• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Trinity

Kolibri

The BIBLE plainly says that Jesus raised himself.

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

then by that reasoning, and in ignoring the other verses, that woman cured herself - literally.

cataway

can tell by what you said that you do not know what a soul is. A soul is a flesh body made alive by the spirit.
and a dead soul is a body that lacks the spirit or life force ,it a type of electricity. when its gone there is no more life in a body = dead soul

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
and a dead soul is a body that lacks the spirit or life force ,it a type of electricity. when its gone there is no more life in a body = dead soul

I agree, except that I hope you consider that if the flesh body is not dead, the spirit can travel outside the body. Paul speaks of such a circumstance. If it were not possible for the spirit to travel outside the body, then I do not believe that Paul would cause us to believe that it were possible.

2 Corinthians 12:3 And I know that this man--whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows--

Yes

then by that reasoning, and in ignoring the other verses, that woman cured herself - literally.
Do you think the scriptures using Jesus and God interchangeably is only about when Jesus raised himself from the dead?

Kolibri

I agree, except that I hope you consider that if the flesh body is not dead, the spirit can travel outside the body. Paul speaks of such a circumstance. If it were not possible for the spirit to travel outside the body, then I do not believe that Paul would cause us to believe that it were possible.

2 Corinthians 12:3 And I know that this man--whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows--

A rapturous vision is not the same as death. Death is a state of being comatose. - Ecc 9:4-6.10

Kolibri

Do you think the scriptures using Jesus and God interchangeably is only about when Jesus raised himself from the dead?

I think that we as humans get stuck in our own vision. Beliefs become more important than reality, especially when it is our hopes that are on the line. This can happen to me as much as anyone, and not just in things religious. I also believe we should not have to work so hard to make things fit a certain way. Reality is simple. It is we who have to make it more complicated that it truly is.

Kolibri

Our spirits do not die. Our flesh dies, but our spirits do not.
Did you read the scripture?
"the dead know nothing at all"
their love, hate, jealousy have already perished with the body.
While dead, Jesus would not have been able to even think or feel any motivation - or put any plan into action.

Last edited:

Yes

I think that we as humans get stuck in our own vision. Beliefs become more important than reality, especially when it is our hopes that are on the line. This can happen to me as much as anyone, and not just in things religious. I also believe we should not have to work so hard to make things fit a certain way. Reality is simple. It is we who have to make it more complicated that it truly is.
You did not answer my question. As for you implying God's Truth does not really matter---you are badly mistaken.

Yes

Did you read the scripture?
"the dead no nothing at all"
their love, hate, jealousy have already perished with the body.
While dead, Jesus would not have been able to even think or feel any motivation - or put any plan into action.
You are only using the Old Testament to try to prove your false beliefs.

The Old Testament was about earthly man. The New Testament tells us about that which is spiritual.

moorea944

God died in the flesh. We are not just flesh. We are flesh and spirit. Jesus' Spirit is God's Spirit, the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 12:9, Zechariah 12:1, and Malachi 2:15.

Zechariah 12:1 shows us that the spirit has a form.
God died in the flesh?? Do you actually understand what your saying?

Yes

God died in the flesh?? Do you actually understand what your saying?
Of course, I understand what I am saying. God came in the flesh and died for us.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

moorea944

Of course, I understand what I am saying. God came in the flesh and died for us.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.
The "word" in that verse is "logos". It is talking about God's plans, thoughts or reasons. And the came real in verse 14 in His son Jesus. God did not "become" flesh. His plans did. BIG difference. You making them the exact same person. One and the same. They are not. They are the same in wills, charactor, plans. But they are not phyiscally the same. God is immortal, Jesus is a man who is mortal.

Wharton

So here we have one God in two places at once talking to himself. :p
One part of God can accede to the will of the other, though both are fully God. :p One part of God is immortal and cannot die but the other is mortal and can be killed by mere humans whist still being fully God. :p The Word was "with God" in heaven and "the Word became flesh". He was "divine" (a god-like, powerful mighty one) but he was not Almighty God.
Do you really think that John, an Orthodox Jew, would write about and believe in an Almighty God and a mighty god? That's really funny.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Do you really think that John, an Orthodox Jew, would write about and believe in an Almighty God and a mighty god? That's really funny.

No, what's funny is that you don't understand what the word "theos" means in Greek.

There are "many gods and many lords" according to Paul...but "only one God the Father" (1 Cor 8:6) so the Jews understood the term "god" to mean "mighty ones" or those in positions of power. Jesus even referred to human judges as "gods" (John 10:31-36)...so you see you've been led down a wrong path.

Yes

The "word" in that verse is "logos". It is talking about God's plans, thoughts or reasons. And the came real in verse 14 in His son Jesus. God did not "become" flesh. His plans did. BIG difference. You making them the exact same person. One and the same. They are not. They are the same in wills, charactor, plans. But they are not phyiscally the same. God is immortal, Jesus is a man who is mortal.
Who was the world made through?

Who raised Jesus?

Who sends the Holy Spirit?

Wharton

[When incarnated, Jesus gives up the authority/GLORY he had in heaven to do the will of his father, not his own. He makes his will subject to that of the father while incarnated-if this cup can pass, if not, thy will be done thingy.]
Jesus was never incarnated. And he never gives up anything. Are there any verses that say that?
It's your own belief. Jesus was a mighty god/angel who gave that up to become human. That's giving up, in my book. :p:p

Last edited:

Wharton

No, what's funny is that you don't understand what the word "theos" means in Greek.

There are "many gods and many lords" according to Paul...but "only one God the Father" (1 Cor 8:6) so the Jews understood the term "god" to mean "mighty ones" or those in positions of power. Jesus even referred to human judges as "gods" (John 10:31-36)...so you see you've been led down a wrong path.
The NWT is what leads you down the wrong path. Retranslating the bible to match your doctrine is pure genius on the part of the governing body, especially when you were incorporated to worship Jehovah and Jesus.

Wharton

So here we have one God in two places at once talking to himself. :p
One part of God can accede to the will of the other, though both are fully God. :p One part of God is immortal and cannot die but the other is mortal and can be killed by mere humans whist still being fully God. :p The Word was "with God" in heaven and "the Word became flesh". He was "divine" (a god-like, powerful mighty one) but he was not Almighty God.
You have son talking to father. One person of the Trinity communicating with the other.

God does as he pleases. If Jesus decides to do the will of the father, no problem.

In Christianity, there's no soul sleep. I'll let you ponder that.

Give me your definition of Almighty God. We'll go from there. Is Almighty God, the Father?

moorea944

It's your own belief. Jesus was a mighty god/angel who gave that up to become human. That's giving up, in my book. :p:p
Again, there are no verses in scripture that say that. That's your own belief.

So your saying that, Jesus was God, then became man, then became God? Again?....