• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Trinity

Jensen

This IS showing that Jesus is divine, it's obvious. We, for instance, are not in Jesus's position, we are not divine in the same way, Jesus has a different Spirit.

That's because Jesus is the Son, in man form. The 'hype' I'm referring to is the notion that Son of God is some 'usual title, justified by the fact that we are sons of God, it isn't used like that, it is a literal title, not what He is inherently by being a person in the faith.

Jesus has a God, actually a Father, in man form. However being an aspect of God, /He's Divine/, he also speaks with authority from the spirit.
See, I wasn't even describing the trinity. So you apparently didn't understand my comments. 'Plurality' of God, when I say it, is God being able to manifest in different forms, not 'trinity concept', though I believe we end up with the same worship, ultimately. I was espousing Oneness doctrine, but regardless, we can't have a 'man only' Jesus it simply doesn't work, for many reasons, and it isn't Scriptural either.

We are not interpreting these verses in the same manner, it is obvious. I think we should take the argument in another direction(s) of logic so we don't simply keep repeating our arguments.

Yes, I know that you are espousing Oneness, but this is a Trinity thread. And so that is what I'd like to stay with. And I also do not wish to continue as we have been here, as it is apparent to me, that most here do not take scripture for what it actually says, but wish to give long-winded interpretations, and add to the meaning, read between the lines to have it say what is desired. When I give Scripture, many here refute it without scripture, just giving their view. This is not directed to you in particular, it is just how it seems to be here.

Also, I am really tired, so will be limiting my time here for awhile.

And I know that Son of God is a literal title, but that still does not mean he is God either in the doctrine of the trinity or Oneness. It means he is the Son of God, Divine, meaning set apart, and not deity. Angels are divine, that is they are set apart, but this doesn't make them deity either.

Plural of Excellence , or Plural of Majesty, means to refer to someone of importance, such as God for example, in a plural form...although singular, as a form of honor, and is used in some languages such as Hebrew.

God bless...

Jensen

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Nothing bizzare--100% fact of reality----33,000 trinity religions are owned and operated by satan--they do not teach Jesus' truths. they teach dogmas.

But your comment was about Jesus, and you think He didn't have long hair, DESPITE the fact that most early portrayals, most portrayals in general, present Him this way. How does being a Nazarene mean that his hair can't be long?

kjw47

But your comment was about Jesus, and you think He didn't have long hair, DESPITE the fact that most early portrayals, most portrayals in general, present Him this way. How does being a Nazarene mean that his hair can't be long?

God made a special covenant with the Nazarites( Samson)---not Nazarenes( Jesus) --- the male Nazarites were allowed to wear their hair long as long as the never drank alcohol. So portraying Jesus with long hair is portraying Jesus as a sinner in front of the eyes of all creation for centuries. The covenant with the Nazarites= 100% fact-- it proves the trinity based religions ---do not know the true Jesus.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
God made a special covenant with the Nazarites( Samson)---not Nazarenes( Jesus) --- the male Nazarites were allowed to wear their hair long as long as the never drank alcohol. So portraying Jesus with long hair is portraying Jesus as a sinner in front of the eyes of all creation for centuries. The covenant with the Nazarites= 100% fact-- it proves the trinity based religions ---do not know the true Jesus.

No one is saying that paintings depict the actual Christ. All ethnic groups depict Jesus as looking like them. No one knows what Jesus looked like or how He wore His hair. So your bickering over this is pointless.

Funny how you chose to whine about images of Jesus with long hair but have nothing to say about Him being depicted as white with European features, when He certainly wasn't.

kjw47

No one is saying that paintings depict the actual Christ. All ethnic groups depict Jesus as looking like them. No one knows what Jesus looked like or how He wore His hair. So your bickering over this is pointless.

Funny how you chose to whine about images of Jesus with long hair but have nothing to say about Him being depicted as white with European features, when He certainly wasn't.

Being white, dark, or polka dotted doesn't make him pictured as a sinner---long hair does. I am 100% confident Jesus accomplishment of living a perfect mortal existence is the greatest accomplishment ever known to mortal man by a mortal man--- Portraying Gods son as a sinner is absolutely detestable to Jesus.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Being white, dark, or polka dotted doesn't make him pictured as a sinner---long hair does. I am 100% confident Jesus accomplishment of living a perfect mortal existence is the greatest accomplishment ever known to mortal man by a mortal man--- Portraying Gods son as a sinner is absolutely detestable to Jesus.

Explain why long hair means he's a sinner?

In fact, you have to wonder about Nazarene/Nazarite, may be that's one of reasons He had long hair.
Oh, you mean the alcohol thing. Never heard of that btw.

Also, a Nazarene could have long hair, why not?

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian

I'd say what is considered "long" by our standards and what was "long" 2,000 years ago are two totally different things. I doubt you could just waltz on down to the local downtown barber shop and order up a buzz-cut.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I'd say what is considered "long" by our standards and what was "long" 2,000 years ago are two totally different things. I doubt you could just waltz on down to the local downtown barber shop and order up a buzz-cut.

I would say it's most likely more of a culture or regional thing for Jesus, that's my guess. I agree though, many people probably had long hair in that culture, why wouldn't they.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I noticed this verse was in context to instructions on manner for Christians, there is the possibility that Jesus is outside this general description, rules, or attitudes.
We have to accept the fact that whether correct or not, most portrayals of Him are as long haired, so we cannot just dismiss this tradition outright.

Last edited:

kjw47

could be or may not be--- here is a fact though---every mortal is in possession of a treacherous and desperate heart--it can easily reason falsely.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
I noticed this verse was in context to instructions on manner for Christians, there is the possibility that Jesus is outside this general description, rules, or attitudes.
We have to accept the fact that whether correct or not, most portrayals of Him are as long haired, so we cannot just dismiss this tradition outright.
The Greek doesn't just mean "long-haired", it means having tresses of hair, having hair and taking care of it like a girl. Long hair on a man is perfectly fine. Just don't have a womanly hairstyle or anything like that.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
The Greek doesn't just mean "long-haired", it means having tresses of hair, having hair and taking care of it like a girl. Long hair on a man is perfectly fine. Just don't have a womanly hairstyle or anything like that.

Preaching to the choir, that's basically what I assumed.

Jensen

Ok, so one should dismiss the verse if one does not agree with it? And give it a different meaning? That I could see if one doesn't believe in the bible. Here is the verse in context...after reading it, tell me what do you think is meant by the last verse...16But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God. What do you think is being said here?

1 Cor 11:1-16

1Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

2Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you. 3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. 4Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head. 5But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. 6For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. 7For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. 8For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. 9Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. 10For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels. 11Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord. 12For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God. 13Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered? 14Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? 15But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. 16But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

kjw47

If long hair is fine--then why did God make a special covenant with the Nazarites allowing them to have long hair? And obviously the rest of the Israelite males--could not have long hair.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
If long hair is fine--then why did God make a special covenant with the Nazarites allowing them to have long hair? And obviously the rest of the Israelite males--could not have long hair.
The Nazirites weren't just permitted to have long hair, they were required not to cut it. And where does it say that Israelite men were forbidden from having long hair?