• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The reasons of abortions: why women have abortions

Shaul

Premium Member
The lawsuits were started by anti-abortion activists.

In November a lawsuit was filed by the Christian legal group Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF), arguing that the FDA exceeded its regulatory authority and ignored safety concerns when it approved mifepristone – a drug that blocks progesterone, a hormone needed for a pregnancy to develop – more than two1 decades ago. The FDA vigorously rejected those arguments, pointing to repeated and rigorous reviews of the highly regulated drug.​
A Trump-appointed federal judge in Texas, Matthew Kacsmaryk, sided with the plaintiffs, issuing a preliminary injunction on 7 April suspending the FDA’s 23-year-old approval of mifepristone. He also endorsed the plaintiffs’ views that a previously dormant, 150-year-old anti-vice law called the Comstock Act “plainly forecloses mail-order abortion”.​
The ADF is thought to have chosen to file the lawsuit in Amarillo, Texas, specifically so it would appear before Kacsmaryk, who is known for his anti-abortion views, and employed anti-abortion rhetoric throughout his decision, referring to mifepristone as a drug used to “kill the unborn human”.​
1) This would only be one of the lawsuits and doesn't prove that surgical providers aren't also trying to ban this drug. 2) This lawsuit doesn't attempt to ban the drug. It attempts to limit the FDA in how it exercised its authority. That is not the same thing. So, I guess you don't know the answer to your own question, despite you mistakenly thinking you did.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
1) This would only be one of the lawsuits and doesn't prove that surgical providers aren't also trying to ban this drug.
They are not the ones who started this.
2) This lawsuit doesn't attempt to ban the drug. It attempts to limit the FDA in how it exercised its authority. That is not the same thing. So, I guess you don't know the answer to your own question, despite you mistakenly thinking you did.
Actually, one of the initial lawsuits was to attempt to nullify the FDA's initial medical approval of Mifepristone, which would have caused the drug to be pulled from the market, and a Texas judge did rule to suspend its sale before it was overturned.

Last edited:

JIMMY12345

According to this pie chart, the nearly totality women have abortions because of unwanted pregnancy.
That is, they were not able to avoid the pregnancy through the countless, innumerable contraception methods and got pregnant.

View attachment 86667

I wonder why. I want to investigate Americans' sex life to understand why the abortion rate is so big.
I am wondering what the reasons are. Options:
A) American women don't take the pill or don't take it as regularly as European women
B) American women have frequent sex without any kind of contraception
C) US pharmaceuticals don't work. They are not as effective as the German ones, for example
D) American women are so fertile that hormonal pills are ineffective
E) American men are so fertile that contraception methods are ineffective

I am noting that the unwanted pregnancy rate also varies a lot, according to the wealth of the country.
But I see that there's something that doesn't add up between the unwanted pregnancies rate and the abortion rate in high income countries.

View attachment 86666
Its interesting.Religion plummets except for Africa where it skyrockets.However mothers want the kids to have a good life with housing education and FOOD and JOBS.They liked planned parenthood.
With more education women in Africa are generally having less Children.Organisations like the worldwide International Planned Parenthood Federation do good work.They help survival of mothers and infants,the Mothers spread out the births.There is no coercion if Mums want 8 kids,that's fine with the organisation.They promote choice free from government control.The planet cannot feed and shelter more than a certain number. Artificial intelligence (jobs future) and climate change (now) is already causing desperate people to flee to not fault of their own.

☆Dreamwind☆

Because they don't want kids
Doctors are more likely to turn down tubal ligation for a variety of reasons, some valid, some idiotic
They don't want anymore kids
Rape
A variety of health issues that would make pregnancy dangerous for the individual
They're too young
They're not ready yet
Something went wrong with the pregnancy during development, and the fetus is either dead, will not live long, or a rare anomaly will cause it to suffer and have poor quality of life
They are not in a good position in life to care for a child properly, due to a variety of reasons

JIMMY12345

According to this pie chart, the nearly totality women have abortions because of unwanted pregnancy.
That is, they were not able to avoid the pregnancy through the countless, innumerable contraception methods and got pregnant.

View attachment 86667

I wonder why. I want to investigate Americans' sex life to understand why the abortion rate is so big.
I am wondering what the reasons are. Options:
A) American women don't take the pill or don't take it as regularly as European women
B) American women have frequent sex without any kind of contraception
C) US pharmaceuticals don't work. They are not as effective as the German ones, for example
D) American women are so fertile that hormonal pills are ineffective
E) American men are so fertile that contraception methods are ineffective

I am noting that the unwanted pregnancy rate also varies a lot, according to the wealth of the country.
But I see that there's something that doesn't add up between the unwanted pregnancies rate and the abortion rate in high income countries.

View attachment 86666

JIMMY12345

Yep as organisations like the International Planned Parenthood Federation point out worldwide.

Kids need 3 meals education,healthcare.

People who want to limit abortion MUST FUND above otherwise they are just hypocrites like the Pharisees in theTemple.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Yep as organisations like the International Planned Parenthood Federation point out worldwide.

Kids need 3 meals education,healthcare.

People who want to limit abortion MUST FUND above otherwise they are just hypocrites like the Pharisees in theTemple.
Excellent reasoning.
There are also those industrial élites that often happen to be anti-abortion Conservatives.
They need more and more slaves to exploit...that is why they are against abortion and birth control in general.