• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The whole Bible is not from God

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
The whole Bible is not from God. Some people who wrote parts of the Bible were wrong about God. God has never asked us humans to kill each other.

Yes many parts of the Bible is from God, but some parts of the Bible is not from God

How to know what is from God in the Bible? That is simple. God is love and just. What is against love and justice is not from God. God is against killing innocent people.

Any thoughts? Do you agree og disagree?

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The whole Bible is not from God. Some people who wrote parts of the Bible were wrong about God. God has never asked us humans to kill each other.

Yes many parts of the Bible is from God, but some parts of the Bible is not from God

How to know what is from God in the Bible? That is simple. God is love and justice. What is against love and justice is not from God. To kill inocent people is against God.r

" The whole Bible is not from God."

I also agree with one here.
People belonging to Hellenist-Pauline Christianity have been thinking about this matter for a long time and now Catholics, Protestants and Messianic Israelites have published Red Letter Bibles*
to facilitate in this connection, please. Right?
In these Bibles they have colored in red letters all the stuff that is supposedly/tentatively and or that which might have been said by (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, one gets to know, please. Right?
One can, therefore, straightaway ignore/reject what is in black letters in these Bibles as it is not from (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah and cannot provide meaningful guidance in ethical, moral and spiritual issues of humanity, rather it could create confusion in the minds of those who want to follow Yeshua, I understand, please. Right?

Regards
World Messianic Bible

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

How to know what is from God in the Bible? That is simple. God is love and just. What is against love and justice is not from God. God is against killing innocent people.

Any thoughts? Do you agree or disagree?

To answer your question, I don't believe that any of the Bible was inspired by God. As I've said in another post (here), I believe the stories in the Bible are copied from pagan religions that predate both it and Christianity. And here is what I wrote in my other post:

I believe Christianity (church rituals, holidays, and the stories in the Bible) are from pagan religions that predate both it and the Bible. In fact, I think it's very likely. If you read "Parallels between Christianity and ancient Pagan religions," then you'll see what I mean.

Furthermore, Christmas and Easter both have pagan origins, so it's reasonable to assume that the Bible is also plagiarized from older pagan religions that predate it. As a matter of fact, the stories of Jesus' life written in the Bible are more likely plagiarized from a few pagan religions that have similar stories of a holy man being born of a virgin, being tempted by the devil before his earthly ministry began, miraculously healing people, dying for mankind, and being resurrected from the dead after three days. If you read this article, 10 Christ-Like Figures that Predate Jesus, then you'll read similar stories about these ten Christ-like figures' lives that parallel the life of Jesus written in the Bible. What's more, the story of Jesus' crucifixion on a cross, dying for humanity, descending into the underworld, and being resurrected from the dead after three days isn't the first savior story of its kind. His death on the cross and his resurrection from the dead after three days parallel the life of Attis, the Greek god of vegetation (1250 BCE). It's written that Attis was divinely born of a virgin; he was crucified on a tree; he descended into the underworld after his death; and he was resurrected from the dead after three days. If you click on this article, Attis: Born of a Virgin on December 25th, Crucified and Resurrected after Three Days, you'll read more similarities between the stories of Attis and the stories of Jesus. And these are the reasons why I believe the Bible is plagiarized.

I'm editing to add this article, The Bible is Fiction: A Collection Of Evidence, to further validate my belief that the Bible is plagiarized.

Heyo

Veteran Member

When can we expect the big Abrahamic Council that discusses the matter and publishes the revised and correct version?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

Generally speaking, I think the books of the Bible have been rewritten and rewritten... its probably difficult to get a grasp on what was originally there unless you're able to speak the languages it was written in(and you'd have to learn a few to understand the whole content).

Furthermore, I believe the Bible to be inspired by(not written by) the God of one culture. While I acknowledge that the Biblical God is a God, I don't think he's the one and only, but merely one amidst myriads of others.

I'm curious, though, of what you think the Bible is. Where do you think stories involving violence in the Bible originate from?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I basically agree with the OP. There's a bit of history in the Bible, some legends, some events that were given divine origin, some parts written by people for lower motives and a kernel of divine truth. And human intervention was to me clearly part of deciding what would and would not be part of that book.

I take the Sermon on the Mount, statement of the greatest commandments ana few other bits as Truth but not the rest.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member

What is an innocent person?

Yes God is just. He also has authority over every human who ever lived.

GURSIKH

chardi kla

How to know what is from God in the Bible? That is simple. God is love and justice. What is against love and justice is not from God. God is against killing innocent people.

I have very limited knowledge of Bible, can you provide link to few passage from Bible where you think God is unjust ?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Generally speaking, I think the books of the Bible have been rewritten and rewritten... its probably difficult to get a grasp on what was originally there unless you're able to speak the languages it was written in(and you'd have to learn a few to understand the whole content).

In my opinion, your statement explains why there are many contradictions in the Bible, as demonstrated in the following links.

101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible

BibViz Project - Bible Contradictions, Misogyny, Violence, Inaccuracies interactively visualized

While I acknowledge that the Biblical God is a God, I don't think he's the one and only, but merely one amidst myriads of others.

This is something that I've been learning about as a new Wiccan and polytheist. When I was a Christian, I was taught to believe that there was only one God, the God of the Bible, and all other gods were fictional idols that people made up; they weren't real deities.

nPeace

Veteran Member

How to know what is from God in the Bible? That is simple. God is love and justice. What is against love and justice is not from God. God is against killing innocent people.

I don't agree because I think anyone that believes God to be both love and justice, contradicts themselves if they say God does not ask back the life of one who unjustly takes life.
What is justice, and who decides justice? Is it not God?

So, if God's justice requires that one pay with their life, then why would this not be part of God's word?
(Genesis 9:5, 6) 5 Besides that, I will demand an accounting for your lifeblood. I will demand an accounting from every living creature; and from each man I will demand an accounting for the life of his brother. 6Anyone shedding man’s blood, by man will his own blood be shed, for in God’s image He made man.

Dao Hao Now

Sounds to me like a serious case of denial and cognitive dissonance.
Thus the reason the bible is known by some as the big book of multiple choice.

Heyo

Veteran Member
When I was a Christian, I was taught to believe that there was only one God, the God of the Bible, and all other gods were fictional idols that people made up; they weren't real deities.
Well, that is about 99.99% correct.

Im helping you, you will thank me later. You said: "God is against killing innocent people." a loving god would be, but gods and goddesses created in human minds first, have demanded sacrifices either animal or human. You also said, "What is against love and justice is not from God" It depends on whose idea of love and justice it is. You said, " God is love and just" There is a whole book called lamentations about how evil prevails, or the idea of evil in someone's mind prevails. Some person's evil might be another's good. You said, "How to know what is from God in the Bible?" None of it is from god it is from a group of human minds making it all up.

Brian2

Veteran Member

Where do you say that God in the Bible is not being loving and just?