• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The sick concept of Eternal hell suffering.

Sees

Dragonslayer
...... A myth is a progressive realization of story telling that occurs naturally through human intellect(no matter how primitive) and coincides with culture, religion, ethics and societal norms.
The Bible as all religious texts are myths and only relevant to the reader, myths are esoteric and due to this they inspire and give us insight into unthinkable matters.

Myth is greater than truth.

It does, because it is a copy from the Epic of Gilgamesh in many particular ways and being a self professed Wathani revivalist I have no issues with this......

:yes:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة

It seems that me and you are in the same boat here as I find the usage of the word myth int he correct context to be a appraisal of a fine piece of literature or story. My favorite compilation of myths is the Tawrah and the Qur'an. I have always viewed the Qur'an as a more complete and definitive version of the Tawrah while the Qur'an is a more theologically structured exegeses of the Tanakh with more clear pagan viewpoints.

If you can get over religious doctrines and concepts you can read many religious texts as the myths they originally were before absolutism sank in.

Sees

Dragonslayer
It seems that me and you are in the same boat here as I find the usage of the word myth int he correct context to be a appraisal of a fine piece of literature or story. My favorite compilation of myths is the Tawrah and the Qur'an. I have always viewed the Qur'an as a more complete and definitive version of the Tawrah while the Qur'an is a more theologically structured exegeses of the Tanakh with more clear pagan viewpoints.

If you can get over religious doctrines and concepts you can read many religious texts as the myths they originally were before absolutism sank in.

To me the funny thing with myths is that, of the many things which they are, literal history isn't one of them. And it's almost as if for some folks finding the right religion includes primarily discovering which tradition has true history in the stories. It is shockingly, persistently missing the whole point. Even in more ancient times the learned people within traditions knew stories were mostly allegorical...whole lot of symbolism, common wisdom, esoteric stuff, etc. placed within a campfire story.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
But you just stated the a moral law that was created by other people. How do you know this moral law is from god?

If god has a morality on the basis of equality why doe she require us to kill animals and destroy vegetation to survive? This deity has created animals that hunt and kill each other in an unfair manner and has made humans to sit on the ladder of judgement and bless us with dominion over many of our surroundings.

This moral set of rules is obviously not from god

I'm confused?
God created Man as a species.
No law, no restriction, no names, no garden.

That came later in Chapter Two.

Chemistry has rules.
You don't like them?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You are a confused person :facepalm:. The statements you made below are what make me say this...

A myth is a progressive realization of story telling that occurs naturally through human intellect(no matter how primitive) and coincides with culture, religion, ethics and societal norms.
The Bible as all religious texts are myths and only relevant to the reader, myths are esoteric and due to this they inspire and give us insight into unthinkable matters.

Myth is greater than truth.

It does, because it is a copy from the Epic of Gilgamesh in many particular ways and being a self professed Wathani revivalist I have no issues with this.

I have kept asserting the exact opposite this whole time, do you seriously just ignore everything people write? I have a feeling this is a bad habit of yours.

I assert that all actions conceivable are divine. Panendeism for the win

:thud:

The event happened....here we are.
Someone had to be first.
The alledged myth may have terms that sound fantastic but...a little consideration and the whole thing falls into place.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian

BTW...I for one don't have a religion.

Muffled

Jesus in me
There is NO reality about heaven or hell as there is no evidence to support the existence of an afterlife. Jesus might have believed in it, but he knew no more about the topic than any other human before or since.

I believe Jesus knew well enough about the afterlife to raise Lazarus from the dead.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Reality? Do Jews believe in the Christian devil and hell? Are Jewish spiritual teachings The Truth? I know, to a Christian the "OT" is the Truth, but what Jews believe is not, right? And then, which Christian truth? Catholics, Protestant, JW's? Which one is right? The different ways Christianity is believed and taught causes all of them to be suspect. Why believe any of them are true, if they, themselves, can't agree?

Plus, we have second hand and third hand sources telling us what Jesus said and what is true? What if they got it wrong? What if Jesus was talking about hell in a symbolic way? Since all people "sin" then only those that truly believed in Jesus get saved? Then we need to make concessions for those that lived before Jesus. Was Abraham perfect and sinless? How about David? Do we make concessions for children or the people in places that lived and died before ever hearing of Jesus?

Anyway, there's too many questions that can't be answered adequately by Christians. But a big question is, how does any Christian know they aren't one of the "lukewarm", since most Christians don't seem to be doing and living a NT "Christian" lifestyle. So that makes Christians themselves a good reason not to believe, the old "hypocritical" excuse. Which is a good one. If Christian don't believe it strongly enough to obey Jesus' commands, why should I?

I don't believe belief is a good test of reality. There are many people who believe in false things.

A logical person should be able to detect a logical argument and recognize a fallacious argument.

I believe we have first hand sources even if it is second hand sources doing the writing.

The Paraclete would tell me.

I believe those people also lived after Jesus by being reborn.

I believe it is your best interest.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe that the punishment in Hell is directly proportionate to the sins we committed on earth.

I would like to believe that but I don't have any reason to believe it. I believe re-incarnation can fulfill that kind of punishment but not Hell.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
To me the funny thing with myths is that, of the many things which they are, literal history isn't one of them. And it's almost as if for some folks finding the right religion includes primarily discovering which tradition has true history in the stories. It is shockingly, persistently missing the whole point. Even in more ancient times the learned people within traditions knew stories were mostly allegorical...whole lot of symbolism, common wisdom, esoteric stuff, etc. placed within a campfire story.

Myths are essentially subjective truths or history. Yes the events happened but not the way describe dint he the myth.

The mythos though is not a fabrication of objective truths or events though. Myths are just truths with the added benefit of symbolism, allegory, entertainment and theology mixed into them.

The Qur'an is a perfect example of this. Notice how the Qur'an states many times that Allah has created the mountains, skies, earth and mankind. The Qur'an repetitively calls objectives truths and objects miracles. It is a way of expression which benefits ritual. Ritualism as you know it is extremely important also in human lives.