• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Think of the statement you can make by posting here that you spent $52,199 on a computer so you can post. Or actually closer to $60k if you want to have a nice monitor and stand.

You could spend $52,199 on Apple's newest computer before you even add a screen

It costs an additional $7,000 to upgrade the standard processor to the most-power 28-core option, which is required for the $15,000 1.5 TB memory upgrade. You'll spend $10,800 upgrading the graphics, another $1,400 for 4 TB of storage (an 8 TB option is coming soon, so expect to pay even more) and $2,000 for an Apple Afterburner card.

That puts you at $52,199, but you can spend another $400 on wheels instead of feet at the bottom so you can move it around. You can also spend another $150 for the Magic Trackpad 2 and Magic Trackpad if you don't want to use the included mouse.

If you want the fancy 32-inch Retina 5K Pro Display XDR screen that Apple sells for the Mac Pro, expect to pay another $4,999, and that's before the optional $999 Pro stand

28-core multithreaded web browsing!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There's a good reason to save email for quite some time even if it seems to be a trivial note. Someone asked two of us if we had done something. I was able to pull up an email where I told the other person my part was done and it was on his plate. He probably forgot about it because of the elapsed time but still, this reinforced my email hoarding tendency.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Its interesting when vp level programmers know more about upgrading their PCs than I do, even though they never worked on a PC at all. And then go off, against advice, and upgrade their (Developer) PC....and it crashes and they lose everything...just like they were told it would happen

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There's a good reason to save email for quite some time even if it seems to be a trivial note. Someone asked two of us if we had done something. I was able to pull up an email where I told the other person my part was done and it was on his plate. He probably forgot about it because of the elapsed time but still, this reinforced my email hoarding tendency.
I've found it financially rewarding to save copies of checks
& other important documents for over 10 years.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Think of the statement you can make by posting here that you spent $52,199 on a computer so you can post. Or actually closer to $60k if you want to have a nice monitor and stand.

You could spend $52,199 on Apple's newest computer before you even add a screen

It costs an additional $7,000 to upgrade the standard processor to the most-power 28-core option, which is required for the $15,000 1.5 TB memory upgrade. You'll spend $10,800 upgrading the graphics, another $1,400 for 4 TB of storage (an 8 TB option is coming soon, so expect to pay even more) and $2,000 for an Apple Afterburner card.

That puts you at $52,199, but you can spend another $400 on wheels instead of feet at the bottom so you can move it around. You can also spend another $150 for the Magic Trackpad 2 and Magic Trackpad if you don't want to use the included mouse.

If you want the fancy 32-inch Retina 5K Pro Display XDR screen that Apple sells for the Mac Pro, expect to pay another $4,999, and that's before the optional $999 Pro stand
I WISH I had that kind of money to **** away.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I never deleted those or texts when I did case management. Then was told, in an unrelated conversation, that doing so apparently isn't a good idea because no one's going to do that.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Its interesting when vp level programmers know more about upgrading their PCs than I do, even though they never worked on a PC at all. And then go off, against advice, and upgrade their (Developer) PC....and it crashes and they lose everything...just like they were told it would happen
The real question is "did learning occur or will they do the same thing the next time"?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
For Edward Scissorhands, other actors were considered in addition to Johnny Depp:
Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, Gary Oldman, Jim Carrey, William Hurt, Robert Downey Jr.
Bullets dodged, eh.

Btw, Michael Jackson was interested.
Tim Burton wasn't.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
For Edward Scissorhands, other actors were considered in addition to Johnny Depp:
Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, Gary Oldman, Jim Carrey, William Hurt, Robert Downey Jr.
Bullets dodged, eh.

Btw, Michael Jackson was interested.
Tim Burton wasn't.
They all make me go iew and ugh. Tom Hanks? Robert Downey Jr? Jim Carrey? I will pass on those drugs that make them considerable for such a role.