• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The world is one wild ride (sometimes)

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
The world is one wild ride. The following is God's truth. I swear to God.

About 3 weeks ago, I bought thousands of shares in a stock (I am not going to tell you which because for one, I don't want you to even get involved and, two, I don't know what the SEC and government is going to do), the price per share was only .008 ...

Yes, .008 that is less than a penny...

When I bought it, it was moving up down up down, one moment .008 then .01, then .007, stuff like that.

I was interested because I hit on it indirectly via another avenue and found out it was "some Russians" running an outfit in some small "office" in NYC doing "foreign currency exchange" advise (advisors) who are taking hard currency and exchanging it to another currency, and they openly state in their SEC docs that their customers are "non-resident foreigners only"...

I figured it was some dirty Russian outfit, probably to get dollars as hard currency in the hands of Putin types. So I figured the stock could go to 1 cent a share and I would make some fast money and sell. I could profit by 300 %.

But I was also thinking they might be arrested at any moment, even then if I lost all the money I invested it was so small it was worth the gamble.

As it fluctuated I made three buy ins and had 16,000 shares total. I told one of my friends at work, but said this is a total crap shoot and he probably shouldn't buy but if he wanted to gamble a couple hundred dollars something may fly since this looks like a dirty Russian operation about to be busted but something is up because I found out some other "Russian" gave these guys $166 thousand dollars in a buy.

My friend took my advice and didn't buy. And since I had only a couple of hundred dollars in it, even if I lost it all no skin off me, just a crap shoot on the dice for box cars (double six on the hopping hard 12).

I forgot about it. But just before I forgot about it, I did notice that at one point it had hit $37 dollars a share over a 52 week spread... but then dropped. So I shouldn't totally forget because, hey, who knows? RUSSIANS

So today I was on RF having fun in some hillarious jib with some rather sorry soul, and was still forgetting this.

But I had to drop my daughter somewhere, the market was closed, for some reason I looked.

I didn't understand, as my eyes skimmed down the list of stocks in a schwab account (my funny account for fun, not my main account) I see that stock and ...
the friggin thing says $16,000 dollars, each share at a spring $1 dollar a share, But the heartattack was (as my daughter is telling-yelling me "I have to go NOW") I see yesterday it was worth $4.50 dollars a share or $72,000 dollars!

I do not know what the hell I was doing yesterday, but yesterday is gone, but right now I was looking at $16,000 dollars for my less than $200 something investment ... I think I only put in $69 dollars ... I start yelling for my wife to come and look becatse I cannot believe my eyes.

She sees the same but I had to go. I get back and think, "should I sell?"...

But first I thought I would try and figure out what the heck happened. I was also scared to sell without info unless the government accuse me of insider trading, hooking up with Russians or something crazy like that none of which I did.

To make a long story short, I find out the "new owner" was now a Jewish gent from the Ukraine. To cut the chase, then I figure out this operation wasn't Russian but had HQ in the Ukraine and there were Russians involved but it is all looking like a deal to get hard currency to someone or some side in the middle of the Russian-Ukraine war. Prubably trying to get dollars to the gov of Ukraine to fight Russian militants. On TV I am seeing at the time that Putin just shot some political opposition party guy dead in front of the Kremlin.

I figure I should sell now, like my daughter said before I dropped her off "It may drop to nothing".

Then I go to the "sell" button next to the stock, after finding out it was not only $4.50 yesterday a share, but at one point that my holdings were briefly worth $90,000 dollars plus, as my mouse pointer gets to that spot were there is the "sell" button ... the sell button isn't there.

All the other stocks have the sell button next to them.

But not this one.

Either the SEC or the government put a hold on it. Everything vorbitten.

I figure, they ain't going to let nothing go down. Something.

Then I see there is a 22 day hold that went into effect yesterday.

Nothing I can do. But watch it, prubably, drop while the gov or someone cracks down.

The world is one wild ride. What is really bugging me is, for about one 5 minute window, the price per share hit $37,000 dollars a share.

That would have been nice. My 16,000 shares would have been worth 592 million dollars.

War and Peace.
Peace and War.
Life and Death.
Death and Life.
When water is worth $1.00 a bottle.
When water is worth $100.00 a bottle.
When six bullets are worth $50 dollars. And old cheese is like gold. But gold itself isn't worth cheese because you can't eat it.

When a pint of petrol is worth $1000 dollars for the Stuka, and a pint of Cognac is priceless.