• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Trinity

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
I showed the error on that teaching didn't I? Jesus was a Mortal--they bowed to a MORTAL king--obeisance--not worship. trinity error.
All you are doing is denying the truth. Tell me, was Peter a mortal? Was Paul and Barnabas mortals?

Tell me, why didn't Peter allow himself to be bowed to out of respect? Tell me, why would Paul and Barnabas let the people worship them?

Peter tells Cornelius to stand up, and that he (Peter) was only a man too.

Paul and Barnabas are humans, yet they would not let the people worship them.

In Lystra there sat a man who was lame. He had been that way from birth and had never walked. 9 He listened to Paul as he was speaking. Paul looked directly at him, saw that he had faith to be healed 10 and called out, “Stand up on your feet!” At that, the man jumped up and began to walk.
11 When the crowd saw what Paul had done, they shouted in the Lycaonian language, “The gods have come down to us in human form!” 12 Barnabas they called Zeus, and Paul they called Hermes because he was the chief speaker. 13 The priest of Zeus, whose temple was just outside the city, brought bulls and wreaths to the city gates because he and the crowd wanted to offer sacrifices to them.
14 But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard of this, they tore their clothes and rushed out into the crowd, shouting: 15 “Friends, why are you doing this? We too are only human, like you.

moorea944

All you do is call the scriptures a lie.
Wow, harse words... but that's ok. No problem.
Here are some verses that God created everything.

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

"Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.
Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created"

"Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it,"

"Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him."

"I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded."

"For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else"

These are just a few of many. No Jesus here yet. He was born yet.
Notice the last verse. "I am the LORD and there is none else"

moorea944

"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist."

moorea944

And I like this verse too. Mal 2v10
"Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us?"
Dont you say that the father is two? Doesnt scripture tell us that there is one God, one father? Something to think about, eh?

kjw47

All you are doing is denying the truth. Tell me, was Peter a mortal? Was Paul and Barnabas mortals?

Tell me, why didn't Peter allow himself to be bowed to out of respect? Tell me, why would Paul and Barnabas let the people worship them?

Peter tells Cornelius to stand up, and that he (Peter) was only a man too.

Paul and Barnabas are humans, yet they would not let the people worship them.

In Lystra there sat a man who was lame. He had been that way from birth and had never walked. 9 He listened to Paul as he was speaking. Paul looked directly at him, saw that he had faith to be healed 10 and called out, “Stand up on your feet!” At that, the man jumped up and began to walk.
11 When the crowd saw what Paul had done, they shouted in the Lycaonian language, “The gods have come down to us in human form!” 12 Barnabas they called Zeus, and Paul they called Hermes because he was the chief speaker. 13 The priest of Zeus, whose temple was just outside the city, brought bulls and wreaths to the city gates because he and the crowd wanted to offer sacrifices to them.
14 But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard of this, they tore their clothes and rushed out into the crowd, shouting: 15 “Friends, why are you doing this? We too are only human, like you.

NONE other were Gods appointed king( Daniel 7:13-15)--Jesus was and they knew it from prophecy. They bowed in obeisance to A mortal Jesus.

Yes

Wow, harse words... but that's ok. No problem.
Here are some verses that God created everything.

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

"Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.
Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created"

"Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it,"

"Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him."

"I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded."

"For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else"

These are just a few of many. No Jesus here yet. He was born yet.
Notice the last verse. "I am the LORD and there is none else"
Jesus was a mystery not yet revealed.

John 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

John 1:2
He was with God in the beginning.

John 1:10
He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

1 Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Colossians 1:16
For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

Hebrews 1:2
but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

Yes

NONE other were Gods appointed king( Daniel 7:13-15)--Jesus was and they knew it from prophecy. They bowed in obeisance to A mortal Jesus.
We are not to worship mortals. We are to only worship God. Why do you fight the scriptures?

Yes

And I like this verse too. Mal 2v10
"Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us?"
Dont you say that the father is two? Doesnt scripture tell us that there is one God, one father? Something to think about, eh?
There are three, and the three are One and the same.

JRMcC

I asked a Christian friend about this very same thing once. She really could not answer the question at all. To me it seems that god should be all encompassing. If god (the father) is part of a trinity then he is not all encompassing. This only makes sense if the trinity itself is contained within god/the absolute.

kjw47

We are not to worship mortals. We are to only worship God. Why do you fight the scriptures?

Exactly--Jesus was a mortal while on earth--they did not bow in worship--they bowed in obeisance to a king-- the teachers of darkness refuse truth to stick by dogmas.

pearl

I asked a Christian friend about this very same thing once. She really could not answer the question at all. To me it seems that god should be all encompassing. If god (the father) is part of a trinity then he is not all encompassing. This only makes sense if the trinity itself is contained within god/the absolute.

Unfortunately the Trinity doesn't make much difference to people. If some Sunday at Mass there was a letter from the Vatican which read that there are not three Persons but four, the reaction would probably be something like 'oh, still another change, will they ever stop? Now how does one make the sign of the cross to include a fourth?'

One would think we would no more about the doctrine that all other doctrine is founded on. The Trinity is the central doctrine of Christianity. If we put aside the philosophy and the classical formulation of the 4th cent, on the divine nature (physis, ousia, essence, substance) in the three divine persons (hypostases, subsistences, prospa, relations), we find a better understanding of the Trinity from Scripture itself. That God is love, relational, self gift, and through grace extends that love and relation of the Trinity to us. "The universe is rooted in grace. It exists because it is loved absolutely."

allfoak

Alchemist
The K-i-s-s-i-n-g Song
Children's Song

(Girl's name) and (boy's name) sitting in the tree
K-i-s-s-i-n-g! (spell it out)
First comes love.
Then comes marriage.
Then comes baby* in the baby carriage,
Sucking his thumb,
Wetting his pants,
Doing the hula, hula dance!

The K-i-s-s-i-n-g Song - American Children's Songs - The USA - Mama Lisa's World: Children's Songs and Rhymes from Around the World

The trinity is a very simple concept that even children can understand.
Unfortunately we have been misled by those who wish to hide the truth.

Father + Mother = Child
The Three are One.

blog+(9).jpg

We are made in the image of the one who made us.
If you want to know the truth study yourself.

moorea944

[Father + Mother = Child
The Three are One.]
All one as the same person? Or as in the same family...
To me, they are not the same person. They are the same family. If they were the same person, they would have the same mind, thinking alike, no differences at all, etc. But we are in a family "in Christ". And I think that is what God wants from us to be in His family. To follow Him and His son in everything. To be separate from this world, to keep his commandments. When we are baptised, we have our names written in the book of LIfe and now we are "in Christ". Beautiful thing to be part of God's family. But we are not God. God's Spirit is in us, yes, but we, His family, are not God.

Just like Jesus. He is God's son, yet he is not God. God has manifested Himself in the angels. They are His fingers that do His work. They even helped Him in creation. Yet, they are not God.

You mentioned, [The trinity is a very simple concept that even children can understand.] I've spoken to alot of trinitarians, and almost everyone has given me a different meaning on the trinity. I think that even they dont really understand it. I know I dont. I think they make God a mystery and a God of confusion. I also think the trinity totally degrades our creator!

I read in scripture that Jesus is the son of God. I dont see God the son anywhere. Out of all the words in the bible, why do you have to make up words to bring into your faith?

pearl

Exactly--Jesus was a mortal while on earth--they did not bow in worship--they bowed in obeisance to a king-- the teachers of darkness refuse truth to stick by dogmas.

The real darkness is ignorance. If one is going to take an opposing position on any subject, one must first have some sense of
clarity as to what exactly the opposition states. It is not the Jesus of history that is worshiped. By virtue of the resurrection of Jesus
it was revealed that God himself acted in Jesus, the Spirit of God can now rightly be understood also as the Spirit of Jesus taken up to God.

All worship is addressed to God, through the Son, in the Spirit. It is always God the father, the God of Israel who is worshiped.