• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The rape/incest quagmire

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I figure there may be a few states that allow rape and incest exceptions for abortion. Just think how many women will cry rape and incest just because they want to be able to get an abortion. Moreso rape most likely because you can at least make up a stranger and not have to blame a real person. This sounds like it would overload the court system. I can't imagine the anti-abortion crowd is thinking about the many ramifications of their decision.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Rape is incredibly difficult to prove in a court of law and I think most people pushing abortion bans know this. It's more about optics than caring about what sort of strain it puts on the legal system. Besides, with how slow the legal system would be, nothing would be determined before its too late to be of any use to the mother anyway.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I figure there may be a few states that allow rape and incest exceptions for abortion. Just think how many women will cry rape and incest just because they want to be able to get an abortion. Moreso rape most likely because you can at least make up a stranger and not have to blame a real person. This sounds like it would overload the court system. I can't imagine the anti-abortion crowd is thinking about the many ramifications of their decision.

I guess I'm taking my mother's word she was raped by my father.
I'm kind of glad she didn't let that stop her from giving birth to me.
Certainly wasn't my fault my father was an *******.

I was also told my father was a serial rapist. I supposedly have 4 to 5 siblings running about somewhere.
I suppose more mothers at that time were willing to give their babies a chance at life even in unfortunate circumstances.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I guess I'm taking my mother's word she was raped by my father.

That used to be and still is in Alito's abortion document just 100% peachy keen for a man to use his wife's body any time he feels like it. I guess if it stays in Alito's document, we'll see that brought up again with SCOTUS ruling if a husband forces sex with his wife, it's not rape from the abortion perspective (or maybe at all).

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
What they did here is only count it as rape if it's reported to the authorities... when that went through the cases dropped dramatically.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
People never anticipate unanticipated consequences, eh.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
That used to be and still is in Alito's abortion document just 100% peachy keen for a man to use his wife's body any time he feels like it. I guess if it stays in Alito's document, we'll see that brought up again with SCOTUS ruling if a husband forces sex with his wife, it's not rape from the abortion perspective (or maybe at all).

It was in the 70s before marital rape was even against the law. Pretty sad.