• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Sugar thread

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Do you like sugar?
I do.:p
I like sweets so I like very sugared things.
And I use all kinds of sugar: white sugar, cane sugar...powder sugar.
So tell me: what's your favorite sugar?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Raw cane for preference, various white sugars for baking.

But... This comes with a big but. My last blood test showed high blood sugar so i have to cut down. I no longer have sugar (or caramel) in my coffee and have reduced sugar by about 1/2 in baking... No one has noticed yet ;-)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you like sugar?
And I use all kinds of sugar: white sugar, cane sugar...powder sugar.

My middle son digs in the bag of sugar and will eat it plain, and I scold him and move him along...

But when no one's looking, I totally eat chunks of palm sugar. :(

I so love palm sugar.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Raw cane for preference, various white sugars for baking.

But... This comes with a big but. My last blood test showed high blood sugar so i have to cut down. I no longer have sugar (or caramel) in my coffee and have reduced sugar by about 1/2 in baking... No one has noticed yet ;-)

I've heard replacing sugar with honey (even in backing) is a healthier alternative.

Vitality

I try to avoid sugar and things with added sugar as much as possible because I have periodontitis. Aside from tooth decay, I simply can’t stand how the film sugary food leaves on my teeth feels. This includes pastas and bread based foods. That said, I made candied bacon for my beau and I this morning and it was very tasty.

As a child I was more or less addicted to sugar. My favorite thing was eating straight brownie batter without eggs. Made a point to overcome the sugar cravings as an adult. I don’t get cravings much these days, but I keep dark salted caramel chocolates in my fridge for an occasional post meal treat. I usually only have one. Any other time I splurge is typically related to social gatherings and holidays. Or if I happen to eat at a chinese buffet with tiramisu mmmmmm

My beau likes to have small sips of coke with meals, which I have started doing since we began dating four years ago. There is something about it that makes a meal feel complete. I only do that when we eat together though, which is mostly on weekends with occasional midweek dinners.

How’s my oversharing? lol

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm not big on sugar anymore.

Greatly reduced my intake but I still like honey in my tea.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Do you like sugar?
I knew you liked sugar
#MeToo...Jaggery, Palmsugar, Honey, Agave

I tested the different impact on my Bloodsugar...raw "blue agave" had zero impact, all the others still raised it quite a bit. Cooked Agave raised bloodsugar a lot compared to raw

Oh, and I like white chocolate and white creamy ice and well anything sweet I like. If I could eat salt I would eat less sweet

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I like honey and maple syrup most. Maple syrup especially. It's great drizzled on sausage and bacon as they finish cooking. It's yum in English Breakfast tea. It's a perfect sweet to hold together an earthy, nutty treat. Even straight sips are yum. It's so good that even sips of the pre-syrup sap is a traditional thing to do, lmao.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
This may be long but a dietitian posted this video explaining different types of sugar

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I like honey and maple syrup most. Maple syrup especially. It's great drizzled on sausage and bacon as they finish cooking. It's yum in English Breakfast tea. It's a perfect sweet to hold together an earthy, nutty treat. Even straight sips are yum. It's so good that even sips of the pre-syrup sap is a traditional thing to do, lmao.

Let me understand.
You put maple syrup (sweet) on meat (salty).
Please...tell me you are joking...

Vitality

Yesss maple syrup for on bacon and sausage is the best. I don’t eat fast food very often, but the waffle griddle from Burger King is so good.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There's only one!
OIP.y0bDyq63dfzUEKJGhOzjQwHaF1