• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The words of Jesus or impossible BS?

Awoon

Verily, verily , I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also: and greater works then these shall he do; because I go to the Father.

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Verily, verily , I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also: and greater works then these shall he do; because I go to the Father.

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Well I say BS as Jesus had no contemporaries and never published. In fact there is no reason to believe he existed in the first place so I chalk up what was claimed as a perception of privilege being offered to the slaves/poor of that region.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
That doesn't matter. The words of Jesus are "in there" like Prego.
Nope, they're not his words....
  • The passage is where he is saying, 'he is the father' to Philip; though in Matthew, he says 'call no man your father', other than God in heaven.
  • Verily, verily
  • This isn't Yeshua's phrase, it is only found within John (25 times); he doesn't speak that way saying 'amen' twice within the synoptic gospels or elsewhere.
  • He told Simon when he praised him for killing the fig tree, that he should 'have the faith in God', not him....Thus he didn't go around telling people to believe in him, which is repeated 11 times within John.
  • We're told by faith we can move mountains; nothing to do with jesus or some sacrificial offering allowing us to.
  • Miracles and works are two different words, wrongly applied in the case of that verse.
  • In the synoptic gospels Yeshua warns about 'people who will say, they did this and that in his name, he will tell them depart from me, you workers of inequity'; as he didn't tell people to do that, only John does.
  • It is unfair to make people believe they can do miracles like Yeshua, when they're only human.
  • Yeshua tells us to do good works, that we glorify the father in heaven; not the other way around.
  • :innocent:

wizanda

Premium Member
You have no historical proof they are not Jesus' words.
Just proved it with the text alone, that is evidence....Why do you need to have someone in history understanding this too? :confused:
So argue with the 2 billion BELIEVERS who say they are.

Stick to the thread OP.
Who is arguing? You asked is that 'impossible BS or the words of Yeshua'?.... So i showed you categorically why it is not his words; plus there maybe more points, if we think about it, we can show. ;)

wizanda

Premium Member
All you had to say was BS, not a long paragraph. My posts are simple and to the point, why do people make them out to be Rocket Science?
lol, all I said was, 'John is made up'.... You're the one who asked for the complex answer. :rolleyes:

Plus none of this is simple; the Bible is a clever deception. :innocent:

Awoon

lol, all I said was, 'John is made up'.... You're the one who asked for the complex answer. :rolleyes:

Plus none of this is simple; the Bible is a clever deception. :innocent:

Anymore conversation outside the OP will result in me gettting a violation...SOOO I will put you on ignore.

THank you.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Well, unfortunately we don't have the historical Jesus here to explain Himself, so I will withhold judgment on what He actually said and meant. My guess though is that He made sense.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

I think He was referring to His parables.