• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The true meaning of life

lew0049

CWebb
The aim/meaning of life is to make more of it before we die. Simple as that.

We've just acquired this strange notion that we're superior to creatures like the crane fly because we have thumbs and MTV.

I don't know if superior is the right word. Regardless though, mankind is not governed by laws or herd instincts like animals. Our herd instinct or that impulse does not govern us like it does with animals, so yes, I would say we "superior"

madhatter85

Transhumanist
are you kidding? have you seen what happens where there is alot of people with the same idea? Revolts, riots, looting, conspiracy.

"A person is smart; people are stupid"

Bishka

Veteran Member
are you kidding? have you seen what happens where there is alot of people with the same idea? Revolts, riots, looting, conspiracy.

"A person is smart; people are stupid"

Oh yes, the Salt Lake Valley is rife with that. :rolleyes: And Rome with all those darn Catholics. ;)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Then their opportunities for these values may be limited. It's unfortunate for them, but that's the way it may be. Life comes with no guarantees.

We weren't created for nothing, and we will be accountable for everything we enjoy with in this life without giving attention to the creator, and those whom you think it was just *unfortunate for them* will be rewarded for their patience in the other life.

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
What does the above relate to? Please be more specific.
Nobody answered post #2. Typical. :rolleyes:
Greetings Random. Your request for greater explanation of the OP seems reasonable to me and response would allow Madhatter to make his point better. Don't think you are being ignored, however, just probably a lack of time or interest in pursuing the idea.
;) a..1

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Nobody answered post #2. Typical. :rolleyes:

Sorry about that i guess i did ignore this thread for a while, It relates to the reason why we are here on this earth. why we are in existence, theologically speaking. I was also curious to see what else people view as why we are here.

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
Sorry about that i guess i did ignore this thread for a while, It relates to the reason why we are here on this earth. why we are in existence, theologically speaking. I was also curious to see what else people view as why we are here.
Thank you, Madhatter. I am sure Random will see your response. You pose a very good question. The OP verse is from the Book of Mormon, right? And in your interpretation, is that particular verse addressing the complete meaning, the reason why we are in existence?

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Thank you, Madhatter. I am sure Random will see your response. You pose a very good question. The OP verse is from the Book of Mormon, right? And in your interpretation, is that particular verse addressing the complete meaning, the reason why we are in existence?

In a sense, yes, but it's basically "if you had to put it into one word what would it be" sort of way.