• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Reith Lectures on AI

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Artificial intelligence, particularly machine learning, is going to make life extremely difficult in the near future. More so than it already is at present.

I'm convinced we are headed on a very fast track to dystopia and severe incursions on personal liberty and autonomy.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Artificial intelligence, particularly machine learning, is going to make life extremely difficult in the near future. More so than it already is at present.

I'm convinced we are headed on a very fast track to dystopia and severe incursions on personal liberty and autonomy.
Perhaps only if we let it, and fail to make our views count - leaving it to those we elect or just in power because of their wealth. As mentioned in this lecture and no doubt further ones, one issue we will have is in the values that any AI inevitably take on as they become more sophisticated, and as to whether they align with whatever some want over others - especially when it is unlikely we will get some universal agreement as to such. The influence of religions might be one area where such conflicts will show themselves.