• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Religion of Science

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
MdmSzdWhtGuy said:
Very interesting discussion. Albert Einstein was probably the greatest physisist and mathemetician of his day. This makes his discussions of theology interesting, I suppose, but not necessarily authoritative.

For a more modern example of what I mean here. Michael Jordan was probably the greatest basketball player of his time. Hard to argue with that. However, when he played baseball, he did not have the same level of skill as he displayed in basketball.

Perhaps looking to Albert Einstein for religious answers is similar to looking to Michael Jordan to save your baseball team. Just a thought.

That being said, the subject of religion, is there a god, where did life originate, etc. . . are subjects that obviously plague all the minds of any degree of intellect on the planet. It is very interesting to read what one of the most brillian minds of all time thought on these subjects. I find it somewhat comforting to read that Einstein came to some of the same conclusions on this subject as I have, even tho I think this subject is a bit far afield from his area of expertise. Even going far afield, I think his thoughts are of some value. For instance, even tho he wasn't nearly the baseball player that he was a basketball player, Jordan was probably a better baseball player than anyone reading this post right now. . .

Just a few random thoughts,

B.
Well, that was certainly Jay's stance on this thread.;)

Kowalski

Einstien was as qualified to speak on matters of Religion as any Churchman, because all the Churchmen have is some second hand Jewish books of scripture, which cannot be taken as evidence of anything in particular, apart from the fact that some tribes occupying the land Isreal had some surreal beliefs about God, and them being his choosen people.

Einstein had a fantastic understanding of the the way the universe worked, he was a true visonary and has given us more truths about the nature of Time and Space than the whole sorry meanderings of orthodox dogmatic faiths.

Cheers

K

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Kowalski said:
Einstien was as qualified to speak on matters of Religion as any Churchman, because all the Churchmen have is some second hand Jewish books of scripture, which cannot be taken as evidence of anything in particular, apart from the fact that some tribes occupying the land Isreal had some surreal beliefs about God, and them being his choosen people.

Einstein had a fantastic understanding of the the way the universe worked, he was a true visonary and has given us more truths about the nature of Time and Space than the whole sorry meanderings of orthodox dogmatic faiths.

Cheers

K
You'll forgive me, I hope, for not sharing that point of view. Science and Religion each have their domain - the only connection being that both can be accepted congruently - but, IMO, neither has a place in the others domain.

Fatmop

I wouldn't put such faith in Einstein's philosophy. His words of wisdom are nice things to post up around the classroom, but they aren't especially coherent. Just because he was a great scientist does not mean he is also a great philosopher.

Kowalski

Equally, it doesn't mean he wasn't. Einstein in fact was far better placed to understand than any Churchman or metaphysical philosopher.

Cheers

K

Fatmop

You've said that twice now. At the risk of sounding like I'm back in the first grade, "prove it."