• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Stalin appears to Putin in a dream
He says to Putin: "I have two bits of advice for you: kill off all your opponents and paint the Kremlin blue."

Putin asks, "Why blue?"

Stalin replies, "I knew you would not object to the first one."

We Never Know

No Slack
Shower time.
IMG_20210731_233225.jpg

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

Sometimes I'm just a little skeptical of some stuff. For example, there probably is something they call the Ark of the Covenant, but um, I just don't see a lot of Bible stories as being credible history. Which makes me doubt that the Ark of the Covenant here was from OT times. What if there were just stories, then the Ark was created based on those passed down stories as a symbol of those stories.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Sometimes I'm just a little skeptical of some stuff. For example, there probably is something they call the Ark of the Covenant, but um, I just don't see a lot of Bible stories as being credible history. Which makes me doubt that the Ark of the Covenant here was from OT times. What if there were just stories, then the Ark was created based on those passed down stories as a symbol of those stories.
Right....
...what's an ark?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
These people claim to have photos of the original ark upon which the story of the Ark of the Covenant is based: Ark of the Covenant

Its the story, not the History, that matters. What was the purpose of this Egyptian Ark contrasted with the purpose of the Ark of the Covenant in the Tabernacle of the L-RD? Why did the Israelite reject this other ark? That is what matters in a religious sense. When you choose the religion then you also choose to believe in the Ark of the Covenant. You don't choose the religion for the sake of historical artifacts, because such a religion would be pointless.

To me its sad that so many people want to use coercion and arguments to prove that others should follow their religion. That does not result in the kind of religion which is good. It results in a frustrated and bent experience.

Therefore I urge mildly suggest not to believe in the Ark of the Covenant unless you choose to join the religion.

Last edited:

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Zoot lit the grail shaped beacon again, didn't she? Aweful, evil zoot! She must be punished.
"I'm convinced!"

Monty Python's Flying Circus: Just the Words - Episode 28

Voice Over: Were these just coincidences, or were they, as Mr Norris believed, part of an identical cultural background? One further discovery convinced him. (cut to two lawnmowers arranged on a table, as if they were exhibits in a museum, with type-written documentation in front of them for the visitor) The lawnmower. Surely such a sophisticated household gadget could not have been generated independently in two separate areas. Mr Norris was convinced.
Mr Norris's Voice: I'm convinced.