• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm trying to think how exactly to word my shipping policy as I'll inventory on hand, drop shipping inventory, and will be adding print on demand items once I'm near finished building my website.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You said no to charging more than cost.
No, that is not something I've said. Rather I've bragged a few times about selling a used (and modified) Playstation 3 for more than a new PlayStation 4.
I'm not one of those LWers who hates business just for survivng and allowing the owner to earn a living. It's the exploitation, destruction, knowingly releasing dangerous products, amd giving out bonuses to executives after laying off scores of workers, it's things like that I have a problem with (and profiteering in the normal sense when it comes to necessary items like water).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I watched a new Jeff Dunham special last night. He's taken the ***** way out with crying about people crying about jokes and hiding behind a shield that if 98 people are laughing and two aren't then it's a problem with the two "boneheads." And "it's not me, it's the puppets."
Well, Ricky Gervais is still the uncontested heavy weight champ of zero ****s and ****s given and not crying about it. And even Dave Chappelle comes across as way more understanding and sympathetic towards trans people. Daniel Tosh, who makes a living on brazenly racist, sexist, homophobic, everybody elsist humor is incomparably less offensive.
This one of two wasn't laughing much due to being made the butt of jokes for just existing, jokes that sounded like they were written by some of the idiotic members who feel they know it all about the trans subject but make it seem like they learned a few things just this year.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
What ...will all these owls are you trying to attract @SalixIncendium to the thread?
NAH...I just think birds of prey are cool

1711471554079.jpeg

200w.gif

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And being "it's not your work ethic I have a problem with" by a manager I thought was on my side definitely for sure half the managers don't like me, with three im not sure, and the other I think she doesn't (just waiting for something more concrete before calling it).
The super bossy one tonight even got a small taste of insolent back talk from me for trying to micromange direct me with a bogus order to make me do it like most others and in the process create an extra step of work. Amd as this is the same one who started down the path of malpractice with me as a donor I really just don't like and strongly hate the *****.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Also, when I first got to work, I my vision was cursed with the presence of Snitchy *****, and I decided the proper diet for a snitch is one that is very rich in concrete curbs.
I'm starting to feel like that scene from Half Baked when the guy quits his job
"**** you, **** you, you're cool, **** you."

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, I started to figure out this liquid thingy last night and finally managed to get the footer menu with all the policies and stuff to appear at the bottom of the screen.
So should I consider doing a shopify store? I get adverts on youtube by these people telling me that they can give me 10 stores for free. I never follow the link, because it sounds crazy.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So should I consider doing a shopify store? I get adverts on youtube by these people telling me that they can give me 10 stores for free. I never follow the link, because it sounds crazy.
That probably is crazy, but shopify seems solid. It's even somehow compatible with POS terminals for physical sales.
It's just not very intuitive. According to the mentor, a few if his mentees who use it just gave up and paid someone to build the site for them. When I say I made significant progress, I have items on the store I know how to edit and catagorize and working menus.
I do recommend start by watching their tutorials before you start. It's harder to find what you're looking for as you go and, most importantly, they up to date and tends to have less filler and fluff unlike many other sources.
Taxes, shipping, item menus and the checkout are things I still have to figure out before I can actually open up. And how to bundle things for upselling, but that's more of a very useful thing than a necessary need.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
That probably is crazy, but shopify seems solid. It's even somehow compatible with POS terminals for physical sales.
It's just not very intuitive. According to the mentor, a few if his mentees who use it just gave up and paid someone to build the site for them. When I say I made significant progress, I have items on the store I know how to edit and catagorize and working menus.
I do recommend start by watching their tutorials before you start. It's harder to find what you're looking for as you go and, most importantly, they up to date and tends to have less filler and fluff unlike many other sources.
Taxes, shipping, item menus and the checkout are things I still have to figure out before I can actually open up. And how to bundle things for upselling, but that's more of a very useful thing than a necessary need.
Thanks! In exchange: If you get stuck go to bing and hit the copilot button. It can probably get you unstuck. Its not bad.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I know you know, you can't have your cake and eat it,too..

I can and i have, but no more until pumpkin season again.
It's ok though, this morning i got some of the first white asparagus. The snapped off bits go to make a nice soup