• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
682hYWM7-5EHu_l5vmdDenNBvOc1EKDXZVPU_zhubCI.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Is Tesla's overall accident rate actually worse than
other cars generally? This would be useful info.
The claim it's a reliable, fully self driving car, but it's still in development. Other companies who have self drivers either test them on closed courses or have trained safety drivers testing them on public roads. Tesla lets any wanker who can afford it test it for them on the public roads. And the driver's are neglecting responsibility while the cars themselves struggle and make hair raising decisions.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The claim it's a reliable, fully self driving car, but it's still in development. Other companies who have self drivers either test them on closed courses or have trained safety drivers testing them on public roads. Tesla lets any wanker who can afford it test it for them on the public roads. And the driver's are neglecting responsibility while the cars themselves struggle and make hair raising decisions.
But what are the net results?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
For the record.... if you are a real estate person and cold call me about one of my properties..... I will say no and hang up..... now back to my regularly scheduled Owl-a-rama

m944eYlqHdkLH_1_5FJaG7W0KBj2do5m4pOjZN40bVSCSmwpz_bDvAUPfOZNKNmHRQPDXMGrr7YzQBxQ8Lypx8HYrrS_w8ug5aHrMHVgjaaGP33vaGFnXPRVDIU7rRlPdHT6qeEfqgvpOzS9xW6xFPQ4QzRCR6xJPF-Ig2oo=s0-d-e1-ft

Wu Wei

The question should be whether Tesla's safety
record is better or worse than comparable cars.

It could also comedown fo wording they refuse to change . The Tesla mode for all that lane assist and automatic braking stuff is called "Autopilot" even though it isn't. It gives some the impression that it is a self driving car. The wording could be their downfall. Also Tesla system is not bad except for one flaw. It is not very good at sensing other vehicles that travel perpendicular to your car. Which is why more than a few have had accidents with tractor trailer while they cross highways in Florida.

and now...an owl

giphy.gif

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It could also comedown fo wording they refuse to change . The Tesla mode for all that lane assist and automatic braking stuff is called "Autopilot" even though it isn't. It gives some the impression that it is a self driving car. The wording could be their downfall. Also Tesla system is not bad except for one flaw. It is not very good at sensing other vehicles that travel perpendicular to your car. Which is why more than a few have had accidents with tractor trailer while they cross highways in Florida.
Yes, but is their overall safety record, despite
these problems, better or worse than average?

Let's not be like anti-vaxers, who talk about the
side effects of vaccination, but don't consider
the benefits.

Wu Wei

the benefits.

Wow, that is a really far off the subject analogy........Not taking like an antivaxer, talking lawsuits in America....McDonalds got sued because their coffee was hot and their apple pie filling was hot too..... but did not tell anyone that the apple pie filling was hot of the coffee could burn you.....Tesla is giving the impression they have autopilot when they do not....... and are not putting in writing anywhere in the manual or on the car that is is not actually autopilot...... has nothing to do with the safety record, has everything to do with the wording and the system... both of which can get them sued, and may have already for all I know.......but always remember the McDonalds warning...content becomes hot when heated

And not sensing vehicles that run perpendicular to your vehicle is not a side effect, it is a fact of the system that contributes to many of Tesla's accidents. The car may benefit the environment and it most certainly benefits Elon's wallet.... but it is not benefiting the guy that hit the truck. You need to come up with better analogies i...that antivaxer comparison was ridiculous

As far a safety record, that is likely not hard to find...but I don't care enough to look for it...so I leave it to you

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

the benefits.

The side effects of waxing are pain and a rash.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This one is for @Wu Wei - I can relate because at one job it was IT support's job to move monitors on desks. The network could be down but moving the monitor had to happen RIGHT NOW.

To the web page:

I was a remote tech and had a woman call me and wanted me to drive 6+ hours to her facility to turn on her computer, because hitting the power button was 'not her job'.

another:

Got a call the scanner in HR was broken. Thought to myself, we dont have a scanner in HR. Go the the office, the lady has word open and is holding a document to the screen hitting enter repeatedly.

another

The power went out in our building and the owner of the company wanted to know what we were doing to get the computers up.

and, of course, a pig had to be involved with an IT issue

Nothing was broke but I got a request into the IT Helpdesk once from an employee asking where he could get a pig carcass.

30 Times When IT Workers Couldn’t Resist Face-Palming At The Requests They Got, As Shared In This Online Group

Wu Wei

This one is for @Wu Wei - I can relate because at one job it was IT support's job to move monitors on desks. The network could be down but moving the monitor had to happen RIGHT NOW.

To the web page:

I was a remote tech and had a woman call me and wanted me to drive 6+ hours to her facility to turn on her computer, because hitting the power button was 'not her job'.

another:

Got a call the scanner in HR was broken. Thought to myself, we dont have a scanner in HR. Go the the office, the lady has word open and is holding a document to the screen hitting enter repeatedly.

another

The power went out in our building and the owner of the company wanted to know what we were doing to get the computers up.

and, of course, a pig had to be involved with an IT issue

Nothing was broke but I got a request into the IT Helpdesk once from an employee asking where he could get a pig carcass.

30 Times When IT Workers Couldn’t Resist Face-Palming At The Requests They Got, As Shared In This Online Group

Guy calls, his PC will not turn on. Get to his office, he has rearranged his office and moved his own computer. He plugged the computer into the power strip, he had also plugged the power strip into the power strip.....plugged it into itself.

Another incredibly irate and insulting user, in the middle of the IT office, is yelling about his new assistants new pc, that we installed the day before is broken piece of fecal matter (he used a different word) that the idiots of IT obviously did not check. I looked at him, told him I installed it, and said lets go down to your office and take a look. I walked in, there was nothing on the monitor to which he yelled, SEE!!!!. I leaned over and turned on the monitor.......we had a private talk later

Had another lady (much less angry and much less rude) who was complaining her computer would not turn on so I went to her desk and asked he to show me what she was doing..... so she did.... she was turning the monitor on.... only the monitor....I pushed the button on the front of the PC and it came on just fine.....

I was working on another guys PC...he had this strange scrolling screen save....basically a name and a word.... I asked him what that was about....he told be it was his network password....

Issue a laptop with instruction on how to access it with it security and encryption system. At the bottom of the instructions, in red letter, highlighted in yellow there is a statement saying do not keep this in the case and do not tape the passwords to the laptop....woman brings it to me to work on....I look at it and cannot believe what I am seeing, the instructions were stapled to the outside of the case..... her reasoning....she thought that was ok because she had not left it in the case of taped the passwords to the laptop
Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg