• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
That won't work as now the GOP trolls real life.
I'm talking about all the ****s who run their mouth, run in a twitter lynch-cancel mob, and are just as eager and willing to make baseless moral judgements against people as a hardened Conservative Evangelical.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
WHAT!!!!! No internet....WHAT ABOUT PHONES!!!

2429.jpg

We...we.....have to have....conversations...... face to face conversations........personal relationships.......
not be connected 24/7.........but...but....how....... oh wait...thats the way it use to be....... nevermind
Where's that <horror> frube when ya need it, eh.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm talking about all the ****s who run their mouth, run in a twitter lynch-cancel mob, and are just as eager and willing to make baseless moral judgements against people as a hardened Conservative Evangelical.

That always happens at my family picnics. It wouldn't if @Wu Wei would just show up at the right times, but alas...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yet you keep coming back here. Maybe you prefer talking to woodland animals.
I like variety in life.
BTW, a museum asked me to head a project establishing
a new machine tool exhibit. I declined, but will be involved
to the extent necessary...even if it means heading it.
(Don't tell them I'm willing.) That'll be at least a few years.
We have the makings of a really good committee (I already
know & get along with'm.)

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I turned off the internet one time and doors just started opening all over the house. Confused children that did not understand what was going on and why? If I had shot a gun off I wouldn't have gotten such a quick response. It was like I had unplugged their brains.

Should see the panic that ensues when the network goes down at my office

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Out of everyone in my family, I'm the only one that has anything close to remote claim to being from the South, and yet I'm the only one who considers the CSA traitors and doesn't sympathize with them.
Damn Yankees.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Out of everyone in my family, I'm the only one that has anything close to remote claim to being from the South, and yet I'm the only one who considers the CSA traitors and doesn't sympathize with them.
Damn Yankees.

I had ancestors from both sides.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Great news! From Monday I can resume my aimless wanderings through the scrub which will leave me less likely to be here and annoying you good people because I'm bored. The wife has already expressed her delight at not having me about annoying her so much.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Might summon @Polymath257 to tell me definitively (if I don’t hear back from classmates on Slack) if a notation for quantum operators and eigenbases (eigenbasises?) from my book is the same thing as from a problem I’m working on, because of all the things to trip me up, a stupid notation difference between authors is the most annoying

Edit: I need to just write exp[i f(A)] in Dirac notation, A is a Hermitian operator whose values are known

Edit 2: derp is it legal to expand the exp as a series in Dirac notation? Did I mention I hate Dirac notation and it’s been years since undergrad QM, or linear algebra for that matter? I need to sleep.

These are my dumb notes, which don’t render well on a phone.

Attachments

• DE3B60C2-AE07-4F0A-AB4C-C54B2FDA81C8.png
    DE3B60C2-AE07-4F0A-AB4C-C54B2FDA81C8.png
    263.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: