• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's ok if it's home made with real (good) cheese, decent mustard and full cream milk in more (much more) than three and a half minutes,
I just like handfuls of a big mix of cheeses, a little milk, some pepper, and then the obligatory macaroni.
And it has to be real cheese. If I were to sue Velveeta it would be because of having the word cheese or any and all derivatives of cheese included anywhere on the product label. It's not cheese, it doesn't even deserve to be called a cheese like product. It's a weird, melty brick thingy that happens to coincidentally be ok in some recipes.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Supreme Court case could take big bite out of First Amendment...
Excerpted....
Another pending case is Novak v. City of Parma, in which Anthony Novak was prosecuted for posting a parody of the website of his local police department. He was charged with (and later acquitted of) a felony under an Ohio law prohibiting the use of a computer to “disrupt” or “interrupt” police functions.

The satirical site, The Onion, has filed a brilliant parody brief to support the right to parody. The Onion regularly publishes funny fake news stories and, true to form, filed a brief as the self-described “world’s leading news publication” offering “universally revered coverage,” and noting it is the “single most powerful and influential organization in human history.” It told the court that its “more than 350,000 full- and part-time” staff members are renowned for “maintaining a towering standard of excellence” in journalism. (It added that it “owns and operates the majority of the world’s transoceanic shipping lanes, stands on the nation’s leading edge on matters of deforestation and strip mining, and proudly conducts tests on millions of animals daily.”) It was a tour-de-force on the value of satire to make profound legal and political points.

We'll see of SCOTUS cares as much about freedom of speech as they do about religion.

The Onion piece was so wonderful that they should own Twitter and Facebook.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Cats%2B00005.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I just like handfuls of a big mix of cheeses, a little milk, some pepper, and then the obligatory macaroni.
And it has to be real cheese. If I were to sue Velveeta it would be because of having the word cheese or any and all derivatives of cheese included anywhere on the product label. It's not cheese, it doesn't even deserve to be called a cheese like product. It's a weird, melty brick thingy that happens to coincidentally be ok in some recipes.

Similar to you but i also add a couple of cloves of crushed garlic, a spoonful of mustard and a knob of butter

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
A phone on my cellphone plan has decided it is not on the plan. It will not send or receive calls, and tells me mobile network is not available.

call the provider to tell them about it. They send me a text, with instructions, as to how to fix it….to the phone that has the issue…. I had to explain to them why that was a bad idea…. And why that would not fix the issue

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A phone on my cellphone plan has decided it is not on the plan. It will not send or receive calls, and tells me mobile network is not available.

call the provider to tell them about it. They send me a text, with instructions, as to how to fix it….to the phone that has the issue…. I had to explain to them why that was a bad idea…. And why that would not fix the issue
For $9.99, I'll do energy healing of the afflicted phone.
I guarantee a result.