• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We're rewatching the Hobbit soon we'll see what the Amazon series is like.

I already know that some are attacking it with "religious" fanaticism for straying from the word of God Tolkien.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
We're rewatching the Hobbit soon we'll see what the Amazon series is like.

I already know that some are attacking it with "religious" fanaticism for straying from the word of God Tolkien.
I'm fiercely attacking it because the wankers making it helped Jar Jar Abrams do a visisection of Star Trek and then Victor Frankenstein a truly terrible monster from the parts of it and other corpses (something that resembles more the movies and not the book).
Their sin is great. Just like saying Tolkien put the stars in the sky and lets others make out the constellations and having the nerve to say their creative twists are within reason. Absolutely not! The elves put the stars in the sky, astrology and constellations aren't much a thing in Middle Earth, and Tolkien shot down a Beetles Lord of the Rings because he didn't think they could stay true to it.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
gary_larson_gifted_comp1.jpg

I came so VERY close to sending that to Mrs Wu (MD, PhD) while we were in Montreal...after she stood there trying to get into a building by pushing on the door several times...before I told her to try pulling.... but my survival instincts kicked in and I decided not to

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It might, and I repeat, might, just be a good day in my immediate surround. Other places? A sad story.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I remembered what more or less set my mood for the day, and that is how Cat Stevens is pretty much on par with Bill Cosby in how the real person betrays the message of the art, and to a deeply disturbing end.
Other stuff, of course, but Rushdie didn't write such beautiful music.

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I remembered what more or less set my mood for the day, and that is how Cat Stevens is pretty much on par with Bill Cosby in how the real person betrays the message of the art, and to a deeply disturbing end.
Other stuff, of course, but Rushdie didn't write such beautiful music.
I've considered betraying my art.........but I seem to have misplaced it....