• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Resurrection

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
It’s a marvelous gift from a loving God!

Made possible when Jehovah provided the way for mankind to escape the bondage to imperfection inherited from Adam (ie., sin), and death!

“The way” (John 14:6) for humans to live again, came into existence when Jesus gave his life, to ransom humans. - Matthew 20:28.

Even those who never knew about Jehovah or Jesus, or those who had some knowledge but who’ve been misled by this wicked world - “the unrighteous”, Acts 24:15 - will be given an opportunity to learn about Jehovah and His Son at their resurrection, and express their faith! Or not…

That’s when the judgement will be rendered, not for what they did in the past. They paid for those sins, with their death. Romans 6:7

The Bible reveals that death is likened to a sleep…

Acts 7:60 says Stephen, after being stoned, “fell asleep.” The chapter ends there; it adds nothing else!

Paul, at 1 Corinthians 15:51, wrote “we will not all sleep” (the Greek word Paul used is sleep, not die); but “at the last trumpet” (which corresponds to Christ’s coming or parousia according to 1Thess. 4:15), the “elect”, or “chosen”, will immediately be changed (ie., resurrected to spirit life) “in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye”when they die… no sleeping in death for the chosen who are living at that time!

This is important to understand, because if the dead really aren’t sleeping — “aware of nothing”, Ecclesiastes 9:5 — if they are as some claim ‘living in another realm’, then is no need for the Biblical resurrection: the dead are already alive!

@nPeace , @YoursTrue , @Vee , @URAVIP2ME , what Scriptures (with commentary, if you want) would you guys like to add?
Other Witnesses I missed, please contribute.

And please, let me know if you were able to understand & follow what I was saying… I welcome your clarification.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

Made possible when Jehovah provided the way for mankind to escape the bondage to imperfection inherited from Adam (ie., sin), and death!

“The way” (John 14:6) came into existence when Jesus gave his life, to ransom humans. - Matthew 20:28.

Even those who never knew about Jehovah or Jesus, or those who had some knowledge but who’ve been misled by this wicked world - “the unrighteous”, Acts 24:15 - will be given an opportunity to learn about Jehovah and His Son at their resurrection, and express their faith! Or not…

That’s when the judgement will be rendered, not for what they did in the past. They paid for those sins, with their death. Romans 6:7

Acts 7:60 says Stephen, after being stoned, “fell asleep.” The chapter ends there; it adds nothing else!.

Paul, at 1 Corinthians 15:51, wrote “we will not all sleep” (the Greek word Paul used is sleep, not die); but “at the last trumpet” (which corresponds to Christ’s coming or parousia according to 1Thess. 4:15), the “elect”, or “chosen”, will immediately be changed (ie., resurrected to spirit life) “in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye”when they die… no sleeping in death for the chosen who are living at that time!

This is important to understand, because if the dead really aren’t sleeping — “aware of nothing”, Ecclesiastes 9:5 — if they are as some claim ‘living in another realm’, then is no need for the Biblical resurrection: the dead are already alive!

@nPeace , @YoursTrue , @Vee , @URAVIP2ME , what Scriptures (with commentary, if you want) would you guys like to add?

And please, let me know if you were able to understand & follow what I was saying… I welcome your clarification.
Indeed I appreciate what I learned from Jehovah's Witnesses about the resurrection. Before I studied with them I was lost. Now I realize that God knows everything about us and can put cells together to give us life in the resurrection. I have no dispute or problem with that.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Indeed I appreciate what I learned from Jehovah's Witnesses about the resurrection. Before I studied with them I was lost. Now I that God knows everything about us and can put cells together to give us life in the resurrection. I have no dispute or problem with that.
Of course, not the same cells. Those atoms have long since been absorbed into the surroundings.

But about every seven years, our bodies undergo change; our old cells have died, and have been replaced. Our personality remains the same. (Some parts of our brain keep the same cells, apparently.)

Jesus indicated that even our “hairs are all numbered.” (Luke 12:7) It would be no problem for Jehovah to ‘re-create’ those people. As they were; maybe even younger, years before they died. What gets me, is that their memories will be intact, in order to remember their friends and family!

What joyful reunions there will be.

Who knows, death may come to us before this System ends. But one thing is sure: according to Ecclesiastes 9:6, no one will be resurrected back to life “under the Sun”, ie., life in this System, without Jehovah’s protection, experiencing His Sun-like anger. (See Revelation 7:16,17) Those days will be gone forever!

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Of course, not the same cells. Those atoms have long since been absorbed into the surroundings.

But about every seven years, our bodies undergo change; our old cells have died, and have been replaced. Our personality remains the same. (Some parts of our brain keep the same cells, apparently.)

Jesus indicated that even our “hairs are all numbered.” (Luke 12:7) It would be no problem for Jehovah to ‘re-create’ those people. As they were; maybe even younger, years before they died. What gets me, is that their memories will be intact, in order to remember their friends and family!

What joyful reunions there will be.

Who knows, death may come to us before this System ends. But one thing is sure: no one will be resurrected back to life “under the Sun”, ie., life in this System, without Jehovah’s protection, experiencing His Sun-like anger. (See Revelation 7:16,17) Those days will be gone forever!
I realize we don't need the "same cells" to reactivate our bodies, yet we'll still be ourselves. You mention about every 7 years bodies undergo change, yes, I believe that and was comforted to learn that when I stop smoking my lungs would get better. It was hard for me to stop smoking, but with Jehovah's help, I am happy to say I did it!
How wonderful is the promise of good things to come! :)

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I realize we don't need the "same cells" to reactivate our bodies, yet we'll still be ourselves.
Yes, I know you realized that. I was just thinking of a poster that kept misunderstanding what I said about the physical resurrection…. She thought I meant our *old* bodies would come back. (Yuck!)

YoursTrue

Yes, I know you realized that. I was just thinking of a poster that kept misunderstanding what I said about the physical resurrection…. She thought I meant our *old* bodies would come back. (Yuck!)
That is an interesting thought and because I am not there yet in the resurrection, I can only figure we will have a difference in the makeup. Beyond that I don't go right now because I am also hoping that my arthritic aches and pains will not be imbedded in my body cells.

nPeace

Veteran Member
It truly is a profoundly magnificent gift... which none of us deserve.
Thanks to God's abundant mercy and love, though, we can look forward to living again - not just for a few meager years, but eternal.
Better yet, no one will get sick.. No gray hair and wrinkles either. :D Isaiah 33:24
How thankful for the ransom, we ought to be.

“The way” (John 14:6) for humans to live again, came into existence when Jesus gave his life, to ransom humans. - Matthew 20:28.

Acts 7:60 says Stephen, after being stoned, “fell asleep.” The chapter ends there; it adds nothing else!

I like the powerful scripture the brothers used at John 11.
Jesus explained it when he said Lazarus had gone to rest, and is sleeping. He said he was going to wake him.
Jesus raised Lazarus back to life.
I like the point the brothers made on that... Lazarus obviously was not in heaven.

So, Jesus taught a clear and simple truth - the dead are not alive, active, and alert somewhere, but are, as Solomon said - asleep; unconscious. Ther only hope of life, is resurrection.

nPeace

Veteran Member
That is an interesting thought and because I am not there yet in the resurrection, I can only figure we will have a difference in the makeup. Beyond that I don't go right now because I am also hoping that my arthritic aches and pains will not be imbedded in my body cells.
Don't worry. You won't get your old body back.
s0206.gif

YoursTrue

Don't worry. You won't get your old body back.
s0206.gif
What a relief to be able and energetic.
Thanks to God's abundant mercy and love, though, we can look forward to living again - not just for a few meager years, but eternal.
Better yet, no one will get sick.. No gray hair and wrinkles either. :D Isaiah 33:24

Jesus explained it when he said Lazarus had gone to rest, and is sleeping. He said he was going to wake him.
I like the point the brothers made on that... Lazarus obviously was not in heaven.

So, Jesus taught a clear and simple truth - the dead are not alive, active, and alert somewhere, but are, as Solomon said - asleep; unconscious. Ther only hope of life, is resurrection.
I appreciate the fact that Lazarus did not say, "It was wonderful in heaven!"

YoursTrue

That is true.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

Isaiah 33:24…
” And no resident will say: “I am sick.” The people dwelling in the land will be pardoned for their error.”
…makes an interesting point, by tying in sickness with error.

Once the error is “pardoned”, made possible thru Christ’s sacrifice, then sickness will finally be gone!

Revelation 21:3-5…
With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” 5 And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.”

No pain, no sickness.

And “throne” reminds us of a king sitting in his Kingdom….”Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done on earth.”

Obedient mankind living then, will finally be accepted as perfect human sons & daughters of Jehovah, as He originally intended.

Hope we’ll all be there!

YoursTrue

” And no resident will say: “I am sick.” The people dwelling in the land will be pardoned for their error.”

Once the error is “pardoned”, made possible thru Christ’s sacrifice, then sickness will finally be gone!

With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” 5 And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.”

No pain, no sickness.

And “throne” reminds us of a king sitting in his Kingdom….”Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done on earth.”

Obedient mankind living then, will finally be accepted as perfect human sons & daughters of Jehovah, as He originally intended.

Hope we’ll all be there!
@nPeace also...just thinking how Jesus told his disciples to pray..."let your kingdom come..." How truly wonderful.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
@nPeace also...just thinking how Jesus told his disciples to pray..."let your kingdom come..." How truly wonderful.
Yes! So many have been taught that prayer, but not what it truly means.

“Thy Will be done on earth”… they don’t know what that means, through no fault of their own, because Christendom’s leaders haven’t taught them; most of the current clergy probably don’t know, themselves, because all they’ve learned is about ‘going to Heaven’; Jesus’ statement regarding the ‘meek inheriting the earth’ (Matthew 5:5) is obscured & overshadowed.

The truth about God’s Kingdom & the blessings it will bring mankind really is “good news”! Matthew 24:14

nPeace

Veteran Member

No pain, no sickness.

Hope we’ll all be there!
Right. It would make no sense to go through this; get resurrected; then go through the same thing again.
It's the effects of sin passed on by Adam to his offspring that brings sickness and death.
Once that is removed, no one will be dying from old age. In fact, no one will even mention old age. So if brother Herd wasn't of the heavenly calling, and lived on earth, you would never hear him say, "my back is killing me." :D

Abraham will have a black beard in paradise. Bet you guys didn't picture that. ;)
He'll look like 30 years old, even though he is 2000 years old. Isaiah 65:20

nPeace

Veteran Member
Yes! So many have been taught that prayer, but not what it truly means.

“Thy Will be done on earth”… they don’t know what that means, through no fault of their own, because Christendom’s leaders haven’t taught them; most of the current clergy probably don’t know, themselves, because all they’ve learned is about ‘going to Heaven’; Jesus’ statement regarding the ‘meek inheriting the earth’ (Matthew 5:5) is obscured & overshadowed.

The truth about God’s Kingdom & the blessings it will bring mankind really is “good news”! Matthew 24:14
I was so happy to learn the truth from JWs.
When I understood what the Bible taught about the earth, and how God was fulfilling his original purpose, I wanted to tell everyone.
It was so far from the misleading sermons I had gotten before - "heaven or hell. Choose."
Paradise on earth by means of God's kingdom, certainly is good news.

YoursTrue

I was so happy to learn the truth from JWs.
Me, too. I remember the first conversation I had with Jehovah's Witnesses well. I argued with the couple who came to visit us but I realized after a few words that these were real Christians. I said I would study with them, but I would NEVER BECOME one of Jehovah's Witnesses. She said that would be my decision. I studied and after some time and soul-searching and prayer, I decided to get baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I have never been sorry.
When I understood what the Bible taught about the earth, and how God was fulfilling his original purpose, I wanted to tell everyone.
It was so far from the misleading sermons I had gotten before - "heaven or hell. Choose."
Paradise on earth by means of God's kingdom, certainly is good news.
Absolutely.