• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
The Orville has some good jokes among the turds.
But worse yet, it has no soul. To be really funny,
it would be better if it could be taken seriously.
I only saw part of the opener. Since then, it's never on when I think of it (seems to have changed nights, idk). And I can't DVR it because I apparently set up an unauthorized recording of something else I wanted to watch, causing the DVR to not record stepson's favorite, The Walking Dead...

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Oh! How I wish I were still teaching...maybe if my brain comes back...
23031725_10154845892065759_326953370085697614_n.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The contrivances get even stupider as the series develops.
The special effects & characters are good, but they jumped the shark almost immediately.
The ship can instantly transport anywhere in the galaxy cuz
it's powered by trans-dimensional mushrooms & spores.
A giant tardigrade (water bear) showed them the way.
But it suffered, so an engineer became part tardigrade
with DNA therapy. I kid you not.

And this is supposed to be the prequel to STTOS?
Surely you describe not Star Trek but some other science fiction?
And here I thought Jar Jar Abrams ruined the series.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think I'm going to cry myself to sleep over how blasphemed Star Trek has been over these sacrilegious spin offs that should never have come into existence, and just how dumb it is this "discovery" is not at all matching up with TOS.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I only saw part of the opener. Since then, it's never on when I think of it (seems to have changed nights, idk). And I can't DVR it because I apparently set up an unauthorized recording of something else I wanted to watch, causing the DVR to not record stepson's favorite, The Walking Dead...
Thursday - is its current time. But you can watch on various streaming sites if you're a member.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
The JJ version at least has some good special effects, good impersonations of the original characters, and occasional hat-tips to the original series...