• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Satanic Temple's sanctioned Capitol Ceremony

Kapalika

Premium Member
Detriot's Chapter had a great speech on the Michigan capitol grounds.

Transcript:

http://thesatanictempledetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Ekphrasis-Ceremony.pdf

Video:

http://www.metrotimes.com/Blogs/arc...nic-temples-state-sanctioned-capitol-ceremony

This is history making. They are the only Satanic group to ever have this much success. It's amazing what you can do when you actually speak and practice your rights as well. If I wasn't so Hindu I'd probably would of joined the TST by now. I'm at the very least a fan of their organization :D

I like how it's clear in the speech that they are not anti-religion, and I've always loved how well they show that you can have religion without belief in the supernatural. While eastern religions have done this for centuries, this is really one of the first western examples you can readily show someone.

It is also good to see that they are active in what they fight for, and don't just wish for freedom for themselves but for a diverse set of views. For too long have other religions been too afraid to be a part of the political process, which has basically allowed the Christian Right to dominate any discussion or law making revolving around religion, government, and community.

Perhaps that will truly start to change. As the speech said:

""It is time for us to put aside our differences and realize that we have a common problem. It matters not if you are a Baptist, a Methodist, a Muslim or the faithless," she said. "To be clear, we are not anti-Christian, and we are not anti-religion. We are anti-degradation. We are anti-oppression."

P.S. This topic is about the event itself and any political/law stuffs around it, not around the validity of any one religion or another, including The Satanic Temple's.

Last edited: