• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Sun revolves the Earth!

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
Exactly.
The same thing with the gravity of the center of our galaxy, it controls the movements of the sun
as well as the other planets including earth.

Yes. So the sun orbits the galactic Centre (the entire solar system does, in fact). What's that got to do with the sun orbiting the earth?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Yes. So the sun orbits the galactic Centre (the entire solar system does, in fact). What's that got to do with the sun orbiting the earth?

It implies that earth moves the same way as the sun does the same as Jupiter does ...etc,
all are controlled by the gravity of the center of our galaxy.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
It implies that earth moves the same way as the sun does the same as Jupiter does ...etc,
all are controlled by the gravity of the center of our galaxy.

No. Gravity is (relatively speaking) a local phenomena. While the greatest source of gravity in the galaxy is the galactic core, its influence on the earth is negligible compared to the the gravitational affect of the Sun (millions of times stronger) That's why we orbit the sun as it orbits the galactic core.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
No. Gravity is (relatively speaking) a local phenomena. While the greatest source of gravity in the galaxy is the galactic core, its influence on the earth is negligible compared to the the gravitational affect of the Sun (millions of times stronger) That's why we orbit the sun as it orbits the galactic core.

How the galactic center controls the sun and not earth and not pluto?

s13ep

Implying because it's negligible it's insignificant.

Further, I guess that's the same reason why teachers indoctrinate children.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
How the galactic center controls the sun and not earth and not pluto?

It does, just not as much as the sun does because gravity is a local phenomena.

It's like if you put two magnets and (one strong and one weaker) in a line a distance away from each other, and then put a piece of metal relatively close to the weaker magnet.

The piece of metal will attract to the weaker magnet (despite there being a stronger one) even though that same magnet is pulled toward the stronger magnet.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
It does, just not as much as the sun does because gravity is a local phenomena.

It's like if you put two magnets and (one strong and one weaker) in a line a distance away from each other, and then put a piece of metal relatively close to the weaker magnet.

The piece of metal will attract to the weaker magnet (despite there being a stronger one) even though that same magnet is pulled toward the stronger magnet.

With this logic then Pluto should orbit Neptune and not the sun.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
Because I'm negligible?

Because you're trying to back people into corners they can't get out of using intentional logical fallacies and (fair enough) actual debating skills. You're one of the better trolls I've seen, but a troll nonetheless.

s13ep

Well, Hero, be assured I'm not negligible, in fact, only the word I use is. You're free to neglect my word by generating negativity in close range.

In actuality, I'm a man who is very strong willed and your negativity would be soon outweighed by my positivity.

s13ep

On the contrary to you then who is a serious man.

Some of the quotes I like from you are: "troll" "you're a troll" and "I'm convinced you're a troll". The emphasis in the last quote is a game changer.

I'm defeated, truly.

Because you're trying to back people into corners they can't get out of using intentional logical fallacies and (fair enough) actual debating skills. You're one of the better trolls I've seen, but a troll nonetheless.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
No. Because Neptune doesn't generate nearly enough gravity.

Oh I give up. You may return to the 11th century from whence you came.

You're contradicting your own self, the problem is in memorizing and that's the reason
that real scientists are few in numbers.

You only memorize and that'll prevent you from thinking out of the box, so stay in.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
No. Because Neptune doesn't generate nearly enough gravity.

Oh I give up. You may return to the 11th century from whence you came.

Just trying to let you think.

How the moon orbits earth while not Pluto orbiting Neptune?
Does the sun effect on the moon weaker than its effect on Pluto?
Better for you to give up.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Just trying to let you think.

How the moon orbits earth while not Pluto orbiting Neptune?
Does the sun effect on the moon weaker than its effect on Pluto?
Better for you to give up.
Average distance between Earth and Moon is less than 250,000 miles. The moon is inside the Earth's gravity well and therefore only slightly affected by the Sun. Together, however, they orbit inside the sun's gravity well.

Average distance between Neptune and Pluto is hundreds of millions of miles. Their orbits have a resonance period that keeps them apart, and the effect of the sun is greater on both of them than Neptune's effect on Pluto--thus, they remain in orbit around the sun.

The earth and moon, Neptune, Pluto and other planets, asteroids, dwarf planets, comets etc. are inside the Sun's gravity well, and thus are little affected by the center of the galaxy, other stars in the area, etc.

It would help if you would actually learn something about gravity, physics, etc.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Indeed. I'll never get through to you. You have no understanding of physics, and no desire to. Just a desire to be correct.

What was it Michel De Montaigne said again?

Lol, many are reading it but they're still not changed.
That's why i used it as my signature.

You said the sun's gravitational forces on Pluto overcome that of Neptune and
hence Pluto orbits the sun, but how your explanation works while the sun
can't control the earth's moon which rotates around earth and not the sun.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Lol, many are reading it but they're still not changed.
That's why i used it as my signature.

You said the sun's gravitational forces on Pluto overcome that of Neptune and
hence Pluto orbits the sun, but how your explanation works while the sun
can't control the earth's moon which rotates around earth and not the sun.
The moons of other planets also orbit those planets, because they are close to those planets--including the moons of Neptune. The distance between the planets (and Neptune and Dwarf Planet Pluto) are hundreds to millions of times further than the distance between the sun and the moons of those planets. All the planets orbit the sun; the moons/satellites orbit the planets, which orbit the sun. The sun, in turn, orbits with all the other stars in the galaxy around the center of the galaxy. Orbits within orbits within orbits.

The nearest stars are many light-years away, thousands of times farther than the distance between the sun and the planets. The Center of the galaxy is about 26,000 light-years away, thousands of times more distant than the nearest stars.

edited to correct mistake.