RHP, which is inconsistant, yet fashionably organized and easily comprehended. I like to take the RHP and LHP and put them into one Path. Because thats really all it is...one big explanation of nothing!

Whats the difference of Theistic Satanism and Luciferianism???

Perhaps there is none.

It is what you are.

Maybe its how your take on things, how you perceive, literal or metaphorical. I view it as both.

But originally I come from a Satanic background, so I couldn't explain as well as others who view these two separately. I see all things the same, for what they are, and where they came from.

Theistic satanism and luciferianism are both so ill defined as to mean the same thing, or completely different things, depending on who you ask.

Basically, they are both terms to describe make-it-up-as-you-go-along beliefs and no two luciferians or theistic satanists can agree on much.

Etymological ether.

Diane Vera

Theistic Satanist: worships an anthropomorphic deity named Satan.

A deity, yes, but not necessarily anthropomorphic.

Luciferianism, like Satanism, can be either theistic or atheistic/symbolic.

Among both Satanists and Luciferians, some accept LaVey's view of society, and others do not.

Erebus

A deity, yes, but not necessarily anthropomorphic.

Luciferianism, like Satanism, can be either theistic or atheistic/symbolic.

Among both Satanists and Luciferians, some accept LaVey's view of society, and others do not.

Hi, since that post I've read up more on both theistic Satanism and Luciferianism. I have to say I found your site very informative :)

While I don't consider myself a Satanist per se, I do find the paradigm presented by the Church of Azazel quite appealing.

Twig pentagram

High Priest
Theistic Satanist worship Satan which in my opinion excludes them from the LHP. Luciferians may or may not worship Lucifer. Those that do worship lucifer are in my opinion RHP. I think lucifer and satan are just titles, and I prefer the title lucifer because it is associated with light. The title satan is more about opposition. So I guess you could say I AM a morning star not a satanist, but we all are in opposition to something sometime.

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Yes, if you are a theistic Satanist as defined by Christians (aka reverse Christian) you are RHP, but don't worry you'll be right back to your normal born again self soon.

We've never defined ourselves by their definition nor believe anything else they say. The worship of a divinity of some sort doesn't exactly preclude you from being LHP. It seems you have this confused my friend you can be very LHP and believe in a host of different deities. There are many theistic Satanists, and lots of Setians who do believe in some sort of extra-human factor and are still very very VERY much LHP.

I find myself reluctant to use the word worship as it has many negative connotations (subservience) due to the mainstream religions way of practicing their path. I do not see my relationship with Satan as a master-slave equation, and I do not do Satan's will I do my own. Never confuse admiration and inspiration with subjugation. I am pretty sure if the Hebrew god wants obedient mindless drones that Satan would want individualistic types who possessed at least a modicum of critical thought.