• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The whys of Hell and Jesus.

It irritates me when Christians think that they're cool.

It irritates me when I see this. You are a Christian yourself. The comment doesn't seem logical coming from a Christian.

Not impressive. How can Jesus have paid with His death if He was alive and kicking three days later?

For you it's not impressive. But it once was, as you mentioned that you were a Christian before. What inspired you to become a Christian in the first place? Jesus did die and he has the scars to prove it.

I am very sure, I have experienced the beyond, and through that experience I have realized that we are all that IS, if you rather be where you are then that's up to you.

You are a person of very few words...usually just one sentence. Can you share with us something useful? We have shared a lot with you, which you enjoy reading. I'd like you to share your religious experience with us.....or are you scared to do so?

Anyone who agrees, please add a "like".

Yes some of the great civilizations have spun from it in our view. In the case of Buddhism it was the Asokan empire... Christianity also united much of the Roman world and preserved civilization...Islam is a more recent case where civilization advanced. More ancient examples are possible...:)

Do I need to become a Bahai? Why would someone want to convert to your religion? (said in a polite, positive way).

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
For you it's not impressive. But it once was, as you mentioned that you were a Christian before. What inspired you to become a Christian in the first place? Jesus did die and he has the scars to prove it.

Yes, but He did not stay dead long, did He? So what sort of sacrifice was that?

Ciao

- viole

Yes, but He did not stay dead long, did He? So what sort of sacrifice was that?

Ciao

- viole

It was still a sacrifice. Why does he have to remain dead? If he didn't rise again, then he wouldn't be God, would he? I think, deep down, you are still interested in religion. Were you bitter when you first left? Many people who leave a religion remain bitter their whole lives.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
It was still a sacrifice. Why does he have to remain dead? If he didn't rise again, then he wouldn't be God, would he? I think, deep down, you are still interested in religion. Were you bitter when you first left? Many people who leave a religion remain bitter their whole lives.

I am not, or was, bitter at all. There is no reason for me to be bitter, considering that I come from a country where virtually everybody is an atheist.

I just find it absurd that people (I include my past self here) can take seriously the claims of sacrifice when applied to the most powerful being of the Universe.
A being who, allegedly, knew perfectly well that He will return on the third day, since He informed the disciples about it.

As I said, it would be like paying a million for somebody's debt, knowing that you will get it back after the weekend.

Everybody can do that. It is not a big deal, really.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

You are a person of very few words...usually just one sentence. Can you share with us something useful? We have shared a lot with you, which you enjoy reading. I'd like you to share your religious experience with us.....or are you scared to do so?

Anyone who agrees, please add a "like".

This is why RF should have a basic IQ test for membership.

Like matching shapes or something.

A

angellous_evangellous

I have not been to this board in awhile, but now I can see it is just a matter of time before normal humans start ignoring you.

I mean, if you want to work out your new material for your comedy routine maybe you should clue us in first. Because you are neither funny nor clever.

Either say something coherent or remain silent in order to safeguard whatever credibility you have.

This made me chuckle.

Tumah

Veteran Member
No, I was referring to Lev. 6:1-7. I thought that was talking about a guilt offering (v.7). The chapters in the Hebrew Bible may be different than in the Christian Bible. Do you know if the Jewish and Christian verses are always the same length? Verse 3B says "...or if he commits any such sin that people may do...". I always believed that a sacrifice was required for any sin. Why would some sins need a sacrifice and others not? It seems illogical?
For me, that's 5:22. I've known that the chapters are not exactly the same. I assume because we adapted the chapters to an earlier way of splitting the chapters that we already had. But I really don't know.
Anyways, if you look at the previous verse and put the two together, you'll notice that the verse is giving a list of things. But its not for those things one brings a sacrifice, its for the next part "and he swore falsely in any of these things, that a man sins." Basically, if (for example) a person was suspected of let's say stealing, they had the option to swear on G-d's Name that they didn't steal. If that swear was a false swear, then he would have to bring a sacrifice. So the verse is saying, if someone were to swear falsely on any of the things that people swear on [such as those listed above], he would be required to bring a sacrifice.

The sin offerings were only brought to atone for a sins whose penalty was to be cut off. According to our Talmud, even with repentance, sins of that category are not completely removed until one suffers, as opposed to other sins, where repentance and the Day of Atonement are enough. So, I understand that when the Temple was standing, one could avoid that suffering, if it was unintentional, by bringing the sacrifice.