• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I once rode too.
bicycles...motorcycles...all dangerous.

As did I. Once while driving home in a freezing rain with roads becoming icy, I stopped thinking driving a bike all the time was fun.

That was preceded by driving up to a curve one day going too fast. I realized I had two choices. The less desirable was to try to take the curve anyway and wind up with the bike on my leg sliding along.

The other choice was braking hard and driving off the road (and falling over in a more controlled fashion). I took this latter option and was OK.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I am becoming this:
skeletonwait1.jpg

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Would it be feasible to have a music station which worked using telephones? Each listener would phone in instead of tuning in.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
No! That bear is riding my coattails and trying to steal MY thing! My knees where old and out snapping, crackling, and popping a bowl of Rice Crispies since his knee cartilage was a wee spring chick.
That bear can get off muh lawn!:mad:

Any time he's doing all that is a time he isn't sticking his nose in my pickanick basket.

So all I can say is...

How are your legs doing, Mr. Bear?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I will soon be off the doles.
Which means I must sink more money into my car so @Revoltingest is still solely supported by @Wu Wei.
Which reminds me I do actually need a few things for it (front brake calipers, rear bumper, right side taillight assembly, and left rear bumper reflector). And I've considered a voltage regulator kit, but it sounds mostly like snake oil claims, but I read mixed stuff about them, they aren't that expensive, but looking at them again it just looks so much bull I'm rechecking if they actually do anything.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Any time he's doing all that is a time he isn't sticking his nose in my pickanick basket.

So all I can say is...

How are your legs doing, Mr. Bear?
He's "nearing retirement age" so he got to have fake knees put in.
Certainly wish I could get that.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I will soon be off the doles.
Which means I must sink more money into my car so @Revoltingest is still solely supported by @Wu Wei.
Which reminds me I do actually need a few things for it (front brake calipers, rear bumper, right side taillight assembly, and left rear bumper reflector). And I've considered a voltage regulator kit, but it sounds mostly like snake oil claims, but I read mixed stuff about them, they aren't that expensive, but looking at them again it just looks so much bull I'm rechecking if they actually do anything.
Speaking of cars....
I failed to check my lug nut torque on Mr Van before my 700+
mile trip to the June engine show. Along the way, a slight
grating noise developed in one wheel. It turns out that the
shop that rotated my tires didn't get full torque on a couple.
I immediately torqued all 80 lug nuts to 150 ft#.
Problem solved. No damage.
Good reminder...always follow one's checklist.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I was just outside picking blueberries, but I was interrupted by a rainstorm. Few people have had this experience. I am privileged.