• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
This NZ rugby player was born on the exact same day as me.
Interesting :p:yum::yum: very interesting.

alby-mathewson-390x285.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I need new clientele demographs for Lyft, because I'm just not making crap for tips on most days. Which doesn't surprise me, because most days most of my passengers are medicare/medicaid patients and college kids. Druggies tend to make crappy tippers as well.
But I do hear a lot that I'm the driver who plays good music and waits for them to do things that other drivers won't, lets them change destination plans, and so on. And I get the feeling I'm one of the few who aren't afraid of the super poor and drug infested parts of town, given by how many rides I get to those areas despite how far away I am.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And someone was a ***** today putting in a ride that would have taken "45+minutes," getting my hopes up, and then cancelling it before I could even get a cancellation fee.
And it's a nice update that Lyft now gives us a heads up if we're about to accept a long ride. I'll take pretty much any of them, but it'll be nice knowing before I show up if I'm going to LA again or not.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And someone was a ***** today putting in a ride that would have taken "45+minutes," getting my hopes up, and then cancelling it before I could even get a cancellation fee.
And it's a nice update that Lyft now gives us a heads up if we're about to accept a long ride. I'll take pretty much any of them, but it'll be nice knowing before I show up if I'm going to LA again or not.
It sounds like Lyft is better than Uber which might not be saying a tremendous lot.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It sounds like Lyft is better than Uber which might not be saying a tremendous lot.
And that update is only days old, as this last Friday I picked someone up and didn't know I was going to LA until I the app thingy loaded his destination.
I only hope if they do have to make us employees it doesn't mess up what I have going on. It's not my fullest potential by any means, but the way it is now is pretty good overall for all the stuff I'm dealing with.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And that update is only days old, as this last Friday I picked someone up and didn't know I was going to LA until I the app thingy loaded his destination.
I only hope if they do have to make us employees it doesn't mess up what I have going on. It's not my fullest potential by any means, but the way it is now is pretty good overall for all the stuff I'm dealing with.
That sounds like the classic "double edged sword" is a possibility.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That sounds like the classic "double edged sword" is a possibility.
Simpler taxes is the only benefit I see coming from being an employee. If it's a double edged sword, it's a sword that's going to get plunged deep into the drivers once Uber/Lyft are able to exert more control over employees.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Hopefully the most that will change is they'll have to make up the difference if we don't make at least minimum wage once we're done for the day. Which it's easy to make more than that anyways.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Other than what seems to be a pretty small black population, I wonder if Bakersfield is more representative of America as a whole than Texas? They say Texas around here, but I can most definitely say the people who live here are from all over America. I even learned some people pronounce Missouri as "Missour-uh."
I've also noticed there are several people here who also know little-to-nothing about where they originally came from.
It's definitely not like rural Indiana where few people aren't from the area.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I really can't wait till I can get facial feminization surgery. I shaped my eyebrows, and just that alone made quite a difference. But I still go "ugh" seeing my face from most angles.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Speaking of surgery...my endocrinologist told me that Spironolactone is pretty ineffective onto Mediterraneans...it's a genetic thing so SRS is inevitable in our case.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not only is it raining cats and dogs (i just stepped in a poodle). Its also thunder and lightning. i feel a power cut in the not to distant future which is typical when we have this weather.

But wait, the last power cut we had was last month. It was a power cut to prevent power cuts???