• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The wavefunction is a property of the mind

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
To continue where we left off earlier this year, after wavefunction collapse everything becomes random. Life and the universe unfolds in a random fashion. It is only while the wavefunction in suspended by the mind that non-randomness becomes possible.
Doesn't it pertain to Science and or Religion, please?

Regards

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
By the way, I’m glad to see you again. A long time ago we talked about grad school… like 2013. It has taken me a long road to finally get there. I see you have been growing this whole time. I don’t regret the years I did other things, but I do regret still working on this so late.
Thank you! And of course I remember our conversations, not only about graduate school but many other topics that were intrinsically interesting and made particularly so because of e.g., your knowledge, intellect, and sense of humor (both in discussion threads and chatting here). Just to pick one example off of the top of my head, I recall being rather delighted in one thread years ago to have one of the only exchanges about the possibility of God and further of a benevolent God in which you granted that omniscience doesn’t entail the ability to microwave a burrito so hot even God couldn’t eat it, referred in depth to Plato’s infamous demiurge, and discussed at some length and in a fair amount of detail a possible “solution” to the Timaeus-type argument involving necessity and contingency of realizations of possible worlds in which God is not independent of moral laws yet neither can be said to dictate them in the manner of the demiurge.

I also recall a fair amount of discussion about alcohol and other more entertaining matters.

I am very glad to hear you are happy with previous choices and it seems you are on the path you wish to be on, which is also fantastic. For myself, well…I have many regrets and things academically and professionally I wish I had done differently, but I try (often failing) to remember all the things I am able to do for free or even be paid for that I enjoy and similar advantages rather than dwell on past mistakes.