• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The shifting membership of RF

How would you describe yourself?

• Total voters

Scott C.

Just one guy
The big thing about that definition that I noticed is that it seems to assume that your church's beliefs are incorrect: if your church's origin is Joseph Smith in 1830, this implies that its origin isn't Lehi in 600 BC or Mormon in the 4th century.

Yes, but I'm ok saying that our church had it's beginnings with Joseph Smith. That is when The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was started. I don't expect a dictionary to say that our church started with Adam and Eve, which is really what we believe.

Scott C.

Just one guy
Plus it says nothing at all about the teachings of Christ. And, you know, since the dictionary definition of the words involved is all you need to know about any given topic, I guess that means Mormons can't be Christians.

Yes, it would be nice if the definition said "accept the Book or Mormon as a divine revelation of Jesus Christ."

Alceste

Vagabond
Yes, it would be nice if the definition said "accept the Book or Mormon as a divine revelation of Jesus Christ."

But it doesn't, so if I' want to follow Katzpur's lead, I'll have to keep true to the dictionary and say Mormons aren't Christians. Does that sound right to you? Doesn't to me. But anyway, I hope my point is made. No need to keep banging on about it.