• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The science of astrology.

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
Astrology is a subject I have little interest in or know much about but I know that some types of astrology place great importance on the moon and sun and also the earth , with the stars being secondary, so called rational people think its hogwash, but I think that penetrative radiation that enters the body could have subtle influences on the DNA of developing embryos.The unique patterns of specific times and palces causing bigger differences later on.Any constructive ponderings on this idea would be much appreciated, or realistic criticism.

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
OK no takers for the subtle effects of waves/rays....so what about the gravitational effects on the water within the womb and within cells and their contents? perhaps the earth moon system has and effect on the building shape of the DNA strands?

Also----- Transgenerational Herbalism & Epigenomics

(also any serious scientists out there don't let the word "astrology " put you off, in fact it may be nbest to ignore it completely.

well when dna is still single strands its ofcourse posible that it could be influenced by the moon or the sun, but the influence is not that great if the dna is numerous already, combine that with subtle diffrences to begin with and it doesn't leave you with a whole lot to work with

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
well when dna is still single strands its ofcourse posible that it could be influenced by the moon or the sun, but the influence is not that great if the dna is numerous already, combine that with subtle diffrences to begin with and it doesn't leave you with a whole lot to work with

This subltey is a puzzle for me regarding the moons influence because it is said that it can affect mollusc shell growth for instance, and even the interior of the earth, why is the DNA within cells an exception?

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
Also if you consider the science used to predict local tides, due to earth, sun and moon influences, is this much removed from a scientific aproach to astrology?

Peggy Anne

Deist Aries
I am an astrologer. The solar system has an effect on us. The moon absolutely does. I encourage anyone with an interest in the subject to study it. Don't let it overwhelm you with the complexities. Keep it simple. I am an Aries. We never want to stop learning, and we are pioneers. I don't even bother with die hard skeptics. I used to be one. Then, I had my chart done.

intrepidlover

I am an astrologer. The solar system has an effect on us. The moon absolutely does. I encourage anyone with an interest in the subject to study it. Don't let it overwhelm you with the complexities. Keep it simple. I am an Aries. We never want to stop learning, and we are pioneers. I don't even bother with die hard skeptics. I used to be one. Then, I had my chart done.
I am also an Aries. Thank you for the compliments.:)

I know enough about astrology to believe that it is a fairly exact science if fully understood. In contrast to the popular sun-sun guide to compatibility in relationships, I have followed the conclusion arrived at by Carl Jung after studying 400 couples. It is a sun-moon association that determines durable relationships between members of the opposite sex.

Although I have never studied astrology in any detail, I can recall the sun sign of every girl with whom I have had some kind of relationship. My moon is in Virgo and the sun signs that have proved most favourable for a relationship are the earth signs -- Virgo, Taurus and Capricorn. There has been only one exception -- the girl was a Scorpio -- but I suspect there was a lot of "earth" in her horoscope to make up the necessary compatibility.

Just by the way I have noticed other patterns -- I am most likely to have platonic relationships with girls of fire sign -- Aries, Leo, Sagittarius -- intellectual rapport with girls of water sign -- Pisces, Cancer, Scorpio -- and if the girl is an air sign, I might as well not bother to get to know her. There is a communication barrier.

HonestJoe

but I think that penetrative radiation that enters the body could have subtle influences on the DNA of developing embryos. The unique patterns of specific times and palces causing bigger differences later on.Any constructive ponderings on this idea would be much appreciated, or realistic criticism.
Thinking it could is the very starting point of anything scientific.

It's certainly not impossible for there to be some kind of effect but this would be an on-going process so I'm not sure how significant the relative position of Earth, Moon and Sun at the specific moment of birth could be a useful indicator of that effect, certainly not to the level of detail and accuracy that is typically claimed for Astrology.

To be honest, if you want to look in to such external influencing of human development, I think it should be done independently of any other claims (as far as is possible) to avoid confirmation bias. I suspect it would be a difficult field to investigate though, as you would need to account for all the varied terrestrial influences on human development, many of which could be time dependant (e.g. children born at the end of a cold winter may have subtle differences to children born at the end of a hot summer due to the weather and the different constellations visible at those times being entirely co-incidental).

Libra

In my opinion the constellations are more of a message from a creator. I think Astology is more about an ancient prophecy written in the stars.

But it seams very possible that the moon and even the stars could have an effect on people from their birth and maybe during their entire life.

Last edited: