• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
mathematics-is-magic-math-meme-math-joke-math-teac-bandana.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't know if I'm losing weight or if my skin is toning and firming up, but somethings going on.
I'll have a scale tomorrow so I'll know for sure.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know if I'm losing weight or if my skin is toning and firming up, but somethings going on.
I'll have a scale tomorrow so I'll know for sure.

I should probably get a scale, too. I haven't weighed myself in quite some time.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
French town Ville de *****e's Facebook page removed 'in error' - UPI.com

April 13 (UPI) -- The French town of Ville de *****e had its official Facebook page removed in what the social media site said was an "error" apparently based on the name's proximity to an English insult.

Ville de *****e Mayor Benoit Kieffer said the town's official Facebook page was removed from the site March 19, when officials received a message saying it was "in violation of conditions applying to Facebook pages."

Kieffer said the town attempted to appeal the decision, but never received a response from Facebook.

"At first, you wonder, was there a technical problem? However, with the length of time, it can be considered a real censorship," the mayor told CNN.

Facebook said Tuesday morning the town's page was restored and had been "removed in error."

Kieffer said town officials believe the error stemmed from the word "*****e" being similar in spelling to an insulting English-language profanity. He said an artificial intelligence program likely flagged the town's name as a rules violation.

"We can be happy that social networks take responsibility, that they remove illegal, problematic content," Kieffer said. "But the other problem is to consider that the human gaze has the upper hand on artificial intelligence."

The mayor extended an invitation to Facebook chief executive Mark Zuckerberg to visit the town and "discover our pretty fortified city that has distinguished itself in history on several occasions."

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Bunny snatched: Record-holding giant rabbit stolen in UK (apnews.com)

800.jpeg

LONDON (AP) — Police say one of the world’s biggest bunnies has been stolen from its home in central England.

Darius, a Continental Giant rabbit, disappeared from his enclosure in a backyard in the village of Stoulton over the weekend, the West Mercia Police force said. They did not elaborate on why they thought it was a theft instead of an escape.

The force appealed for any information about or sightings of Darius, who is gray-brown and 129 centimeters (4 feet, 3 inches) long at full stretch. He holds the Guinness World Records citation for the world’s longest rabbit. Rabbits of his type are known to weigh about 15 to 20 pounds (7 to 9 kilograms).

The owner is offering a £2000 ($2748) reward.

Owner Annette Edwards, a large-rabbit breeder and model, urged the culprit or culprits to return Darius to his home 160 kilometers (100 miles) northwest of London, saying it was a “very sad day.”

She initially offered a 1,000 pound ($1,370) reward, but tweeted Tuesday: “Please Please I am so upset Can you bring my Darius back I am putting the reward up to 2,000 pounds ($2,748).”

I wonder who would steal a rabbit. I would rule out Elmer or Yosemite Sam. But it could have been the Abominable Snowman.