• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The truth behind Ron Wyatt's archaeological discoveries.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Deniers of the story of Sodom and Gomorrah should review the following archaeological report:

Associates for Biblical Research - The Discovery of the Sin Cities of Sodom and Gomorrah

Excerpt:

"Conclusion

When the archaeological, geographical and epigraphic evidence is reviewed in detail, it is clear that the infamous cities of Sodom and Gomorrah have now been found. What is more, this evidence demonstrates that the Bible provides an accurate eyewitness account of events that occurred southeast of the Dead Sea over 4,000 years ago."
You do realize that is not a real archaeological site, don't you?

Sadly he probably does not.

Redemptionsong

Sure, I am interested in scholarly archaeology on the issue of the bible stories. But as @Subduction Zone is already pointing out, many of the stories do not stand up as historically accurate.

Since Genesis has been treated as allegorical since 200AD, it is not setting any shocking precedent to treat other stories in the OT in the same manner.

To say that Genesis has been treated as allegorical since 200AD is a nonsense! The city of Jerusalem exists today and appears in scripture from very early times. Abraham is said to have met Melchizedek, the priest and king of Salem. That would have been around 1000 years BCE. Even if you think the encounter was allegorical, the city was not! The city existed and continued to exist.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
To say that Genesis has been treated as allegorical since 200AD is a nonsense! The city of Jerusalem exists today and appears in scripture from very early times. Abraham is said to have met Melchizedek, the priest and king of Salem. That would have been around 1000 years BCE. Even if you think the encounter was allegorical, the city was not! The city existed and continued to exist.
New York city being real does not prove that Spiderman is real.

Once again, myths are often based upon real locations. The fact that Jerusalem is real does not help you.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
So, to suggest that all his finds were without evidence is unfair.
I'm not saying that all his findings were without evidence.
The fact that you don't understand that is telling.

I'm saying that the evidence for his findings is extremely weak. Weaker than the evidence for many other things. Things you don't believe, because the evidence is weak.
Like Nessie and Yeti, to name a couple. Another is the fairies in my grandpa's place.
Tell me why you believe what you do, but not those things, and you'll start sounding a little more credible to me than you do now. I don't think you can.

You're not the first person to make claims like this, to me. I've lived in a seriously Christian place my entire life! If you've got something new, please tell me what it is. If you just think I haven't heard this before, you are very much mistaken.
Tom

PruePhillip

Ron Wyatt was a con artist to lived by lying and taking money from innocent believers. WTF are you doing?

Certainly I haven't read any of his work, but he sounds like a con.
He's done biblical studies a bad name if he did. It's take people a
long time to really believe there was a House of David, an Isaiah,
Shiloh and it's law of Moses, Solomon's gates and such - and then
you get guys like this come along with bogus claims to reset the
skeptics clock.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Stories of Spider-Man are set in New York City, but the existence of Spider-Man is not established simply because the city is.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I have changed my mind. New York City does prove that Spiderman is real. I always was a big fan.
You couldn't be more wrong. Stan Lee, the greatest true believer, speaks to me and Spider-Man proves that New York is real.

You obviously have succumbed to the beguiling ways of the Green Goblin. Nuff said.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's fair comment. But in the case of the Holy Ark, there is biblical evidence, and a tradition, that supports the idea that Jeremiah was involved in hiding the Ark.
If someone claims to have found the Ark, what test will authenticate the find? What will distinguish the Ark from some very old wooden chest, or box for scrolls, or whatever?

Will it still work to allow one-on-one communication with Yahweh?

If it doesn't, will that prove it's not the Ark?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
If someone claims to have found the Ark, what test will authenticate the find? What will distinguish the Ark from some very old wooden chest, or box for scrolls, or whatever?

Will it still work to allow one-on-one communication with Yahweh?

If it doesn't, will that prove it's not the Ark?
Have you not seen the documentaries? Opening it will melt the face right off a Nazis head.

Now I've gone and done it. Invoked Godwin. We're all doomed. Doomed! Forgive me.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Have you not seen the documentaries? Opening it will melt the face right off a Nazis head.
Now now! You know it doesn't work if you shut your eyes. (And in real emergencies you pull the blanket over your head too.)
Now I've gone and done it. Invoked Godwin. We're all doomed. Doomed! Forgive me.
Is "D*mn you! D*mn you to hell!" from Proverbs or Planet of the Apes? I can never remember.