• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Undead

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
The Undead, what is it about them that intrigues us about them. Weather it's form the Modern day Vampire, like Dracula, The Vampires of Ann Rice, or even the one from WhiteWolf's: Vampire the Requiem.
Or Zombies, form George A. Remaro's Night of the Living Dead, to the video games like Left 4 Dead, to book like the Zombie Survival Guide, we seem to love. the idea of a Zombie Apocalypse.
I myself must say I have a love afar with the Undead. I love reading about them, playing them in games, knowing more about them and how they play a role in are lives from the Dawn of Time till now. I still have a lot to learn.
I only gave two examples up there, but there are a lot more Undead.
Here a list of some more:

* Vampires
* Zombies
* Banshee
* Frankenstein
* Ghosts
* Ghouls
* Poltergeist
* Revenants
* Skeletons
* Wraith
* Spectres
* Liches
* Ghasts
* Mummies
And this my not be all of them(if you have more to add please do).

There are some books out there that are good on the study of the Undead, and some that are not so much but can be taken just for fun. I will give you the one I have and tell you if I think there good for a study of the Undead from around the world, or just one can read for fun and not need to take serious:
Encyclopedia of the Undead
Zombies: A Field guide to the Walking Dead
Vampires: A Field guide to the Creatures that Stalk the Night
All the above by Dr. Bob Curran and Illustrated by Ian Daniels. I have found that these are good book for the study of the Undead, Dr. Curran has gone around and studied Undead being from all around the world and know what he talking about.
The Vampire Hunter's Hand book by Raphael Van Hellsing. This book is for fun, while it might take idea from myths about Vampire, the book is set up as a book to help you hunter them, not to be taken as real. But can give you good ideas for RPGs.
The Vampire Watcher's Handbook: A guide for Slayers by Constantine Gregory. I's say for fun, it's an interesting read from the point of view of a Catholic Priest.
Vampires the Occult Truth by Konstantinos. I thought this one was interesting and the first part of the book is ok, but the 2nd half is letters from real life Vampires. Take it as you will.
If there are any books you have and reccomend please share them, weather the ones for fun, or a good resorce.

Troublemane

Konstantinos is an interesting author, especially if you look at how his books started out all "light and peace", but rapidly became darker with each new book. I think it may have started with his book on evocation, where he made the statement "You can call on the Goetic Demons without and kind of protection, they won't hurt you." :D (*I am paraphrasing)...and, suddenly, his books start taking on this incredibly distopian view! Coincidence!..I think NOT! :rolleyes:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Konstantinos is an interesting author, especially if you look at how his books started out all "light and peace", but rapidly became darker with each new book. I think it may have started with his book on evocation, where he made the statement "You can call on the Goetic Demons
without and kind of protection, they won't hurt you."
biggrin.gif
(*I am paraphrasing)...and, suddenly, his books start taking on this incredibly distopian view! Coincidence!..I think NOT!
rolleyes.gif
I've also noticed this. Even his picture went from happy and smiling to a more darker look, with a frown. Unless he has released anything since Nocturnicon, I have all of his books.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I have 3 of his books, all of them Dark. Gothic Grimore, Vampyers, and Necternomicon.

Reiðrœska

Voice deeper than Thor's

I believe you meant 'whether' both times you said it. And you meant 'our' when you said 'in are lives'

Anyway, I thought I'd just mention that if anyone recommends Twilight to him, I will not be a happy young man. Twilight does not have vampires in it, it's just the wet dream of a 16 year old emo girl.

On a more positive note, the idea of a Zombie Apocalypse is indeed awesome. Back to a negative comment, if only there was a decent free-roaming zombie survival game. Left 4 Dead sounds pretty boring to me. :(

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Reiðrœska;1352461 said:
I believe you meant 'whether' both times you said it. And you meant 'our' when you said 'in are lives'

Anyway, I thought I'd just mention that if anyone recommends Twilight to him, I will not be a happy young man. Twilight does not have vampires in it, it's just the wet dream of a 16 year old emo girl.

On a more positive note, the idea of a Zombie Apocalypse is indeed awesome. Back to a negative comment, if only there was a decent free-roaming zombie survival game. Left 4 Dead sounds pretty boring to me. :(

Never been good at that damn weather/whether. I hate English.
It's not boring, try it. Even if you just rent it once, you have me on XBox live so you have some one to play with, my team could all was use a good 3rd or 4th person to play with.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Anyway, I thought I'd just mention that if anyone recommends Twilight to him, I will not be a happy young man.
I'd just like to take this moment to highly recommend Twilight...

:p

Not really... ;)

Reiðrœska

Voice deeper than Thor's
I'd just like to take this moment to highly recommend Twilight...

:p

Not really... ;)

Don't do that to me, brah! I almost had a fit of rage, but then I saw 'Not really'.

Anyway, Azakel, I'll look into getting it 'cause it would be nice to play stuff on XBL with someone from RF. Oh, and sorry about the party I invited you to the other day - my friends must have scared you off with their oh-so-high, piercing and loud voices. Next time, I'll make sure they shut up before inviting you. :p

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I have 3 of his books, all of them Dark. Gothic Grimore, Vampyers, and Necternomicon.
He has I think 6 books. Evocation, Speak with The Dead, Vampires: The Occult Truth, Gothic Grimore, Nocturnal Witchcraft, and Noctornicon. I checked, and it's been awhile since his last book.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Reiðrœska;1353642 said:
Don't do that to me, brah! I almost had a fit of rage, but then I saw 'Not really'.

Anyway, Azakel, I'll look into getting it 'cause it would be nice to play stuff on XBL with someone from RF. Oh, and sorry about the party I invited you to the other day - my friends must have scared you off with their oh-so-high, piercing and loud voices. Next time, I'll make sure they shut up before inviting you. :p

It's ok, I wasn't sure what was up. Not sure if it was you, or who Luke is(Thought that was the name some one was saying), but if we use real names mine is Randall).
And ya get it, you can me and the people I play with, we can all was use a good person who won't screw use and can watch are backs.
Zombie Killing Fun!

Zephyr

Moved on
These are the best Undead: Draugr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, go buy the board game Zombies!!! right now. Seriously. You won't learn anything about the undead, but it is seriously the best zombie-themed game out there. Really endless fun for you and a few friends, especially once you try some of the expansions. (hint: "Let's see here... Klaatu, barada, nik*cough*! There, I said it!")