• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'The spell'

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Candles are lit, incense burning... The Priest stands before the alter. A substance in the chalice.. He raises the chalice to the air, chanting... Turning what's in the chalice to blood... One by one, men, women and children drink the blood.... A Wiccan rite? A Pagan ritual?.. Neither.. It's part of the Catholic Eucarist. There is not much difference between the 2. Just your brought up beliefs. :D

Mike182

Flaming Queer
i was reading an article about the rise of gothic christian culture in churches, and it said something similar to that :bounce

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Maybe this is why I felt the Catholic Church was ok.
They play the same way I do lol.​
Good thoughts though.... and once again they have a better altar than I do :eek:

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Evenstar said:
Maybe this is why I felt the Catholic Church was ok.
They play the same way I do lol.​
Good thoughts though.... and once again they have a better altar than I do :eek:
Honey, our taxes will be back in a couple weeks. I'll buy you a nice alter. ;)

turk179

I smell something....
I come from an entire family of Catholics. Even though what you say is true my mom would probably pass out if she tried to look at it that way:biglaugh:.

Scott1

jeffrey said:
Candles are lit, incense burning... The Priest stands before the alter. A substance in the chalice.. He raises the chalice to the air, chanting... Turning what's in the chalice to blood... One by one, men, women and children drink the blood.... A Wiccan rite? A Pagan ritual?.. Neither.. It's part of the Catholic Eucarist. There is not much difference between the 2. Just your brought up beliefs. :D
In pagan/wiccan rites, what changes the substance in the chalice to blood?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Scott1 said:
In pagan/wiccan rites, what changes the substance in the chalice to blood?
Who said it does? I merely pointing out how some people view 'Pagans and Wiccans', when, in fact, the practice described was Catholic, NOT Pagan. And in reality, the wine never changes to blood.

Scott1

jeffrey said:
Who said it does?
Me... at least in the Eucharist.... just trying to learn about what you folks believe.
I merely pointing out how some people view 'Pagans and Wiccans', when, in fact, the practice described was Catholic, NOT Pagan. And in reality, the wine never changes to blood.
Good to know the difference between the two, thanks.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
And if a CW did the same ritual to God, but in his own 'church', own alter, his own chalice, he would be deemed a witch by most.

A

angellous_evangellous

Scott1 said:
Me... at least in the Eucharist.... just trying to learn about what you folks believe.

Good to know the difference between the two, thanks.
What an excellent and insightful posts, Scott. Frubals on your head!

Scott1

jeffrey said:
And if a CW did the same ritual to God, but in his own 'church', own alter, his own chalice, he would be deemed a witch by most.
Umm... forgive my ignorance: I assume a "CW" is a Christian Wicca, yes?... if so then wouldn't "witch" (or some other gender appropriate description) not be an appropriate term this person would use to describe him/her self?

... and since you already established that "the wine never changes to blood." this would be a neat trick, yes.

Thanks for the help.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Scott, Yes a CW means Christian/Wiccan but NOT all Wiccans would like to call them self a witch.
Some in this forum would like to disagree but not all use witchcraft either.​

Scott1

Evenstar said:
Scott, Yes a CW means Christian/Wiccan but NOT all Wiccans would like to call them selfs a witch.
Some in this forum would like to disagree but not all use witchcraft either.​
Ok... starting to get it.. piece by piece... thanks for the help.

I must say, it does seem like a rip-off to be a CW and not use witchcraft... what's the fun in that? :)

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Scott1 said:
Ok... starting to get it.. piece by piece... thanks for the help.

I must say, it does seem like a rip-off to be a CW and not use witchcraft... what's the fun in that? :)
LOL! Its more about your spiritual path, I enjoy my path, and also do rituals for self improvement.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
You misunderstood. Not all Wiccans practice witchcraft. And most have a misconception of witchcraft anyways. The Wiccan part that I like is the love and peace with nature. To appreciate God's earth. Most believe in 2 Gods or more, but some only one. Myself, Christ is God.

Scott1

jeffrey said:
You misunderstood. Not all Wiccans practice witchcraft.
That's pretty clear to me now.
The Wiccan part that I like is the love and peace with nature.
And this is absent in Christianity? ... or what is unique to Wicca about the love and peace with nature that you find lacking in Christianity's claim that God is the creator of all living things etc...?
Most believe in 2 Gods or more, but some only one. Myself, Christ is God.
I guess I don't understand where the "Wiccan" part comes in... but maybe your answer to my previous question will help me understand.

Thanks again,
Scott

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
There isn't the 'you must believe in this' with Wicca. I can take parts of the Catholic beliefs and part of my own beliefs to find the path I feel I need to follow. I love the Catholic Bible. Easiest to read ever. I can believe in Christ and say I think the O.T. is not entirely correct, and not get questioned. More on this thought in a minute.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Look at Turk and Bex tonight. Can discuss different views without the questioning about how one's right and the other's wrong. Following your own path. Look at the bickering and pettiness that sometimes goes on in this forum, sometimes in the same faith. Except for 2 people that did not like the term CW, you won't find that. Respecting each other's path. Scott, you would make a great Wiccan. ;)

Scott1

jeffrey said:
Respecting each other's path. Scott, you would make a great Wiccan. ;)
Thanks, I guess... but "Catholicism is characterized by a radical openness to all truth and to every value".... I thought you knew.​

.... and I still can't figure out what a Wicca is... no one can provide an answer... BTW a person does not follow their "own path" by becoming Wiccan (or Catholic, or anything for that matter).... maybe Wiccan is more of a (vague) desription of certain spiritual traits as opposed to defining "membership" in a certain sect.

One more time:
jeffrey said:
The Wiccan part that I like is the love and peace with nature.
And this is absent in Christianity? ... or what is unique to Wicca about the love and peace with nature that you find lacking in Christianity's claim that God is the creator of all living things etc...?