• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Word of God

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK! Alone I am. It is OK. Jesus had to feel alone too and I have been warned that the same as Jesus suffered I must suffer.

So I looked it up. I googled; How can Jesus and the Bible both be the Word of God?

I have not finished the article yet but I want to comment on the scriptures YOU use to prove the Bible is "God's word".

John 17:17 Why can't this be Jesus, please? John 14:6
1 Timothy 4:5 Why can't this be Jesus, please? Hebrews 9:28
Colossians 1:25 Why can't this be Jesus, please? John 15:27
Hebrews 4:12 Why can't this be Jesus, please? Revelation 19:15

http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Bible-Word-God.html

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am reading. You are not. I think I need a shout out.

Hebrews 6:5 Why can't this mean Jesus, please? John 6:53 and Matthew 28:18

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Matthew 4:4 Why can't this mean Jesus, please? Revelation 14:13 1 Thessalonians 4:16 Revelation 22:17 Daniel 9:22 Daniel 10:21 Zechariah 1:13 Zechariah 5:5 Acts of the Apostles 16:6

lostwanderingsoul

when it says Jesus is the "word" it uses the word "logos" which can mean spokesman speaker. the Biblw says no one has heard the voice of God but they have heard the voice of Jesus because He is the spokesman. the Bible contains the words God inspired in written form. Jesus and the Bible are not the same. it is two different ways to use the word "word".

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
when it says Jesus is the "word" it uses the word "logos" which can mean spokesman speaker. the Biblw says no one has heard the voice of God but they have heard the voice of Jesus because He is the spokesman. the Bible contains the words God inspired in written form. Jesus and the Bible are not the same. it is two different ways to use the word "word".
Please listen to yourself. Jesus taught us to pray, let God's will be done so it isn't us using the word. It is the Word using us. Can the BIBLE do that? Can the Bible use you?

lostwanderingsoul

if John Doe writes a book it would be fine to say that book is the word of John Doe. if John Doe has a spokesman or "logos" it would be correct to say that person is John Doe's "logos' or "word" or "spokesman" the book is the word and the person working for John Doe is the "logos". two different uses of the word. Jesus is the "logos" and He taught us to pray so what is weong with saying the "logos" "word" taught us to pray?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
if John Doe writes a book it would be fine to say that book is the word of John Doe. if John Doe has a spokesman or "logos" it would be correct to say that person is John Doe's "logos' or "word" or "spokesman" the book is the word and the person working for John Doe is the "logos". two different uses of the word. Jesus is the "logos" and He taught us to pray so what is weong with saying the "logos" "word" taught us to pray?
Logos doesn't mean spokesperson. When in doubt, look it up! Look up the meaning of logos.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ethos is an appeal to ethics, and it is a means of convincing someone of the character or credibility of the persuader. Pathos is an appeal to emotion, and is a way of convincing an audience of an argument by creating an emotional response. Logosis an appeal to logic, and is a way of persuading an audience by reason.

Theology. the divine word or reason incarnate in Jesus Christ. John1:1–14.

Philosophy. the rational principle that governs and develops the universe.

Logos (Logical) means persuading by the use of reasoning.

1. Logos is defined as the source that controls the universe, the written word or inspiration of God, or a logic and rational argument.
    1. An example of Logos is evolution.
    2. An example of Logos is God speaking the world into existence, according to Genesis 1:1-31 in the Christian Bible.
    3. An example of logos is an argument using only the facts.
A "spokesperson" delivers a message without argument, persuasion or reasoning.

Logos does not mean a message delivered.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
You wouldn't happen to have that verse, would you?

If Jesu was speaking via the ''father'', then de facto, wouldn't that be hearing the 'voice', of G-d? If Jesu is a manifestation of the father or is G-d, then the verse means, people hadn't heard the voice of the ''father'', because they were only able to hear the voice of the manifestation of G-d.

I highly doubt that any NT verse would say that no one had heard the voice of G-d, as well, because, in the OT, I believe that that occurs several times.

Unless there talking about a different G-d/

Mountain_Climber

You wouldn't happen to have that verse, would you?

If Jesu was speaking via the ''father'', then de facto, wouldn't that be hearing the 'voice', of G-d? If Jesu is a manifestation of the father or is G-d, then the verse means, people hadn't heard the voice of the ''father'', because they were only able to hear the voice of the manifestation of G-d.

I highly doubt that any NT verse would say that no one had heard the voice of G-d, as well, because, in the OT, I believe that that occurs several times.

Unless there talking about a different G-d/
Apparently lostwanderingsoul has that thought confused with where it says that no man has seen God at any time but for the only begotten Son of the Father who is since his return to heaven in his bosom position.

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

Yet that fact also, that upon his return to heaven Jesus occupies a bosom position with the Father, once again shows Jesus and God are two separate beings in heaven. And so it is quite reasonable to conclude that when Jesus said, "I ascend unto my Father and your Father, and my God and your God" (John 20:17) he meant that even in heaven the Father is his God and also ours.

Manifestation is not a subject Jehovah's Witnesses do very well with. But then neither do those that think Jesus' manifesting God the Father to us makes him God do very well with it. The heavens manifest God but that does not make the heavens God.
Psalms 19:1-2 "The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament showeth his handiwork. Day unto day uttereth speech, And night unto night showeth knowledge."

In other words the heavens are a sort of mirror reflecting the face of God to us, too.

And every person who perfects himself in the image of God will be that same mirror of God as was Jesus. That will remain true even if God should impart power to them to do miracles as he did the disciples of Jesus.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Is it Jesus? John 1:1 John 1:14 Revelation 19:13
John is made up; Revelations doesn't say that is Yeshua.
Is it the Bible? 2 Timothy 3:16 Romans 15:4 2 Peter 1:20 2 Peter 1:21
Paul and Simon the stone (petros) are deceivers.
Is it both? Please explain how it is both if it is both.
It is neither, and both in a way.... God's word, is God's word.... Everything in reality stems from that God allows it to be, thus God's word made everything we see around us.... Yet to say one book or person, is individually the only thing that is the word of God is just stupid, and comes from man's ego. :innocent:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
John is made up; Revelations doesn't say that is Yeshua.
What does it say it is?

Paul and Simon the stone (petros) are deceivers.
Who is Simon the stone?
Here is the problem with that opinion. For your sake, I should hope that Paul is a deceiver but for my sake I should hope that he isn't.

It is neither, and both in a way.... God's word, is God's word.... Everything in reality stems from that God allows it to be, thus God's word made everything we see around us.... Yet to say one book or person, is individually the only thing that is the word of God is just stupid, and comes from man's ego. :innocent:
I am trying to combat the image that the thing called the Bible is fully God's Word. Please, people, see how many times the prophets spoke the word ALL and please look up it's meaning.
All scripture is inspired of God and beneficial. All of me too is a created being, God as creator, and my life is beneficial. Is everything about me good and beneficial? I should live because it is the right thing to do. But everything I do is not the right thing to do.