• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 'religious' non-religious.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
It's really hard to say. Judaism is a tribal religion. We go to synagogue because we are Jews. How many go to synagogue JUST because they are Jews and they don't believe? I really couldn't say. But I know there are some. I know of an atheist Jew who regularly attends an Orthodox shul. He says he is a Jew first and an atheist second. But remember also that Judaism is a religion of right behavior (orthopraxy) rather than right belief (orthodoxy).

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
In your faith, in your congregation, how many people do you think show up for some other reason than belief? I mean because there is a free lunch, the people are really nice, it's friendly, it's warm, my friends go there, my spouse appreciates it, it's a good place to hook up ... and more. Any reason besides belief.
Everyone who shows up in "my congregations" comes for satsaung (spiritual company) and for collective spiritual practices. The reason is that only initiated people can attend, you can't walk in as an outsider without having learnt at least a beginners version of meditation.