• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
giphy.gif

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't think they have made solid rear axles over this side of the pond since before i was born. I think its a distinctly American thing... which explains much about American car handling.
And longevity.
I had one plow truck with over 300,000 miles of service.
That's pretty hard duty. (BTW, that's about 500,000km.)
And in the good old days, even the front axle was solid,
which made alignment much easier.
No trouble yet.
How many miles (or kilofurlongs) on it so far?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Your location is behind us. We're at "walk up" anyone who shows up can get a shot stage now.

It's the same here. I got mine early only because I work in the healthcare field. Everyone at work got it at the same time.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
My 1960 Ford F100 pickup had only toe-in to align.
(Solid axle on leaf springs.)
And handling was great....it rode like a truck.

A 1960 ford...F100......rode like a truck...... I'm shocked.....

0bf44f19c6ed21bc8093002c742328b7.jpg

Surprisingly, my 1976 GMC K2500 4x4 rode like a truck too

KV4IMCdM8IxY30FHx8blLXWULzSk0_cclKJl5kp-HlVuRZ2WAGkPFR6BxwSrd0OQl_lcoZFLClELzwPeMpF40ejtuDgJ28lkomu0Z9WMVrnzLDUMEUebLYLlTkUlEmjT-eV8TVO8-DdvdDrUK2oUZHna-jcNjAtH-CSZBXxm6fXKn0HF3CN1WeFyNA

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
And longevity.
I had one plow truck with over 300,000 miles of service.
That's pretty hard duty. (BTW, that's about 500,000km.)
And in the good old days, even the front axle was solid,
which made alignment much easier.

How many miles (or kilofurlongs) on it so far?

Only 35,000km, not had it very long.

The puggot has a few more, close on 300,000km, that's torsion beam

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I really enjoy it when. user contacts me about an IT related issue they are having, tell me they don't know what is going on...and then follow up with an email telling me what I need to do.... Use to get a similar thing way back in my mechanic days.....enjoyed it then too

In one of my stints as a hiring manager, one question I always asked a prospective IT employee was: "Someone comes to you and says that 'everything is running slow'. What do you do?"

No one ever answered "clobber the idiot" but I would have chuckled if someone was that honest. What I was looking for is someone who would know that anything and everything could cause slowness and have the tool set to figure out where the problem lay.

And, yes, I too had to joy of people telling me what to do without being able to describe the problem in more than the vaguest of terms.

One of the reasons I love my wife is that she learned to first STOP. Second tell me the exact error message of symptoms or ask me to look at it when the problem was visible.

She's much superior to some who can not or will not learn rule 1 "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING".

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
For some reason, the back of my ankle feels like it has a cut on it and had me limping around from the pain of that and a soreness coming along with it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
"Someone comes to you and says that 'everything is running slow'. What do you do?"
Interrogate this person until I know what the problem is, and then restrain the urge to clobber the idiot. I assume this because it is IT, it is customer support, the two combined cannot bode well for sanity at the work place.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Nah, right first time, i suppose you guys can't help living in the bronze age.

Interesting, the us military uses real distance of km or klicks
Believe me, some of us do want to bring the nation up to par so we can communicate with a unit of measurement that makes sense, always and regardless, nothing arbitrarily based idiocy if you don't know where it comes from, it is easy, it is simply, and keeping things simple amd simplifying things is the god law of math. Thus god demands death to the Imperial system.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Believe me, some of us do want to bring the nation up to par so we can communicate with a unit of measurement that makes sense, always and regardless, nothing arbitrarily based idiocy if you don't know where it comes from, it is easy, it is simply, and keeping things simple amd simplifying things is the god law of math. Thus god demands death to the Imperial system.

Im with you 100 times