• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm thinking about changing my job hunting strategy. Instead of wearing my best clothes, I'm going to wear my oldest clothes that have the most holes and point out that I really need a job because I'm so poor I can't even afford good clothing.
It's an idea, at least.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm thinking about changing my job hunting strategy. Instead of wearing my best clothes, I'm going to wear my oldest clothes that have the most holes and point out that I really need a job because I'm so poor I can't even afford good clothing.
It's an idea, at least.
I've never known anyone give a job on the basis of poverty.
But it might work if you're applying to a charity organization.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's an idea, at least.
As someone who was a hiring manager a couple of times, that would be a fast path to being rejected. In retirement, I help out at an organization that is providing high quality clothes to the poorest including the homeless. This should help in two ways. One way is most people feel better when they're wearing good clothes. The second is that this sends a message to a hiring manager that the person cares about doing a good job.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
But it might work if you're applying to a charity organization.
I don't think that would work either, at least to charities I've known. Charities also have images they want to project and sending the wrong message during an interview is a mistake.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It certainty didn't work with a bill collector, with their trying to "help them-hel-me" sort of lines, my suggestion was they can give me job so that I can make payments, but it didn't work.
But Thursday I am going to go to an electronics repair store that just opened up, discuss my background, my many numerous successes and very few failures despite having no formal training or education, and ask about an apprenticeship and potential employment.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It certainty didn't work with a bill collector, with their trying to "help them-hel-me" sort of lines, my suggestion was they can give me job so that I can make payments, but it didn't work.
But Thursday I am going to go to an electronics repair store that just opened up, discuss my background, my many numerous successes and very few failures despite having no formal training or education, and ask about an apprenticeship and potential employment.

If I were the hiring manager I would want you to know/be able to answer these questions:

What kind of things do they repair? How much of that do you know now? How have you learned similar things in the past?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
So...now that I have seen this "yuge" posted twice by you..... I realize your true identity, you are Billy Fuccilo
Earlier in my life, I listened to "Speedy Price of Fiesta Motors" and swamp land being sold by "De Carlo Land Lots" on late night TV.