• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the YHWH, God, Allah revelations: a simple question

cambridge79

Basically YHWH, God and Allah are the same entity who just revealed himself multiple times ( in different times ) trough his prophets.

my simple question is: why? why 3 times, with 3 different names, giving birth to 3 different books in the very same region of the planet?
Wasn't he able ( in his perfection ) to say everything he had to say the first time?
Wasn't it more useful to reach other places instead of 3 times more or less in the same area?
it looks incredibly unefficient, incredibly unfair and incredibly lacking the insight of the very same people he himself created and therefore should know.

if i were god and my goal was to give my word to people on earth and make them aware that i'm there, and i had the chance to show myself only three times, why not one in middle east, one in the americas and one in australia? Why deny the americans the chance to know me until 1492, and the australian the chance to know me until the 19th century?
I mean, suppose Colombo reaches america in 1492 and he find them praying the same god and reading the same book. Now that would be impressive ( it also would lead to a less bloody confrontation between the two civilizations ) .
That eventuality would lead even a person like me to think "well, that book must be really given by god if two cultures that never met each others both follow it". but obviously it didn't happen that way.

therefore put in front of the two possible explanations:

RATIONAL EXPLANATION: concept of monotheistic god emerged in the cultures in middle east. it evolved trough time since YHWH was concieved by the kingdom of juda , than inside the yhwh cult that derived, trough the centuries currents emerged and one of those gave birth to the concepts at the core of christianity, probably in open contrast with the former just like for example calvinist were born in contrast to catholics.
The same very concept were adopted 500 year later by the saudi elites that heard about them, adapted them to arabic culture that was still pagan and was lacking unity and under a religious reform imposed by them on their people, consolidating their power in the process and giving birth to the caliphates that than had the power to become a major player in mediterranean history ( what better than being entitled by god himself ? ) .

RELIGIOUS EXPLANATION: God revealed himself 3 times to 3 cultures that were already in contact with one another and that could have easily spread his name around, creating quite some confusion and the risk that those cultures could end up fighting one another about who loves him the most ( as it actually happened multiple times ). People from the americas or australia or tropical islands meanwhile had no chance to know him cause he never revealed to them apparently not caring much about their souls, till men of faith reached them ( with the risk for example that buddisth or taoist reached them first )

between the two, why on earth should i pick the second above the first?

Last edited:

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure that the 3 faiths themselves would see it as thus;

Judaism: First time is all that counts, later two are heretics at best.
Christianity: First time counts, but second is most important. The ones before us are just disappointed and the ones after are heretics!
Islam: All three count, but the third one is the most relevant because it is most recent. The ones before us are just jealous we got the best bit of the inheritance(oil).

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
RATIONAL EXPLANATION: concept of monotheistic god emerged in the cultures in middle east. it evolved trough time since YHWH was concieved by the kingdom of juda , ...
A suggestion: first learn about the subject, then (and only then) presume to instruct others. Otherwise you only succeed in embarrassing yourself.

Papoon

Basically YHWH, God and Allah are the same entity who just revealed himself multiple times ( in different times ) trough his prophets.

my simple question is: why? why 3 times, with 3 different names, giving birth to 3 different books in the very same region of the planet?
Wasn't he able ( in his perfection ) to say everything he had to say the first time?
Wasn't it more useful to reach other places instead of 3 times more or less in the same area?
it looks incredibly unefficient, incredibly unfair and incredibly lacking the insight of the very same people he himself created and therefore should know.

if i were god and my goal was to give my word to people on earth and make them aware that i'm there, and i had the chance to show myself only three times, why not one in middle east, one in the americas and one in australia? Why deny the americans the chance to know me until 1492, and the australian the chance to know me until the 19th century?
I mean, suppose Colombo reaches america in 1492 and he find them praying the same god and reading the same book. Now that would be impressive ( it also would lead to a less bloody confrontation between the two civilizations ) .
That eventuality would lead even a person like me to think "well, that book must be really given by god if two cultures that never met each others both follow it". but obviously it didn't happen that way.

therefore put in front of the two possible explanations:

RATIONAL EXPLANATION: concept of monotheistic god emerged in the cultures in middle east. it evolved trough time since YHWH was concieved by the kingdom of juda , than inside the yhwh cult that derived, trough the centuries currents emerged and one of those gave birth to the concepts at the core of christianity, probably in open contrast with the former just like for example calvinist were born in contrast to catholics.
The same very concept were adopted 500 year later by the saudi elites that heard about them, adapted them to arabic culture that was still pagan and was lacking unity and under a religious reform imposed by them on their people, consolidating their power in the process and giving birth to the caliphates that than had the power to become a major player in mediterranean history ( what better than being entitled by god himself ? ) .

RELIGIOUS EXPLANATION: God revealed himself 3 times to 3 cultures that were already in contact with one another and that could have easily spread his name around, creating quite some confusion and the risk that those cultures could end up fighting one another about who loves him the most ( as it actually happened multiple times ). People from the americas or australia or tropical islands meanwhile had no chance to know him cause he never revealed to them apparently not caring much about their souls, till men of faith reached them ( with the risk for example that buddisth or taoist reached them first )

No offence intended, but this is just silly circular logic.
Didn't reveal Itself in Australia ? Why do you say that ? Because Australians aborigines don't use terms which you have already decided are the Divine Imprimatur ? And do you know anything about their cosmology or practice ?
Rhetorical question
Obvious answer - no.
And likewise for every other culture, and for that matter every individual.
Not to mention the presupposition that God reveals itself through 'prophets'.
In other words, you are demanding that 'the evidence' conforms to your immature preconceptions.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Given those two choices, I would choose 'none of the above'. I have no issue with the idea that religion needs to be presented to the culture of the times and place and that other cultures had their own beliefs.

cambridge79

No offence intended, but this is just silly circular logic.
Didn't reveal Itself in Australia ? Why do you say that ? Because Australians aborigines don't use terms which you have already decided are the Divine Imprimatur ?

because god revelation is inconsisten troughout the world.
Either every revelation is true, therefore all religions are right in their own way therefore they are ultimately useless because it really doesn't matter anymore what religion you're in
or some revelation have true god imprimatum and others are only pagan myth, in that case you have to wonder again why god felt the need to be so active in middle east and didn't care about the rest of the people all around the world.

please also notice that this inconsistency lead to conflicts, and god should know that best considering he created us. an inconsisten revelation is the best way to put people one against the other instead of have them get along togheter

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
You are mistaken in your assessment/conclusion in this matter.

As a Muslim, our faith teaches that God created us from a single male and female, namely Adam and Eve. From them he made us into tribes and nations. At the time of Adam and Eve, because there weren't other humans around it was permissible for a brother to marry his sister (a bit more complicated but I'm just cutting to the chase). And then human numbers started growing, so different laws were required as it wasn't necessary for a brother and sister to marry. From the time of Adam all the way to Jesus, Allah sent prophets to each nation or tribe dictating laws to them. There are two terms in Arabic to describe these messengers of Allah, Rasul and Nabi. A Rasul was also a Nabi but not the other way around. A Rasul would receive laws pertaining to their time and changing conditions. A Nabi was someone who called his people to the message of a Rasul and didn't receive laws, they received revelation but not laws.

These three books come from the same source, they were aimed at different people who lived at different times and in different conditions. Every time a new revelation came, it abrogated the previous one. But unlike the revelation of Muhammed which is meant for all people regardless of race, all previous revelations where for a specific people. Islam didn't start with Muhammed, it ended with him.

cambridge79

You are mistaken in your assessment/conclusion in this matter.

As a Muslim, our faith teaches that God created us from a single male and female, namely Adam and Eve. From them he made us into tribes and nations. At the time of Adam and Eve, because there weren't other humans around it was permissible for a brother to marry his sister (a bit more complicated but I'm just cutting to the chase). And then human numbers started growing, so different laws were required as it wasn't necessary for a brother and sister to marry. From the time of Adam all the way to Jesus, Allah sent prophets to each nation or tribe dictating laws to them. There are two terms in Arabic to describe these messengers of Allah, Rasul and Nabi. A Rasul was also a Nabi but not the other way around. A Rasul would receive laws pertaining to their time and changing conditions. A Nabi was someone who called his people to the message of a Rasul and didn't receive laws, they received revelation but not laws.

These three books come from the same source, they were aimed at different people who lived at different times and in different conditions. Every time a new revelation came, it abrogated the previous one. But unlike the revelation of Muhammed which is meant for all people regardless of race, all previous revelations where for a specific people. Islam didn't start with Muhammed, it ended with him.

So Muslims have the Adam and Eve myth like christians and jews do and what a coincidence, they where their neighbours in the middle east.
Can you please provide me evidences of your Rasul and Nabi you're talking about, teaching the same myth to australian aborigenal, to japanese people, to peruvians or american indians?

because that is exactly what i'm talkin about.

also, and this is once again curious, Muhammed's one is the final revelation according to you and is intended to whole humanity according to you. How curious is that than that god, or i would better say Allah, allowed christians to reach all those isolated places like america or australia or Japan first and spread there the word of Jesus to them, and not muslims. If god plan was the one you're portraing he would be a pretty inefficient communicator.

Last edited:

Rapha

why? why 3 times, with 3 different names, giving birth to 3 different books in the very same region of the planet?
3 = unclean trinity.

The Yahweh thing is totally different to the God Presence that exists beyond this Universe.

outhouse

Atheistically

3 different cultures, evolved the concept to meet their personal needs.

So you have 3 very different definitions.

All plagiarized previous traditions.