• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Sumerians and the 3 divine religions

Yahya310

Here is proof that the Sumerians were a religious people, unlike what many others believe in saying that they were "the creators of religion" because they knew of stories from the unseen, such as the story of the flood, sin, the afterlife, heaven, hell, etc.

In this series, we debunk many myths of what archaeologists have said regarding the first civilization known to man, from a religious perspective like never before seen. So dont miss out, you will be surprised!

Here is part 1, watch in HD for best quality.
*There are also different languages to choose from subtitles. Enjoy!

[youtube]ncmSJrYPE_w[/youtube]
The Epic of Gilgamesh - The First Berth - YouTube

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Here is proof that the Sumerians were a religious people, unlike what many others believe ...
What "many others"? I have been on these forums for quite some time and have never seen a single person arguing the "the Sumerians" were not a religious people (whatever that means). I have, however, seen many folks show up to proudly pummel straw men. :yes:

Jaskaran Singh

Divosūnupriyaḥ
Gilgamesh Video said:
"I chose Sumer and Akkad because it is historically, archaeologically, and religiously proven than Noah (peace be upon him) and Abraham (peace be upon him) are from here..."

Where's the "proof" though? If we haven't found any proof for "Moshe," I find it highly unlikely that we're going to find proof for Noach of all people. :facepalm: I can say that flying unicorns are scientifically proven, but if I don't have proof, then what's the point?

Last edited:

Yahya310

What "many others"? I have been on these forums for quite some time and have never seen a single person arguing the "the Sumerians" were not a religious people (whatever that means). I have, however, seen many folks show up to proudly pummel straw men. :yes:

Meaning the consensus, or those who do not believe in God, like most archaeologists who discovered and studied the sumerian clay tablets.

You are Jewish though, so you would understand what I mean :)

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Meaning the consensus, or those who do not believe in God, like most archaeologists who discovered and studied the sumerian clay tablets.
Quote a single 'consensus' archaeologist who claimed that the Sumerians were not a religious people.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I did a several day unit on the Sumerians in my anthropology class, and they were very much religious, with so many of our religious customs existing and undoubtedly being passed on by them.

Jaskaran Singh

Divosūnupriyaḥ
I did a several day unit on the Sumerians in my anthropology class, and they were very much religious, with so many of our religious customs existing and undoubtedly being passed on by them.

Was there ever any major ancient society that was not religious to some degree?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Was there ever any major ancient society that was not religious to some degree?

None since written history began. We even see quite solid evidence that at least some Neanderthal had religious beliefs based on how they buried the bodies and with what. The Soviet and Albanian governments tried to eradicate religion in the mid 1900's
but failed dismally.

Jaskaran Singh

Divosūnupriyaḥ
Not the Muslim, rather the Abrahamic twist on Sumerian mythology
********, this is definitely a Islamic telling, and a sectarian one at that. Look at video 4, it's as if it were made to troll Sunni Muslims. Seriously, it involves "Adam" sending lanat on one of the Sahabas and what not. I don't believe that most Abrahamic "prophets" exist and even I can tell that could be viewed as offensive, :rolleyes::
[youtube]boYoShxBhyU[/youtube]
The Epic of Gilgamesh - The Fourth Berth part 2 - YouTube

Last edited:

Yahya310

********, this is definitely a Islamic telling, and a sectarian one at that. Look at video 4, it's as if it were made to troll Sunni Muslims. Seriously, it involves "Adam" sending lanat on one of the Sahabas and what not. I don't believe that most Abrahamic "prophets" exist and even I can tell that could be viewed as offensive, :rolleyes::
[youtube]boYoShxBhyU[/youtube]
The Epic of Gilgamesh - The Fourth Berth part 2 - YouTube

Just so you know, according to the Islamic tradition, the Sahaba who is being cursed by Adam in the text is an individual who kills the master of the youth of paradise. So no trolling involved, only Islamic proof.

And I mentioned Abrahamic because it is believed that the Sumerians were the creators of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Just so you know, according to the Islamic tradition, the Sahaba who is being cursed by Adam in the text is an individual who kills the master of the youth of paradise. So no trolling involved, only Islamic proof.

And I mentioned Abrahamic because it is believed that the Sumerians were the creators of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

Weren't the Sumerians polytheistic (which would be "shirk")?

Sumerian religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Here is proof that the Sumerians were a religious people

Who says that there is no proof that the Sumerians were a religious people?

unlike what many others believe in saying that they were "the creators of religion" because they knew of stories from the unseen, such as the story of the flood, sin, the afterlife, heaven, hell, etc.

Don't many ancient religions have the above?

In this series, we debunk many myths of what archaeologists have said...

What are these myths?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس

Abraham of Chaldea is associated with the three branches of Abrahamic religions, not really Sumer. Sumerian, Akaddian, Assyrian, etc. (Mespotamian), are associated with the later Persian religions.