• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Today we went to the raising of mai communal.

Essentially a may pole, not for dancing around but to honour past mayors of the village.

We had an ancient one in the main square but it began to rot as wood does.

The new one is big, about twice the height of the old one, and heavy, traditionally erected by hand.

View attachment 66953

Humour and farce accompanied by the best in an accordion player blasting out repeated renditions of La Marseillaise.

View attachment 66954

All followed by refreshments... A uniquely french event.

What were the refreshments?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Essentially a may pole, not for dancing around but to honour past mayors of the village.

The new one is big, about twice the height of the old one, and heavy, traditionally erected by hand.

View attachment 66953

Humour and farce accompanied by the best in an accordion player blasting out repeated renditions of La Marseillaise.

View attachment 66954

Why are those froggies dressed for cold fall weather?

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member

View attachment 66953

View attachment 66954

There may be hope for France after all.....

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I asked nobody and he cares to have his thoughts listened to

View attachment 66952

200w.gif

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nostradamus book sales skyrocket after prediction of Queen Elizabeth II's death | Fox Business

A book interpreting the prophecies of 16th-century French astrologer Nostradamus is flying off the shelves after it apparently predicted the death of Queen Elizabeth II.

The book, "Nostradamus: The Complete Prophecies for the Future," was published in 2005 and is an interpretation of Nostradamus' "Les Propheties," a collection of poetic prophecies. The book, authored by Mario Reading, has sold more than 8,000 copies since Sept. 17, compared to just five copies the week before the queen's death, according to The Sunday Times.

Reading's interpretation of one of the poems reportedly reads, "Queen Elizabeth II will die, circa 22, at the age of around 96."

According to Reading, Nostradamus also predicts that King Charles III will abdicate the throne due to "resentments held against him by a certain proportion of the British population, following his divorce from Diana, Princess of Wales."

Reading's claim is linked to a section of Nostradamus' work that discusses a "king of the islands."

"Because they disapproved of his divorce, a man who later they considered unworthy; The People will force out the King of the islands; A Man will replace who never expected to be king," Nostradamus' work reads.

Reading's interpretation ultimately concludes that Prince Harry will take the throne following the abdication of Charles III.

Well, I guess it's good for someone's book sales.

But they've already spoiled the ending.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Nuthin but complaints from you peepel....too hot...
...too cold...too dry...too rainy...too much garlic.

Yup it's been hot, not cold yet but getting there, yes too dry, i wish and too much garlic is an oxymoron like American intelligence

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Yup it's been hot, not cold yet but getting there, yes too dry, i wish and too much garlic is an oxymoron like American intelligence

I hope you appreciate the fact I am not posting any of the dozen or so same type of oxymorons about Britain and France..... ;)