• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And for @JustGeorge

disorganization_grande.png

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
When I was younger, I had a small house with shiny paneling. Some folks were over playing video games.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see flames reflecting on the paneling. I got up and looked around the corner, and saw my bed was aflame. "Hey guys, the bed's on fire" I let my friends know. I went to get a pan of water. Everyone kept playing games. Saw me coming with a giant pan, they asked what I was doing. "I just told you the bed is on fire." Apparently, they didn't think I was serious because I lacked excitement in my voice.

It got put out before any major damage was caused. I think one of those turkeys left a candle lit for his cigarettes in the bedroom, and it tipped, though he denied it.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
When I was younger, I had a small house with shiny paneling. Some folks were over playing video games.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see flames reflecting on the paneling. I got up and looked around the corner, and saw my bed was aflame. "Hey guys, the bed's on fire" I let my friends know. I went to get a pan of water. Everyone kept playing games. Saw me coming with a giant pan, they asked what I was doing. "I just told you the bed is on fire." Apparently, they didn't think I was serious because I lacked excitement in my voice.

It got put out before any major damage was caused. I think one of those turkeys left a candle lit for his cigarettes in the bedroom, and it tipped, though he denied it.
Prevented a fire a couple time when I was in security. Was checking a medical office on a Saturday, when no one was in, the doctor's office had the window open, the curtains blowing, and a lit candle the curtain was waving over..... curtain was surprisingly warm as wind blew it over the candle.

Work for State and found folks had piles files on top of a file cabinet flood light... smelled something burning that time. took the files off the lights and the bottom of the file was getting rather dark brown

We Never Know

No Slack

Paneling you say..... They live in paneling lol

IMG_20240430_110427.jpg

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Prevented a fire a couple time when I was in security. Was checking a medical office on a Saturday, when no one was in, the doctor's office had the window open, the curtains blowing, and a lit candle the curtain was waving over..... curtain was surprisingly warm as wind blew it over the candle.

Work for State and found folks had piles files on top of a file cabinet flood light... smelled something burning that time. took the files off the lights and the bottom of the file was getting rather dark brown
Had something like that happen here the first night we moved in. There was a light fixture over a shelf in one of the back rooms... Could smell what was fragrant like a wood incense... The lightbulb was so hot it was going to burn the shelf. We disconnected that fixture.

Wu Wei

Had something like that happen here the first night we moved in. There was a light fixture over a shelf in one of the back rooms... Could smell what was fragrant like a wood incense... The lightbulb was so hot it was going to burn the shelf. We disconnected that fixture.
I am pretty certain the staff on that floor sought out the hottest lights they could find to but paper near or on them... I came across that several times

Wu Wei

That was close.

And it's time for me to go on a walk, enjoy spring and avoid wallowing in the slough of despond
Whose wallowing? I'm eating lunch, and my security background plus days in the medical world have left me with a somewhat twisted sense of humor