• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I keep seeing a commercial for a company that sells sofa sectionals and bean bag type chairs.

However the company name.....was also a euphemism for something completely different back in my highschool and college days

0001_b.jpg

And I can't get past the euphemism

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I keep seeing a commercial for a company that sells sofa sectionals and bean bag type chairs.

However the company name.....was also a euphemism for something completely different back in my highschool and college days

0001_b.jpg

And I can't get past the euphemism

Maybe there's a reason for Lovesac if you push the sections together and...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We needed a small tin of shellac primer and couldn't find any locally so Amazon to the rescue.

I tried Amazon France and couldn't find anything so went to Amazon UK. Found what we needed at £24.90, rather expensive for a small tin, add deliver to France at £18.00. Most definitely not worth it.

On the off chance i went back to Amazon France and searched for the brand name of the british product. There it was, the exact same tin for €19.00. Cool, thats over £7 cheaper. Clicked checkout, delivery is free, better still.

Clicked buy and got the message that the tin costing a total of £25.40 less than the British tin would be shipped from the factory... In England

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
We needed a small tin of shellac primer and couldn't find any locally so Amazon to the rescue.

I tried Amazon France and couldn't find anything so went to Amazon UK. Found what we needed at £24.90, rather expensive for a small tin, add deliver to France at £18.00. Most definitely not worth it.

On the off chance i went back to Amazon France and searched for the brand name of the british product. There it was, the exact same tin for €19.00. Cool, thats over £7 cheaper. Clicked checkout, delivery is free, better still.

Clicked buy and got the message that the tin costing a total of £25.40 less than the British tin would be shipped from the factory... In England

Sounds like you avoided a shellacking

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

What for?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To paint some silicon in one of the bathrooms that because its silicon won't hold paint. We are told the way to solve the problem is shellac primer which can then be painted over.
I ask cuz I use shellac as a primer to prevent stain (eg, knots) bleed thru.
But there are paint primers designed for that, & might be cheaper,
eg, Kilz, Zinsser Bin.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I ask cuz I use shellac as a primer to prevent stain (eg, knots) bleed thru.
But there are paint primers designed for that, & might be cheaper,
eg, Kilz, Zinsser Bin.

All this diy (bricolage) is new(ish), we are still learning after mumble mumble years. Up to now its consisted of decorating and paul has made a couple of book cases.

We are painting a bathroom and can't finish it nicely over the sealer

We had stains on the utility room ceiling part of which is fibre glass where it was extended in the 60s. Every time we painted with emulsion or acrylic paint withinin weeks the stains were back. Someone told us to use ordinary left over gloss paint then finish with emulsion to match... It worked

Never heard of those funny names, not sure they are available here

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If it ain't Guinness extra stout...it ain't beer
Good beer, but there are other good beers. Smithwicks is good. Heineken is good. Some Sam Adams are good.
But nothing and absolutely nothing Miller, Anhauser Busch, or Coors. Those are the Anti-Beers. Beware the Anti-Beer!