• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The True Church

Muffled

Jesus in me
Jesus is not God the Father (or God Almighty or the Most High God) but I definitely don't think the indefinite article "a" is needed in this verse. "And the word was God" is entirely acceptable. Jesus refers to himself as "God" in the New Testament when He describes His agony in Gethsemane.

I believe God is one, so He is Jesus, the Father, God Almighty and God Most High.

rusra02

Premium Member
Marks of the True Church

1. Believes that Jesus Christ is God. John 1:1

Disagree - Jesus is The Son of God.

2. Has no Head of the church but Jesus. Ephesians 5:23

Disagree - the context shows God made Jesus head over the congregation; thus God is ultimate head

3. Teaches truth not Denominationalism. Mark 7:7-8

Agree

4. Teaches that The Bible is the True Word of God, and is without error. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Agree

5. Teaches that Authority comes from the word of God not leaders in the Church. 1 Thessalonians 4:2, Acts 2:42

Agree

6. Teaches Believers Baptism. Mark 16:16

Agree

7. Teaches that Repentance and Baptism is for the Forgiveness of Sins and the way to receive the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38, Romans 6:3-4

Agree

8. Teaches that Jesus is the only way to heaven. Acts 4:12

This verse speaks about salvation, not about going to heaven.

9. Teaches that Sinners will go to Hell. Revelation 21:8, 20:11-15

Second death is eternal destruction, not torment.

10. Takes care of the Poor. James 1:27

Looks after widows and orphans

11. And does the Great Commission. Matthew 28:18-20

Agree

I think you failed to mention the most important identifying mark of true Christians

1. They would display Christlike love for one another. (John 13:34,35)

2. They are no part of the world, imitating Christ. (John 17:14, James 1:27)

3. They worship only Jehovah and make his name known. (Matthew 4:10, John 17:6)

4. They preach the good news about God's Kingdom. ( Matthew 24:14)

Muffled

Jesus in me
yes even when there is one, the true inner church is there, as there is only one church, not an organization called a church, but the true chruch within.

I do not believe the church is within or there could be a church of one person. There is dynamic with two or more that is not present with one.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I do not believe the church is within or there could be a church of one person. There is dynamic with two or more that is not present with one.
These words are from Paul, I don't believe Paul was a Christian, he preached the Christ with, he really never knew of Jesus, the name Jesus was added to his writings, so he really means nothing to me spiritually.

Muffled

Jesus in me
These words are from Paul, I don't believe Paul was a Christian, he preached the Christ with, he really never knew of Jesus, the name Jesus was added to his writings, so he really means nothing to me spiritually.

I believe the words are from Jesus and will provide the scripture if you need it.

I believe the evidence is to the contrary.

I believe the evidence is that He knew Jesus through the Holy Spirit.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I believe the words are from Jesus and will provide the scripture if you need it.

I believe the evidence is to the contrary.

I believe the evidence is that He knew Jesus through the Holy Spirit.
Well I personally don't agree with you, and I can handle that, no worries at all.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Well I personally don't agree with you, and I can handle that, no worries at all.
I believe you don't agree but I also believe your beliefs have no valid basis. That basicly boils down to the fact that you are hanging on to a fantasy instead of facing reality.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I believe you don't agree but I also believe your beliefs have no valid basis. That basicly boils down to the fact that you are hanging on to a fantasy instead of facing reality.
Ha, no fantasy with me, your the one who believes in a man walking on water, turning water into win and all sorts of other magic tricks, yes my friend you are living in fantasy.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Ha, no fantasy with me, your the one who believes in a man walking on water, turning water into win and all sorts of other magic tricks, yes my friend you are living in fantasy.

I believe you have no way of proving those things are fantasy. In fact waves travel through the air and there is a device that picks them up and displays a picture. Magic? Fantasy to someone from the middle ages? Science to someone who know how it works.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I believe you have no way of proving those things are fantasy. In fact waves travel through the air and there is a device that picks them up and displays a picture. Magic? Fantasy to someone from the middle ages? Science to someone who know how it works.
I have no way to prove that fairies are not real, many middle age people were easily fooled, and also very superstitious, they were known as the rabble.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I have no way to prove that fairies are not real, many middle age people were easily fooled, and also very superstitious, they were known as the rabble.

I believe you should consider the source. The source for stories about fairies is not the same source as the story about walking on water.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I believe you should consider the source. The source for stories about fairies is not the same source as the story about walking on water.
Yes walking on water was just a metaphore, but the people who were simple minded believed it to be literally true, as with many other stories.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
Yes walking on water was just a metaphore, but the people who were simple minded believed it to be literally true, as with many other stories.
I believe they're true. If God exists and is the creator, then He can "literally" make these things happen.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
So People are saved by Baptism? This is not so. Please tell me that you don't belive that.
Peter said baptism saves. When you read thru the NT, you will find many statements which list a variety of things that save: the gospel saves, the blood of Christ saves,
grace saves, love saves.

Here's more of the things, which the Bible says saves: God, faith, confession, repentance, doing the will of the Lord, hearing, the Holy Spirit, blood, preaching, Jesus, His life, His death, enduring to the end, being righteous and more.

We understand that we are saved by the grace of God, but His grace is conditional. If it were not, then all would be saved.

Things like love, repentance, baptism, and doing the will of the Father are conditions.

Yes, grace is a free gift, but it is still conditional.

Last edited: