• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Tragedy Of Transgendered Youth

Skwim

Veteran Member
Just a Heads Up

"Transgender youths in high school appear to face serious risk for violence victimization, substance use, and suicide, as well as some sexual risk behaviors, indicating a need for programmatic efforts to better support the overall health of transgender youths. Taking steps to create safe learning environments and provide access to culturally competent physical and mental health care might be important first steps to improving the health of transgender youths. Continued research into the health of transgender youths and development of effective intervention strategies are warranted.

292376-P_MMWR_Report_Page_600_x_338_pixels.jpg

source
In the USA the average combined enrollment of middle schools plus high schools is 1,347 students.*

This means that in each combined school there are, on average, 24 (1.8% (rounded up to 2% in the report)) transgendered students. Of these, in each school on average

6 are likely to feel unsafe at or going to or from school,
8 are likely to be bullied
8 are likely to attempt suicide

because of their transgender identity

*source

Last edited:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Testosterone therapy for men to rightfully feel masculine, and estrogen therapy for women to rightfully feel feminine; that'd solve any problems of transgenderism from happening.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Testosterone therapy for men to rightfully feel masculine, and estrogen therapy for women to rightfully feel feminine; that'd solve any problems of transgenderism from happening.
I assume . . . or maybe I shouldn't, that you have conclusive evidence for this. Please share.

Ellen Brown

Just a Heads Up

"Transgender youths in high school appear to face serious risk for violence victimization, substance use, and suicide, as well as some sexual risk behaviors, indicating a need for programmatic efforts to better support the overall health of transgender youths. Taking steps to create safe learning environments and provide access to culturally competent physical and mental health care might be important first steps to improving the health of transgender youths. Continued research into the health of transgender youths and development of effective intervention strategies are warranted.

292376-P_MMWR_Report_Page_600_x_338_pixels.jpg

source
In the USA the average enrollment in middle and high schools is 1,347 students.*

This means that in each school there are, on average, 24 (1.8% (rounded up to 2% in the report)) transgendered students. Of these, in each school on average

6 are likely to feel unsafe at or going to or from school,
8 are likely to be bullied
8 are likely to attempt suicide.

Because of their transgender identity

*source

There is quite a ruction presently in that there are Mental Health Patients who feel that practitioners and drug companies have taken unfair advantage of them. This includes so called Transgender folk. My own personal experience has been with Male to Female folk, and in the 20 or so years that I have been involved with the situation, I have tried to warn off those who have approached me and to help them make sure they explore other options before transitioning. Conservative religious folk have the largest influence on the suicide rate, I feel, and they don't appear to care, allowing their magical thinking to run completely amok.

In the late 70s, it was thought that I had GID (Gender Identity Dysphoria), when the truth was likely that I was dealing with childhood abuse issues severe enough to call it PTSD (They did not have the term then). Those who are old enough will remember that abuse issues were ignored. Effeminate boys were beaten or murdered. I lived through that, and by the time I was 12 I hated males and hated being one. Many years later I was told I was XXY and some stuff like AIS and so on. I was never gay, but was raped after I ran away to escape the beatings.

I survived going through school by being a loner and making jokes, earning the scorn of my classmates.

I think the suicide rate shown in the article is low, or it climbs once the subject gets into adulthood to +40%. Where I live most of those around me are at least civil, and I am thankful that I survived to almost retirement before the Transgender machine got ahold of me. Thankfully, because of various issues no one seems to know unless I tell them. In my case, I think it would have been better to be treated for the PTSD and forget the GID treatment.

CONCLUSION: There are lots of youth who naturally do not conform to gender norms and are thought to be gay or lesbians, when if they were simply left alone and nurtured could very well prove to be just in the middle of the gender divide, remaining living in their birth phenotype. I have some hope that one day our culture will realize this.

I've been so bluntly frank because I feel safe here, and there is little to lose.

Skwim

Veteran Member
A Systematic Review of the Effects of Hormone Therapy on Psychological Functioning and Quality of Life in Transgender Individuals
Jaclyn M. White Hughto
and
Sari L. Reisner
Published Online:1 Jan 2016https://doi.org/10.1089/trgh.2015.0008

https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/full/10.1089/trgh.2015.0008

From your linked article.

Conclusions: Hormone therapy interventions to improve the mental health and quality of life in transgender people with gender dysphoria have not been evaluated in controlled trials. Low quality evidence suggests that hormone therapy may lead to improvements in psychological functioning. Prospective controlled trials are needed to investigate the effects of hormone therapy on the mental health of transgender people.

As I said, I assume . . . or maybe I shouldn't, that you have conclusive evidence for this. Please share.

Ellen Brown

That is extremely offensive and just highlights your profound ignorance! Don't you have any real knowledge of Genetic Science? I've come into MDs who were very disappointing.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
That is extremely offensive and just highlights your profound ignorance! Don't you have any real knowledge of Genetic Science? I've come into MDs who were very disappointing.

I'm rather quite familiar with Mendelian genetics. I also know a bit about genetic coding.

Last edited:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
From your linked article.

Conclusions: Hormone therapy interventions to improve the mental health and quality of life in transgender people with gender dysphoria have not been evaluated in controlled trials. Low quality evidence suggests that hormone therapy may lead to improvements in psychological functioning. Prospective controlled trials are needed to investigate the effects of hormone therapy on the mental health of transgender people.
As I said, I assume . . . or maybe I shouldn't, that you have conclusive evidence for this. Please share.

Right now, there's weak and inconclusive evidence that hormone therapy does make people identify with their biologically assigned sex. However, additional studies more often than not do reach the same results and conclusions as preliminary studies have shown.

Jumi

A Systematic Review of the Effects of Hormone Therapy on Psychological Functioning and Quality of Life in Transgender Individuals

https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/full/10.1089/trgh.2015.0008
That research is actually doing the opposite of what you suggested above, if I understood you right. Male-to-female getting estrogen therapy to rightfully feel feminine, etc.

Ellen Brown

That research is actually doing the opposite of what you suggested above, if I understood you right. Male-to-female getting estrogen therapy to rightfully feel feminine, etc.

I can say that my AIS body responded happily to Estrogen. I never actually looked like a male, rather I was quite androgynous and was often thought to be gay. Why should anyone make judgments at all. Why not just let people be who they are. The alternative would be to either murder us or help us to end our lives.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

A person with an XX chromosome is female; if this female feels like a man, then this could be due to a deficiency of estrogen. A person with an XY chromosome is male, if this male feels like a female, then this could be due to a deficiency of testosterone.

Tiberius

XX chromosome is female, XY chromosome is male.

Firstly, we are not talking about what equipment a person has between their legs. We are talking about their sense of self, which does not always match the genetics that determine what equipment they have.

Secondly, there are many other chromosome arrangements apart from XX and XY.

"Humans, as well as some other organisms, can have a rare chromosomal arrangement that is contrary to their phenotypic sex; for example, XX males or XY gonadal dysgenesis (see androgen insensitivity syndrome). Additionally, an abnormal number of sex chromosomes (aneuploidy) may be present, such as Turner's syndrome, in which a single X chromosome is present, and Klinefelter's syndrome, in which two X chromosomes and a Y chromosome are present, XYY syndrome and XXYY syndrome.[4] Other less common chromosomal arrangements include: triple X syndrome, 48, XXXX, and 49, XXXXX."

XY sex-determination system - Wikipedia

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Firstly, we are not talking about what equipment a person has between their legs. We are talking about their sense of self, which does not always match the genetics that determine what equipment they have.

Secondly, there are many other chromosome arrangements apart from XX and XY.

"Humans, as well as some other organisms, can have a rare chromosomal arrangement that is contrary to their phenotypic sex; for example, XX males or XY gonadal dysgenesis (see androgen insensitivity syndrome). Additionally, an abnormal number of sex chromosomes (aneuploidy) may be present, such as Turner's syndrome, in which a single X chromosome is present, and Klinefelter's syndrome, in which two X chromosomes and a Y chromosome are present, XYY syndrome and XXYY syndrome.[4] Other less common chromosomal arrangements include: triple X syndrome, 48, XXXX, and 49, XXXXX."

XY sex-determination system - Wikipedia

I realize there are persons with chromosomal abnormalities; however, if an XY chromosome man feels like a woman, then this isn't due to a chromosomal abnormality, his transgenderism could be due to a deficiency of testosterone. If an XX chromosome female feels like a man, then this isn't due to a chromosomal abnormality, her transgenderism could be due to a deficiency of estrogen. Right?

Ellen Brown

I am XXY, Non Kleinfelter's, AIS and I didn't have a lot more money to find out what else. There are thousands of other combinations. I feel extremely emotional about this issue because I'm just trying to live my life, and people who don't know much condemn me.

Jumi

Often. Though one can be XX and be male and even feel like male, even one accepted by fundies with no operations. XX males without SRY gene and with infertility: Case report

A person with an XX chromosome is female; if this female feels like a man, then this could be due to a deficiency of estrogen.
Could be, if they don't have gender dysphoria, which means that is a completely different thing than transgender. The research you linked was talking not about that, but transgender. It said that males who have gender dysphoria are helped by estrogen and it makes their bodies more like how they feel. So you might not want to use that research as "proof" of your opinions being right.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I can say that my AIS body responded happily to Estrogen. I never actually looked like a male, rather I was quite androgynous and was often thought to be gay. Why should anyone make judgments at all. Why not just let people be who they are. The alternative would be to either murder us or help us to end our lives.
Transgenderism is very foreign to most and as a result rather threatening to some individuals. The good news is that education can help and you are more likely be accepted for who you are than at any time in the past. Granted, it is far from perfect, but there is hope that transgenderred individuals will not be the targets for abuse that they have been in the past.

Skwim

Veteran Member
There is quite a ruction presently in that there are Mental Health Patients who feel that practitioners and drug companies have taken unfair advantage of them. This includes so called Transgender folk. My own personal experience has been with Male to Female folk, and in the 20 or so years that I have been involved with the situation, I have tried to warn off those who have approached me and to help them make sure they explore other options before transitioning. Conservative religious folk have the largest influence on the suicide rate, I feel, and they don't appear to care, allowing their magical thinking to run completely amok.

In the late 70s, it was thought that I had GID (Gender Identity Dysphoria), when the truth was likely that I was dealing with childhood abuse issues severe enough to call it PTSD (They did not have the term then). Those who are old enough will remember that abuse issues were ignored. Effeminate boys were beaten or murdered. I lived through that, and by the time I was 12 I hated males and hated being one. Many years later I was told I was XXY and some stuff like AIS and so on. I was never gay, but was raped after I ran away to escape the beatings.

I survived going through school by being a loner and making jokes, earning the scorn of my classmates.

I think the suicide rate shown in the article is low, or it climbs once the subject gets into adulthood to +40%. Where I live most of those around me are at least civil, and I am thankful that I survived to almost retirement before the Transgender machine got ahold of me. Thankfully, because of various issues no one seems to know unless I tell them. In my case, I think it would have been better to be treated for the PTSD and forget the GID treatment.

CONCLUSION: There are lots of youth who naturally do not conform to gender norms and are thought to be gay or lesbians, when if they were simply left alone and nurtured could very well prove to be just in the middle of the gender divide, remaining living in their birth phenotype. I have some hope that one day our culture will realize this.

I've been so bluntly frank because I feel safe here, and there is little to lose.
Thank you for your openness and candor. While I can't identify with your circumstance, you have my sympathy and admiration for making it through what was obviously an extremely difficult time. :thumbsup:

Last edited: